Friend’s advice

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

Seungri blinked rapidly to clear his vision as he came out of the office kitchen with a cup of hot, black coffee in his hand. He was so, so tired. This was already his second cup, despite the fact that only one hour had passed since work began. When he reached his cubicle, he glanced over idly at Suzy, who was chatting with Bora. Usually he would have at least greeted the pretty black-haired woman, but looking at Suzy just reminded him of how slow and long and painful his nights were becoming.

 

He sat down and massaged his temples for a moment.

 

"Hello Seungri," Bora greeted from behind. "Are you having trouble staying awake?"

 

He glanced up and managed a half-hearted smile. "Hey Bora. How's it going?"

 

"Lovely." She studied the faint bags under his eyes then her gaze swung over to the cup of coffee. Her eyes sparkled at how similar her best friend looked at that moment. This guy wasn't getting any sleep whatsoever either! Almost deviously, she moved closer and blocked Suzy's view of him. In a quiet voice, she murmured, "Suzy tells me she hasn't been able to get any proper sleep since she took you out for dinner. Could it be that you're going through the same thing?"

 

They eyed each other for a moment. "Uh…I don't know about Suzy, but I'm a regular insomniac."

 

"If I were you…it might help try to ease things if you took her out this time and repaid the 'debt', so to speak. That way you wouldn't feel obligated…or guilty that a woman asked you out on a date first. I mean, not that you would feel that way." Bora then stepped back and smiled. "Besides, I know from experience that going out on a date with someone for the entire day is a very enlightening experience."

 

Seungri shrewdly watched her. "Really now."

 

She shrugged one shoulder innocently. "I didn't say anything new that you haven't thought about."

 

She then walked back to Suzy, who had been watching, with eyes as wide as saucers, the little interaction between her and Seungri. Because he was still half-asleep, he didn't bother listening in on their conversation.

 

Bora gave him plenty to think about. He'd considered it, but wasn't sure if it would work. It might be enough to rid Suzy out of his system if he took her out on a date for the whole day. He'd be able to pinpoint exactly why she was stirring him up like this, and once he was able to do that, going back to how it was before would be easier to do. And all these churned-up emotions were probably all physical. He wasn't emotionally invested in this woman. He couldn't be.