Don't make it harder

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

Suzy straightened out her legs on the carpet floor, sitting against the wall with the telephone against her ear.

 

After everything that had happened, both of them had gone to a nearby hotel and fell on the bed right away. In less than a minute, both had fallen asleep, emotionally spent and physically fatigued from the travel. After three hours, Suzy woke first.

 

"So that's why you chased after him," Bora murmured.

 

"Mm. We've been on the phone for almost an hour and he's still asleep," Suzy answered as she glanced up at the bed. Seungri's face was currently buried under a pillow, but she could see some of his hair sticking out. "Bora, I've never gone after someone before."

 

"That's because you've never fallen in love before."

 

"You saying that means you must be acknowledging Joon's declaration of love for you, right?"

 

Bora became quiet for a moment, before she hummed. "I kissed him. I didn't plan on doing that, but…he…"

 

Suzy smiled, completely happy for her best friend. "Aww. You still love him."

 

"Argh. I told him we're taking it slow this time. He practically cried when I said it." She sighed. "I have to admit, it's nice having someone love you exactly for who you are. It was hard for me to open up again, you know. I felt like I couldn't trust him anymore. I guess I never gave up on him after all this time. I wanted to make him fight for me…because he never used to."

 

Suzy looked outside the window from where she was. "That's how it must have been for Seungri too. He couldn't lean on anyone because everyone left him…and the one person he loved at the time went away too." Her heart felt sad thinking of Hara. "I wish I could've met her. She seemed like a really good person."

"Hara? You got to read the letter, right."

 

"I felt like I got to know her a little bit more. To love someone to the point that you'd hope for their happiness above your own, even when you're in enough pain as it is, it's…"

 

"That's admirable."

 

"It's love."

 

At that moment, Seungri peeked out from under the covers and met her startled gaze. He could barely open his eyes, so he blinked many times. She smiled at the sight and reached out to pat his head. He grabbed her hand midway and pressed his lips against her palm. Her heart leapt. Seungri took the phone from Suzy while still holding her hand in his.

 

"Bora?" He asked with a rough voice.

 

"Seungri! You woke up! Suzy just filled me in. How are you feeling?"

 

"I'm doing good, thanks for asking. But I'm going to hang up now. Suzy will call you later."

 

She giggled. "Take care of her!"

 

He sat on the edge of the bed and pulled Suzy to stand in front of him. She looked down, studying his sleepy brown eyes and the way his dishevelled hair fell over them. So this was how he looked when he woke up. It thrilled her heart to be able to see it; to be the only one in the world to have seen it.

 

"Did you have a good rest?" She asked softly.

 

"I did. I slept for a while. How long have you been awake?"

 

"Over an hour maybe?" Suzy played with his hair and tried to push his bangs to one side. "That's another first for me, you know. Going after someone and not giving up. I always gave up first."

 

"It was a first for me too. Chasing after you all this time. Though half the time, it was me pushing you away." Ruefully, he smiled. "Sorry."

 

She looked into his eyes for a long time, studying them while he did the same to hers. Then she bent down and pressed her lips on his. Her pulse thudded when his lips travelled down to the spot under her jaw. She sighed quietly when he pulled her forcefully that she fell on his lap. Her legs wrapped around his waist instinctively. He found again, almost devouring it, while his hands locked on her waist, touching her bare skin. She felt her cheeks bloom with heat as opened and his tongue touched hers tentatively.

 

He pulled away first, managing to smile despite how badly his heart was racing. "Sorry. Probably not the right place to do it our first time."

 

She shook her head, though she took a moment before meeting his eyes. "It's…okay with me."

 

Despite her words, he could see the anxiety in her face. Seungri held her cheek, bending down to kiss the tip of her nose in comfort. "Our first time together, it'll be special. I promise I'll take care of you."

 

Because he noticed it, she let her forehead fall against his shoulder in relief. "Okay."

 

His body still felt hot, his heart still rapidly pounding. No matter his good intentions, he was still, after all, a man. Carefully he stood up while lifting her up, set her on the bed and pulled away. When she stared up at him in question, he stood against the wall, a meek smile on this face.

 

"Sorry, I'm…cooling off."

 

She nodded and looked away from him, feeling the heat of her own face strengthen.

 

"Suzy," he spoke after a moment. When she faced him again, he said, "Thanks for saving…" His face reddened. "Ah...I mean I'm really…glad…that I get to be your first."

 

She smiled then, showing that bright, innocent smile he fell for. "You mean my only one, Seungri."

 

"Ah...don't say that," he interrupted quickly putting a hand up. "I'm already having a hard time keeping my hands off you, so don't make it harder."

 

Her heart shook in response. She could see on his face just how troubled he was. She never thought she would be this desired by someone before. It felt amazingly wonderful, especially when the man desiring her was Seungri. There was no doubt in her mind that he was going to take good care of her the moment it happened. She then got to her feet and took out her hand for him to take.

 

"Let's go get something to eat."