Stop acting cute!

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

It was Wednesday afternoon and despite the fact that August was almost over, sweltering heat still filled most days. Suzy stood by the printer, tapping her finger against the tabletop in a sign of impatience. She could feel her sweat rolling down her back. What was taking the printer so long to spew out three pages? Her eyes narrowed as she studied the small screen. It didn't say 'error.' She pulled out the paper tray. It was full of paper. What the hell was the problem?

 

"You look like you're about to kill someone." Her co worker said in sympathy as she walked over to Suzy. "The printer's not working again?"

 

Suzy sighed as she stepped back and let Min fiddle with it. "No. I don't know why it's not working."

 

"You broke it, didn't you, pumpkin?"

 

Suzy turned at the nickname. "I didn't do anything." When Seungri kept grinning, she shoved him aside. "I didn't," she insisted.

 

"So you two," Min began, glancing over her shoulder. "You were into each other this whole time, weren't you? We all knew it!" Both of them stared back at her blankly. "Yeah, we were practically betting on when you'd get together. It's obvious, the way you look at each other when the other isn't looking. And come on, we all know all that arguing and teasing was all because of the attraction." Min grinned when Seungri and Suzy studied each other. "Am I right or am I right?"

 

Suzy shook her head swiftly. "No, I hated him. I would never have noticed him if he hadn't started treating me nicely."

 

"Stop denying it. You obviously wanted me since you met me," he chided, putting an arm around her waist even as she resisted. "You're blushing because Min's right."

 

"You guys are so cute. In any case, I'm just happy for you two. I know things with Daniel didn't work out. I was really hoping you'd find someone and you did, Suzy." She smiled and patted the printer. "This should work now. Oh shoot, I have to go to a meeting! Take it easy on each other, okay lovebirds?"

 

When she was out of sight, Suzy pushed him off of her and walked to the printer and pressed a few buttons. "This better work," she muttered. "I've been standing here for twenty minutes. I'm all out of patience."

 

"You're not patient to begin with," he reminded as he walked over to her. "So you're…completely over Daniel, right?"

 

Dumbfounded by the question, she could only look up.

 

"What?" He asked innocently.

 

She studied the printer screen again. "Of course I'm over him. As a boyfriend, he was a heartless bastard. Why do you even have to ask that? You would know out of anybody here." Finally the papers came out of the printer. "Yes! It's working." She took them out and began walking back to their cubicle. When she got to her desk, she turned and bumped her head on Seungri's chest. "Stop following me."

 

"Do I have a choice? I sit beside you."

 

"Well…" She moved away so he could pass. She crossed her arms in front of her chest. "You liked me first didn't you?"

 

"You wish." Realizing where her mind was at, he grinned. "You were blushing pretty badly."

 

"Because I was embarrassed," she interrupted hotly. "Not because I agreed with her. Besides. You liked me first." She stuck out her tongue immaturely and sat on her seat.

 

Caught off guard at the cute act, Seungri continued staring at her, even as she turned her back towards him. When she glanced over her shoulder to check his reaction, she jumped back as he stole a kiss from her. "W-what are you doing?" She cried, pushing him away. "We're at work!"

 

"Stop acting so cute then." He replied calmly before turning back to his own desk.