I get to pick the song

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

Suzy grabbed the handkerchief he pushed against her hand and violently wiped away her tears. She would stop crying over him. She had to. There was just no point in it. As she sniffled, she admitted to herself that it really wasn't Daniel she was crying about anymore. Over the last two days, she felt all her self-worth vanish. There was a dreadful sense of hopelessness hovering inside her and it fuelled the tears.

 

When she dried her eyes and finally looked up, her eyes met his. Her heart jerked in response, and afraid of what that was, she looked away and fisted the handkerchief in her hand.

 

"He really took me for granted. And I was really stupid to believe in…" She couldn't even finish the thought. "I just…I might end up drowning in my sorrows again before this day is over. Can you keep my mind off it somehow?"

 

Immediately he thought of a way. "If I catch you bawling your eyes out or even let one teardrop fall, you have to sing a song. A really, really embarrassing song right there." He pointed to the middle area of their floor, where many people often crossed paths. "And you have to sing it loudly, with passion. I get to pick the song."

 

Losing track of her pessimistic thoughts, Suzy blew her nose, then said, "No."

 

"What do you mean 'no'? You just asked me to get your mind off it. Let's make it a deal. If you go all day, that's eight hours, without crying, I'll owe you."

 

She paused for a moment and mulled it over. "You were joking about those tickets to Hawaii, right?"

 

Seungri blinked at the sudden question and then began to laugh. "Sadly, yes. Look, I'll buy you whatever you want. How's that?"

 

For some reason, she felt her spirits brighten up a little. It made her realize just how badly she needed someone to understand and take care of her right at that moment. Why Seungri ended up being the one to do so, she couldn't comprehend and frankly had no energy to try. "Okay." With hesitation, she then continued by murmuring, "Thanks, Seungri."

 

Still unnerved by the way she looked right now, he turned away and went back to his desk without saying another word.