it's not difficult to say sorry

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

Usually, every argument they had, big or small, would always be forgotten the next day. It had been three days since the incident and neither had spoken to the other since. For her, it was purely pride. She knew she'd said words that were harsher than necessary, but admitting it out loud was another story. The unkind words they'd thrown at each other that day still rang in her ears.

 

Of course, why it bothered her that Seungri had kept his promise and stayed away, she couldn't explain. For a long time, she disliked the person she had to work beside. Even at this point, as Suzy stared lifelessly at her computer, the thought of him still irked her. But why did something tug strongly at her at the thought of him completely and blatantly ignoring her existence?

 

She let out a sigh. It was true that Seungri annoyed her to pieces and yes, she knew jokes were just that – meaningless and for the fun of it. But some of those jokes really stung. Maybe it was her extra-sensitivity, she mulled. But work wasn't work if he just shut up entirely! Going to work and doing the everyday routine wasn't the same when he didn't say anything to her, not even to just give her a small shove or say something sarcastic. She frowned. All these times, she realized then, Seungri's presence had become so fixed in her life at work. Suddenly afraid of losing something precious, though she couldn't pinpoint what exactly, she turned.

 

Timidly, she walked over and pushed the bottom of his chair with her foot.

 

Feeling the gentle push, Seungri looked up and met Suzy's tentative gaze.

 

Seungri, meanwhile, had spent the last three days wondering what was going to happen between them now. Work had become duller than usual when they didn't interact. It wasn't fun anymore. The last three days had essentially been awful, to say the least. It made him realize that there was no one else in his life worth annoying.

 

Every other co-worker didn't mean anything special. But that didn't mean Suzy was special; he was quick to argue with himself. She was just different. The constant noise that came out of her cubicle had disappeared during that time. It was uncanny. His own reaction to it should have been one of relief; instead, he felt more bothered than he liked to admit.

 

As he continued to stare at her, she let out a breath then said, "It's been three days already…" Suzy's gaze fell. "I really was out of line. I'm…" She let out another sigh of defeat. "I'm sorry."

 

Surprised that the apology had actually come out of her first, he could only stare. He never thought she would own up to her mistake or even back down first. Feeling a little admiration for her, he then said, "Me too. Sorry."

 

Suzy looked back up at him and caught the lopsided grin he sent her way. Relief waved over her immediately, but now she was left with strange emotions. When and how had she begun to enjoy those petty arguments they shared? Still finding it odd, she could only turn back around. Just as she picked up her pen, a smile appeared on her face. He must have missed their spats too, she considered.