I want you. I want us.

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

 

 

The elevator doors opened. To her surprise, Daniel stood inside, standing there looking...perfect. Even his posture was perfectly straight. His tailored suit had no wrinkles whatsoever. Caught off guard at how flawless he looked, Suzy felt her face flush as she stepped in. "Hi Daniel," she greeted with a bright smile. Seungri really needed to take some lessons from this guy.

 

"Suzy. How are you? You worked hard today," he commented, flashing his white teeth.

 

Daniel was a fairly tall man. The ideal height of male models. He even had the slim body for that line of work. Suzy often wondered if he ever made a career out of it at one point in his life. Unlike Seungri, Daniel looked sophisticated and stunning. But that man just... rugged and messy-looking. She bit back a disgusted look while picturing him in her head.

 

Looking at Daniel now, Suzy used the opportunity to memorize his face. His brown hair was wild and wavy, framing his narrow and thin face. He wore rectangular white-rimmed glasses that accentuated his features. His lips were thin and his nose was angled much like royalty.

 

When he smiled, it was as though the rest of the world vanished. She could drown in his smile all day long. "Um, yes, it was a productive day," she responded.

 

"That's great. You're getting along well with your co-workers?" He asked, keeping his tone polite.

 

At that, Seungri's face instinctively popped up in her head once more. This time, she mentally punched the guy's face repeatedly. "Mm-hmm. They're fabulous."

 

"That's lovely." Daniel's voice was so melodious and soft. He was just so prince-like, like out of a fairytale. It has to be him, she thought. This has to be the one I've been waiting for all my life.

 

"Daniel, I…" Suzy wanted to tell him, but the fear of rejection suddenly came over her, as it always did every time she was about to confess. "I…"

 

The elevator doors opened. Daniel just smiled again. "Have a good night," he waved goodbye after he stepped out of the elevator.

 

Suzy let her head drop against the elevator door when it closed. Feeling miserable, she asked herself why. Why couldn't she just tell him? So what if he didn't reciprocate her feelings? At least she wouldn't have to suffer like this. Seungri was right, she thought gloomily. Why did he have to be right all the time? She was desperate. She wanted Daniel. Badly. It was almost pitiful.