Sorry for the wait

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

Three Months Later

 

"Why do you always have to win every single game?" Suzy cried, standing up with her hands digging into her hips. "Can't you be a gentleman for one second and let me win at least once?"

 

"I can't. I just wasn't born that way. I have to win. If you want to win so badly, pick a game you're actually good at."

 

In frustration, she walked off to his kitchen and refilled the bowl of chips. They'd been playing all the card games she knew how to play for almost four hours already and yet she hadn't even won once. He was such a liar, claiming he didn't know how to play any card game whatsoever. The moment the cards were dealt with, he became the friggin' card magician and beat her every single time. It was so annoying.

 

"I don't want to play anymore." She announced as she set the bowl on the coffee table and sat back down on the couch.

 

He chuckled as he grabbed a handful of chips. "What do you want to do then?"

 

"How about you cook dinner tonight?"

 

"Why? I won. You cook."

 

"Seungri…! It's your turn," she objected fiercely. She grabbed his arm and pulled at it back and forth. "Come on!"

 

"But that's not fair to me. What do I get for winning all those games then?" He shot back, scratching his head. "I didn't cheat. It's not my fault you chose to play card games that you at."

 

Annoyed at the reminder, she spoke firmly. "Look. Just cook dinner because I'm really not in the mood to do it. I'll make it up to you after, okay? I'll clean up everything and wash all the dishes. Just go…cook. Please?" She added with an earnest smile.

 

"You're lucky I like you." He muttered, stealing a quick kiss before going to the kitchen.

 

As Seungri began preparing the meal, Suzy cleaned up the mess they had made in his living room. When she gathered all the cards together, she stood and waked to the fireplace and glanced aimlessly. Now there was a picture of the two of them, with their cubicles as the background. It felt a little appropriate, she mused, considering that was how they had met in the first place.

 

The past six months with Seungri was beyond hectic and a complete emotional rollercoaster, but she didn't want it any other way. As Bora used to say, the love stories that usually last are those that endure a lot of pain in the beginning.

 

"I'm willing to help," Suzy said, walking to the sink to wash her hands.

 

"Here, you can peel these." He passed her a bag of potatoes.

 

As she began the first potato, she looked up at him, watching his back. It really was crazy how things could change in half a year. Who would have thought it would be him, she wondered? The it for her. Certainly not her. If she hadn't gone after it, she would have missed out on it all, just as Bora had said. She probably would have moved on to another heartless jerk after Daniel.

 

He turned and caught the way she was staring at him. Still it made his heart skip a beat whenever she looked at him that way.

 

Without saying a word, she leaned upward and planted a soft kiss on his cheek.

 

"What was that for?" He asked when she fell back on her heels.

 

"Just felt like it."

 

He grinned. "Are you going to see your dad and brother for Christmas?"

 

"Not this year. I'll go see them at New Year's. Come with me?"

 

"Yeah I want to meet them. So that means…Christmas, you're free to spend it with me?"

 

Suzy looked up, annoyed with the question. "Why are you even asking? Of course I'm spending it with you. It's our first Christmas together," she muttered the end as she looked back down at the potato in her hand.

 

"Why are you acting so shy?" He brought her chin up so he could see her eyes.

 

"I'm not being shy. I'm annoyed. You can be so slow sometimes," she answered back, angling her head in defiance. "I already booked the last week of December off, like I said I would. You did too, right?"

 

"Why would I even ask you to spend Christmas with me if I didn't have it off?" He retorted.

 

"Okay, before we start arguing like we usually do," Suzy began, bringing her hands up. "So we both have the last week of December off to spend together. It's our first Christmas, so…"

 

"You just don't want to lose an argument." She scowled. He knew her well. When she went back to peeling the potatoes in mild frustration, she felt him staring at her, and she ignored him. Amused, Seungri continued watching her. "I got you an early present though."

 

Her head shot up. "What?"

 

As he expected, she was as bad a er for presents as she was for ice cream. "You kind of have to open it now or else…it'll get wasted." His gaze travelled to his bedroom. "It's on my bed. Go check it out."

 

Before he could even finish, she sprinted off. Alone in the kitchen, Seungri shook his head in amusement. Everything about her was so friggin' adorable.

 

Cautiously Suzy opened the door. She the lights as she put one foot in, then locked her gaze onto the bed. On top of a big white box was a smaller black box, both of them rectangular in shape. How could she not have noticed this? She practically lived in his house the past few months. Because he gave her the permission to open it, she walked over to it and touched the boxes gently.

 

"Can I open both boxes?" She called out, already itching to open them up.

 

"Yeah. Open the big one first."

 

She wondered why he wanted her to open the presents weeks before Christmas. Instead of mulling it over, she moved the small box aside and carefully untied the pink ribbon holding the white box closed. Then she lifted the top lid. Inside the white box was a bouquet of white and pink lilies, covered by transparent cellophane. There was a note attached to the stems. Filled with emotion, she fell limply on the bed.

 

I should've given you these on our first date. Sorry for the wait, Princess. – Prince Charming