Give me some time

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

Suzy bit her bottom lip. She watched Seungri put in a movie in the DVD, unsure exactly how to bring it up. It wasn't as though she wanted to know every single thing that happened between them. It was more that she wanted him to open up to her, especially about someone who probably was the most important person in his life. She understood that he didn't like talking about it, but…the longer they were together, the more she became worried. Was Seungri even ready to truly open his heart to anyone else?

 

"Don't…start the movie yet," she mumbled from behind.

 

Seungri turned. "What's up?"

 

"Sorry. I didn't mean to look at her picture again," she said with uncertainty, knowing the words sounded pathetic. "I saw it in the closet."

 

He stared back at her speechlessly. For another moment, he glanced to his bedroom then sat back down beside her. "Oh."

 

Feeling guilty, Suzy's head hung low. "You didn't have to hide it."

 

"But it's hurting you." He interrupted, his voice a little distant. "To see her."

 

"Seungri-"

 

"I can't throw it away, Suzy."

 

"I'm not asking you to," she frowned. "Why would I ask you to do that?"

 

"Then what are you asking?"

 

"Nothing. I'm here. That's all I'm trying to say." She let out a breath. "Look, just stop being considerate of my feelings for a minute. I know how important she was to you. That was at a time when I didn't know you, so it's okay with me. It's really okay that you loved her," Suzy argued desperately.

 

"It's not," he replied just as desperately. "Because it's bothering you a lot now. Why else would you bring it up?" He clutched at his forehead in a sign of frustration. "I…don't know what else to say."

 

"I just thought that if you really let me in and share with me at least some of this pain that you're still carrying…that it'll be easier to move on. You do want to move on, right? But…" Her bottom lip began to tremble. She bit it. "I guess I'm asking too much. Sorry."

 

"Don't apologize," he interrupted quietly. "It's me messing this up, not you. I don't like talking about it. I don't know what to say without hurting you. Every time I say something, I can see it in your eyes, so it's harder for me."

 

"That's why, just stop being considerate-"

 

"I can't do that. That's not easy," he interrupted abruptly. "Not when I care about you this much. So don't ask me to do that. Let me…think about it. Give me some time?"

 

Her heart helplessly fell. With almost a sad voice, she said, "I told you before, Seungri. I'll always be here as long as you need me. You don't have to ask me that."

 

He then turned and studied her face, really taking it in. He saw her disappointment and sadness, and felt a sharp pain stab him through the heart. It felt worse that he could offer no comforting words.