Mended heart

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

Both Seungri and Suzy's prides and unwillingness to back down and confront the other stood in the way for a week and a half. It had been more than silent. It had been torture; almost similar to that time when they had fought as enemies. As lovers, however, it was like torture in another level.

 

She'd look over at him every once in a while, and sometimes, she'd catch him looking at her. The moment would pass just as quickly as it happened. Her heart would ache as much as his did.

 

In the worst of moods, Suzy shoved her lunch in the microwave and stood outside the kitchen, staring blankly at the office. Why her eyes rested on Seungri's cubicle so easily, she didn't bother asking herself. With a sigh, she looked away. When the microwave dinged, Suzy turned and bumped solidly against something hard. In a daze, she stepped back and felt her leg hit a metal trashcan. "Ah!" Just before she could trip on her own feet and fall back, the person she'd bumped into grabbed her quickly.

 

She stared up in astonishment. Wooyoung looked back at her with worry. "Are you okay?"

 

Before she could say a word, she was pulled back to her feet and pulled away from him. "She's fine," Seungri interrupted, shoving Wooyoung's arms off of Suzy.

 

Immediately uneasy by the look Seungri was sending at him, Wooyoung blinked rapidly. "Oh, okay. Sorry for bumping into you like that, Suzy!" He hurriedly walked off in another direction.

 

"Stop being so damn clumsy," he spoke once Wooyong was gone.

 

"It's not like I meant for it to happen," she snapped, pulling herself together. When she looked down, she saw Seungri's arms still binding her waist in a protective manner. Feeling her emotions rise up quickly in , she pushed him away. "G-go away."

 

He let go of her and watched her walk back into the kitchen. Seungri clutched his forehead in hopelessness. Really, what the hell was he doing. The last week and a half had gone by slowly and excruciatingly. He could see from her that she was going through the same thing. In all honesty it really was a funny thing between them. They'd become so dependent on each other to the point of the state beyond misery if the other was in a bad mood or nowhere to be found.

 

After a moment, he followed her to the kitchen. When he entered, her eyes flew to him, as wide and wary as a deer caught in headlights.

 

His mouth opened to say something, but no words came out.

 

She couldn't say anything.

 

He stared at her for a minute, wanting badly to go to her, yet knowing he didn't have the right. He didn't deserve her if he wasn't going to be able to apologize for everything. He'd spent all week regretting everything he'd said. The thought of breaking up was enough to tear him apart.

 

"I'm sorry." His head fell in defeat. "For lying. Sorry for…what I said. I didn't mean anything I said. Sorry for making you cry." He then lifted his head, his eyes sad. "I've never asked anybody this in my life. You're the first one, so…please. Don't leave, Suzy."

 

Because her bottom lip began to quiver, Suzy bit it immediately. Her heart was completely and unavoidably his. "Kiss me and I won't."

 

Seungri reached her in less than a second and picked her up off of the floor. He held her body tight against him as he kissed her with the desperation of a man who'd been given water after enduring thirst for years. He let her down after a long moment and continued to hold her close. He didn't know how much he needed her, not until after the fight, and now he couldn't even let her go.

 

She pulled away first. "I missed you."

 

"Me too."

 

"I wasn't planning on leaving, Seungri," she murmured. "Just so you know."

 

"So I didn't need to beg?"

 

"No, you didn't."

 

He kissed the top of her head anyway.