"Just…don't do it again"

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

At half past noon, Suzy stretched out her arms and her back. Seungri and the white paper bag were neither in sight. Curiously she pulled away from her desk and got on her feet. Maybe he was eating it right now in the kitchen. Just as she was about to peek, her cell phone rang.

 

She quickly glanced at the caller ID. "Hey Bora."

 

"Suzy, I want to eat Chinese food today."

 

"Oh…" Suzy gaze shifted to the kitchen.

 

From where she was, she could see what looked like Seungri's arm. A part of her was itching to go there and find out what he thought of her cooking, but there was the other part that was afraid of what he had to say. Considering it was her first time even cooking something, a lot of things could have gone, and probably did go, wrong with the taste. Then she began to think up possible insults he could throw at her.

 

Suzy snapped back to the present. "Okay. I'm coming down now."

 

With quick and firm steps, she walked to the elevator, purposely ignoring the kitchen from her visual field. Just as she pushed the arrow button, someone took hold of her forearm from behind. She yelped as she felt her body get pulled back at least two meters.

 

When she regained her footing, she spun around to face Seungri, who was watching her with an unreadable expression on his face. "What?" She demanded, touching her elbow absently.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"Bora wants to eat out for lunch." She glanced down, realizing the first button on her blouse had unfastened. Her brows furrowed as she attempted to button it up. "So did you-"

 

"Don't cook for me again."

 

She jolted at the tone of his voice. Her head lifted.

 

"Just…don't do it again."

 

Seungri immediately felt the guilt stab at him as the blatant look of hurt flashed on her face.

 

"It…it wasn't like I was…declaring any feelings for you!" She snapped, embarrassment quickly joining the bruise. "I owed you from before, so that's why I made it. Besides, if it tasted so badly that you felt the need to say that, then you shouldn't even have bothered eating the rest of it! You ingrate!"

 

Determined to see this through without breaking into a mess, Suzy turned around jerkily and opened the stairwell door. Though there were a good nine floors down before hitting the lobby, she was going to walk it all.

 

Suzy felt her shoulders shake as soon as she'd gotten down two flights of stairs. How could Seungri have so much power over her feelings like this? One little comment and it was enough to sorely wound her pride. Suzy fisted her hand. So what, a simple, nice thing to do wasn't allowed anymore?

 

"Suzy!" Bora greeted as she saw her friend walk out to the main entrance. Her smile died when she caught sight of her friend's face. "What happened?"

 

"What a bastard! Can't even appreciate a small act of kindness," Suzy cried angrily as she grabbed Bora's arm and pulled her along.

 

"What? What happened?"