First Date

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

Suzy stepped out of the building with Daniel's hand in hers. This was going to be their very first lunch together. He been unavailable all week following the trip, but eventually he had found some time to spend with her. And as much as she was looking forward to this lunch and essentially their first date together, the new pair of shoes she had bought specifically for this moment was giving her extreme pain and badly hindered her excitement.

 

Unable to hold it in any longer, she tightened her hold on his hand. "Ah Daniel…I'm sorry, these shoes," she began, embarrassment colouring her cheeks. "I think I need to buy a pair of flip-flops or something. My feet are in pain."

 

Oblivious to it, he glanced down at the gold, strappy 3-inch heels. What was wrong with them? They were glamorous and beautiful on her feet. "They hurt? Why, did you get the wrong size?"

 

"What? Oh no, I just…I didn't realize they were going to be this hard to walk in." She explained, still forcing on a smile despite the pain. She hadn't realized, until now, that it was incredibly hard to act delicate and ladylike all the time. "Sorry, do you think we can quickly go to a store selling open-toed sandals?"

 

Getting hungrier by the second, Daniel glanced down at his watch. "I don't know if we've got the time," he said with regret. He sent her a sympathetic smile and squeezed her hand in support. "Darling, I haven't had a break since the day started. Could we grab something to eat first? We'll look around after, I promise."

 

Stunned at his reaction, Suzy could only stare. Without waiting for her reply, he turned and led her to his car. As they walked, she followed speechlessly. What the hell? Did he not care that she was hurt right now? Prince charming cares about his woman first and foremost, she argued, so what was he doing right now? Was he really that hungry to ignore her pain?

 

Okay, wait, wait, Suzy. Now you're just being bratty. Don't be an idiot. You don't want to ruin this! Just because he said something you totally didn't expect doesn't mean he's not prince charming anymore. He must've just worked really hard all day and needs a break. After all, this is Daniel, the man you`ve been waiting for, for a long time.

 

She took a quiet deep breath. Yes, exactly, she was just being completely selfish, and this was her fault, not his, so why did he have to suffer for it?