"How are you so sure?"

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

Suzy stared outside her window blankly, watching the rain drizzling against the windowpane. All weekend, she had stayed home, trying to figure out what it was that she was feeling. She'd gotten close to believing that what she had felt that night with Seungri was nothing at all. And then Bora stepped foot into her apartment and all those thoughts began crumbling away.

 

Bora took a spoonful of caramel almond ice cream and stuck it in . "Why does it bother you so much to admit that you like Seungri, anyway?"

 

"Don't say it so casually like that, Bora! I still get goosebumps when you put 'like' and 'Seungri' in the same sentence. I don't understand what I'm feeling and even when I try to sort them out, I get more and more confused. The fact that I keep thinking about it like it's on replay is driving me insane." Suzy groaned as she stepped away from the window and sat back on the couch beside Bora. She grabbed a pillow and hugged it to her chest. With her heart thudding, she looked at her best friend with apprehension in her eyes. "I'm afraid that what I'm feeling for him… might be more than what I felt for Daniel…or any men in my life, for that matter."

 

Desperately happy for her friend, Bora put the ice cream down and took Suzy in her arms. "Oh honey. This is it, isn't it? What you've been waiting for?" Bora said comfortingly. "I know this is terrifying. I felt this way when Joon came around the first time. I didn't know what to do. I thought I'd die waiting for him to ask me out."

 

Suzy raked her hand through her hair and heaved a deep sigh. "What am I going to do? It's not like he sees me any differently than before. This is all swirling in my head, not his. I just…I don't know."

 

"Are you going to tell him?"

 

As though she had been slapped, Suzy stared incredulously at Bora. "No. That thought never even crossed my mind. This is going too fast. I don't even know for sure really, how I feel. No, that's impossible." Already in a panic, she stood up and paced the floor. "God, Seungri will hate me. He already gets annoyed at the sight of me. He'd probably just laugh at me and call me stupid if I ever told him."

 

"You know that's a lie," Bora said from the couch. "He's not like that and you know it better than I do. Look." She stood up and grabbed Suzy's shoulders. "Just get to know him better. Get to know that other side of his that you always talk about."

 

Full of doubt, Suzy stared into Bora's eyes. "Won't he find it bizarre if I just…randomly…ask him to spend time with me?"

 

She laughed with glee, growing excited at this budding love. "He will. But he'll say yes anyway."

 

Wondering where Bora got all her confidence, Suzy could only shake her head in disbelief. "How are you so sure?"

 

"Because I'm an outsider and I've seen the two of you from an outsider's point of view. He's probably all mixed up inside too. So I suggest, before you decide to start burying those feelings like I know you want to, explore them for a bit. Who knows what might happen with the two of you?"