Heavy feelings

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

Suzy let her head fall forward as the hot water soaked through her hair. It had been a rough week, what with her getting a cold soon after her cough. Seungri had been sweet and even mother-like in that he'd watched over her meticulously over seven days to make sure she didn't get a fever. He'd practically lived in her house in that time frame, picking her up in the morning and staying with her until very late at night. There were some nights she'd let him stay and sleep at the couch.

 

And while she was grateful and appreciated his presence, she could sense the distance. It was like he was slowly pulling himself away. It wasn't obvious, not outwardly at least. Even when she was sick, he would give her a kiss on the forehead or a hug here and there. It was more the words between them, or lack of it. Most of the time, he just stared at her or stared off somewhere. She would talk about random things and he listened, but his attention, she could tell, wasn't entirely on her.

 

Was she the one at fault here, being so demanding of his attention and time? She didn't know.

 

Suzy grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her body. Why did a horrible feeling settle in her? She began to think that if Seungri was given a chance to choose between Hara and her, he would still pick Har. It hurt to entertain those kinds of thoughts. It made her feel awful for being jealous of someone who was already gone.

 

As she stepped out of the bathroom, her cellphone rang in her bedroom. Quickly she ran to it and held it against her ear. "Seungri?"

 

"Suzy, I won't be around for the weekend. Some friends from university want to have a gathering, in Busan so I'm going over for a few days to hang out with them."

 

"Really? Will you be back by Monday then?"

 

"Yeah, I should be. I'll call you if something else comes up. Take care of yourself."

 

"I will. Thanks for taking care of me, Seungri. I feel much better," she offered quietly.

 

"Well, that's what I'm here for right?" The silent pause came. "Don't…"

 

The sadness filled her senses at the thought that she wouldn't see him at all for the entire weekend. They had practically spent every day together since they began dating. She had gotten so used to him being there. "Hmm?"

 

"Don't go falling in love with some guy while I'm gone," he warned.

 

Suzy felt a smile come onto her face, despite the heavy ache in her heart. "How can I when you're the only one I think about?" When he chuckled in response, she grunted. "I mean it."

 

After a moment, he said, "I know."

 

She bit her lip then said, "When you're there with your friends, you'll… try and cheer up, right?"

 

"Yeah. It'll be good."

 

"Good. Okay. I guess I'll see you on Monday."

 

"Ok. I'll miss you."

 

Suzy lifted a hand to her heart at the thud. "Me too." When she hung up the phone, she pressed it against her chest.

 

 

 

"Why do you always have to be in a bad mood every time I ask you to come out?" Lee Joon asked. His eyes reflected weariness as he stared down at the black-haired beauty standing in front of him.

 

She met his stare levelly. "Because I haven't forgiven you yet. You're going to have work your off to get me to warm up to you again, buddy."

 

"So you're saying I should just count my blessings that you decided to go to this two-day trip to Busan with me?"

 

"Exactly." Bora still sit down on her seat right beside the window when the ferry arrive. "Besides, don't forget that I have family in here. I didn't come to spend 48 hours with you." She grap her backpack when Lee Joon hand over to her. "So be honest with me, Joon, why didn't you find anybody worth marrying in Paris?"

 

Though he was tired of facing this interrogation for almost two months, Lee Joon still felt buried under a sea of guilt and remorse. He knew that the only way he could keep from drowning was to put up with this snooty, awful attitude Bora constantly projected in front of him, because even with that attitude, he still loved her to the bone.

 

"How could I when I'm obviously still in love with you?"

 

The words stirred her heart uncomfortably. She looked out the window. Stay strong, Bora! You can't let this guy walk all over you again. "Those words aren't enough anymore, you know that, right?"

 

As Bora studied the people walking on the ferry station platform that going in various directions, she noticed a familiar face among the crowd. She squinted because he was still a little far. When he began walking closer, her eyes almost popped out of their sockets.

 

"Oh my God, what is he doing here?" She blurted out loud, almost splattering her face against the window.

 

Startled, Joon jumped from his seat. "Huh? What? Who?"

 

"Seungri, what are you doing here? Where are you going?" She muttered to herself as she looked around for Suzy. She was nowhere in sight. "Does she even know where you are?"

 

Her eyes continued to follow him. Seungri walked to the ferry where Bora was sitting in, but stopped. He glanced up again at the signboards and as though he realized he had made a mistake, he turned around and walked to the other platform. He studied the large screen monitor once more, glanced down at something he was holding in his hand, which Bora guessed was probably his ticket, then walked into the other ferry. Bora rapidly blinked her eyes, trying to read the sign as to where that ferry was headed.

 

She frowned. Eh? Jeju?