Liar

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

 

Almost exactly thirty minutes later, Seungri stared up at Suzy's balcony. So he took Bora's advice. He needed to get her out of his system, and since one dinner only made him want to be with her more, maybe a whole day would do the job.

 

Still, he winced, remembering the way he asked her out minutes ago. It wasn't exactly the most romantic way of asking a woman out on a date, but…there it was. Oh well, maybe that was for the best.

 

He grabbed his phone and called her. After four rings, the voicemail came on. What the hell was this. She didn't pick up. A little irked, he got out of his car and leaned against it, absently scanning the building once more. What was she doing up there anyway?

 

Meanwhile, Suzy hurriedly grabbed her purse and fit her feet into a pair of black flats. She had heard the call but chose to ignore it. He would just have to wait, wouldn't he?

 

Suzy ran to the front of her full-length mirror and surveyed herself. Her makeup accented her big brown eyes and her pink heart-shaped lips. Her hair fell in curls along the sides of her face, while her bangs were placed off to one side. She had decided to go with a purple, subtly patterned, strapless summer dress beneath a blue and white cardigan. It wasn't exactly formal, but having some understanding of Seungri's style, she hoped it was appropriate for wherever the heck they were going.

 

With a satisfied nod, she quickly walked out of her apartment. As the elevator passed each floor, Suzy's eyes followed the blinking numbers. Now that the only thing left to worry about was Seungri, her heart began to thud in slow, loud beats.

 

Growing impatient, Seungri glared at the entrance door of her building. Where was that woman? He held his phone in hand and was about to call her once more, but just as he looked up, he saw her.

 

Words left him. Actually it was like his mind shut off and all he could do was gape at her like a pitiful teenager going out on his first date.

 

Already feeling out of her comfort zone, Suzy swallowed as she neared him. Seungri hadn't stopped overtly staring at her since she'd come out of the building. Realizing he wasn't going to stop anytime soon, she took the moment to memorize how he looked.

 

He'd gone with casual clothes as well, with a form-fitting white shirt under a pale grey leather jacket. He'd worn jeans – she hadn't expected him to own a pair, considering all the slacks he wore to work. She realized how well he carried himself. Though his style was the exact opposite of Daniel's, Suzy was surprised to find Seungri...... a little breathtaking.

 

"Sorry I'm late," she began, hoping to sound at ease, despite the pulse jumping at the base of . She bit back the urge to her lips at the way dried. "Though thirty minutes wasn't exactly that much time to prepare."

 

He straightened up and continued to look at her, even as she stopped in front of him. "You dressed up just for me?" He asked lightly as he touched the ends of her hair between his fingers.

 

She could barely feel the touch, but it was enough to make her heart go on overdrive. Suzy let out a strangled laugh. "No way. Why would I? This is how I normally look when I go out with friends." Liar. Even with thirty minutes, she'd laboriously chosen the right clothes, the right hairstyle, and the right makeup just for him.

 

"Really?" The way she wouldn't look at him straight in the eye was the biggest giveaway. Seungri bit back a grin. "Let's go then."

 

"Where are we going?" She asked as soon as she settled into the car. More comfortable now that he wasn't staring at her so intensely, she let out a deep breath that easily enough calmed her nerves. "What are we doing? I'm really hungry. Are we going to eat first? Can we eat first? I didn't get to eat anything since you only gave me thirty minutes to dress up. Which by the way wasn't enough time."

 

"Stop talking."

 

Suzy replied mildly, "This is kidnap, Seungri. Tell me where we're going."

 

"It's not kidnap if you willingly come with me." The familiarity of his words made her blush and smile. "I'll feed you don't worry."