What would I do without you?

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

Seungri relaxed on the bench. He couldn't remember ever spending half of the day in a mountain park waiting for the sunset, but Suzy had requested it and he couldn't say no. It was funny how a lot of things she asked from him, he was always willing to give to her. Probably because everything he asked, she always seemed to find a way to fulfill it too. He wondered if she knew how much she meant to him. He wasn't sure if he showed it enough. It was certainly a different experience altogether to be more than just another friend.

 

He turned and caught the way Suzy eyelids just about fell. "Sleeping on me?" He declared loudly.

 

She jumped, woke up immediately, and straightened. "Huh? No."

 

"You're already dreaming." He gave off an exaggerated sigh, as though offended. "You made me hang out for 6 hours with mosquitoes just so you could sleep on me when the sun's done setting?"

 

Suzy smacked his arm.

 

"Did you at least get to see the sunset?"

 

"I did," she retorted. "It's not like I fell asleep anyway. Your loud voice woke me up before I could start dreaming."

 

"That's okay. You can sleep if you want," he relented as he put an arm over her.

 

"You're so weird." She moved closer and rested her head on his shoulder. "Considering it's our 1-month anniversary…why don't you tell me when you started liking me?"

 

"…Pass."

 

"Just answer it."

 

"You answer first."

 

Suzy shook her head briefly in incredulity. "You better give me the full-on, complete, honest, detailed answer after." He just hummed in response. She elbowed his rib in mild annoyance. So typical of a man.

 

"Well…for me…the moment you took care of the blisters on my ankles, I think I got a little mesmerized. I thought I figured you out already before that. You know, just some jerk who finds it amusing to hurt other people. Then you took care of me the way I was hoping Daniel would. It was like a slap in the face. A much-needed slap. I was thinking about it last night. That was the probably the moment I…began to look at you in a different way? I guess?"

 

"You want me to kiss you?"

 

She laughed and turned to face him. "I'm just telling the truth. Now you go. Remember what I said."

 

"But I'm a man," he protested. "It's hard to talk about feelings out loud."

 

"I don't care. Come on! It's not that hard. Just tell me when you started…seeing me differently. Like, you must've thought of me as some annoying co-worker who's too idealistic, right? That's why you liked teasing me any chance you got."

 

He angled his head. "At first it was like that, but I'll let you in on a little secret. Men tease women; boys tease girls; because we find them some aspect of them cute. That's really the reason why. Let's see, I found you the most annoying when all I kept thinking about was you. It was really frustrating."

 

"How about when you first met me?"

 

"When we first met, I definitely thought you were too idealistic. You still are," he said with a shrug. "That's who you are." Seungri studied her face, noting the anticipation in her eyes. "If we're doing the truth game then fine, since I saw you that first time, I was attracted," he dragged out. "But your attitude was totally off," he quickly added before she could say anything. "You hated me from the moment we met and you were so obsessed with Daniel. You used to smile like an idiot when he was around."

 

Regretting how immature she had been then, Suzy winced. "I remember that time. Sorry."

 

"It didn't really bother me. It was fun teasing you. Still is." He laughed when her frown became a pout. "Just think of it as my way of showing my appreciation for you."

 

Suzy let out a sound of displeasure.

 

For a moment he became silent, then said, "Actually… I'm glad. About how things turned out, I mean." Their eyes met and they could tell exactly how the other was feeling. She smiled when he pushed back a stray hand of hair from her face. "I don't even know how it happened. You mean a lot to me, you know that?"

 

The tears slowly pooled in her eyes.

 

He shot up in concern. "Don't cry. I didn't say those things to make you cry."

 

"Some tears aren't out of sadness." She began wiping them away. Why even now little things like this still reminded him of Hara? "I'm happy right now. I'm really happy, so let me cry."

 

She'd become so important to him in a matter of months that it was almost scary to think of what it would be like if he was left alone again. "What would I do without you?" He asked quietly to himself.

 

"I'll always be here, Seungri," she murmured, hearing the question. "I'll be here as long as you need me."

 

The words, as much as he wanted to be comforted of it, made him sad. It only reminded him of the one fact that he'd purposefully ignored since they began their relationship. The insecurity, the fear never left him, no matter how great everything seemed to be going. Becoming more and more serious now with her, he was reminded yet again. His whole life, nobody ever stayed. Something would always come up and he knew that more than anyone.