Why bother asking if you already know!

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

When Suzy returned to her desk, she plopped down on her seat. The lunch break had been a nice, therapeutic session with her bff Bora, but now, being in the same room as the jerk that couldn't even show an ounce of gratitude, she felt her anger come back completely and fast. From her visual periphery, she could tell Seungri was walking around her cubicle and settling right in front of her, his face hovering just above her monitor. She kept her eyes fixated on the keyboard and ignored him perfectly.

 

Then he leaned against the cubicle wall. It made her blood boil. For a good minute, she was able to withstand the patient, lazy stare he was sending her. Then as her patience snapped, she threw the words at him with a clipped tone. "I'm busy. Leave me alone."

 

He was unfazed. "Are you still mad?"

 

"I'm not mad."

 

"You are."

 

"I'm not mad." She repeated with emphasis.

 

Seungri inched forward and caught the flare of her nostrils. Yeah, she was still pissed off. "Stop denying it."

 

"THEN WHY…" She stopped, realizing her voice had gone two octaves higher. "Why bother asking if you already know!" She hissed.

 

He knew exactly how to push the right buttons. Of course, after all this time, how could she have been so stupid to forget that? With restraint that she had to dig up from all the way inside herself, Suzy spoke again, this time more calmly. "My reaction is perfectly normal. Why wouldn't anyone get mad over that kind of cruel, heartless comment? The least you could've done was show some gratitude, but no, you had to insult me and my cooking, so yes, I'm still very mad."

 

"I didn't-…I wasn't insulting you."

 

Frustrated to the point of exhaustion, she leaned back against her seat and threw him a murderous stare. "So what exactly were you doing?"

 

Seungri restlessly moved around. Because he did initially want to hurt her, he felt the guilt. It was all because of all that fear and worry and distrust that had built up in a matter of moments during his emotional epiphany. That swift and careless decision that he'd made on the spot was probably the most idiotic one he'd ever made in his adult life. After he saw that look on her face, how hurt and angry she was, it left him feeling ugly and downhearted. It was scary how she could affect him so much.

 

So he'd sat himself down and really thought everything through. He decided to stop denying it. He liked her in that serious, only-want-you-for-myself way that he had successfully avoided for four years. And as much as it scared the out of him, it was foolhardy to push her away and act like there was nothing there. Because just looking at her face made him want to go after her.

 

Hell, looking at her right now was making him want her even more.

 

So knowing she was still feeling testy, he chose his words carefully. "First off, I'm sorry. I… only meant, don't go through all that trouble for me again. I don't deserve it. You must've had a rough time too. Cooking takes a lot of time and it can be hard, especially for someone who has no experience in the kitchen." Seungri straightened up in discomfort. "But thanks…for cooking for me. It was good."

 

Suzy stared up at him for one more moment, trying to measure his sincerity, before looking away in embarrassment. She had just spent a good a half-hour throwing insults at Seungri behind his back, and now, those simple words he'd just said easily swayed her heart. Was this how it was to be in love? No, 'in love' was probably too strong a phrase right at this point. With pursed lips, Suzy met his gaze squarely.

 

"You can't just take everything back like that," she responded hotly, unwilling to soften up her self-control, despite the way her heart did. "It sounded like an insult to me." She added with a miffed tone.

 

An apologetic smile came out, and as small and hidden as it was, it was genuine. "I'll do whatever you want me to do."

 

"Make me dinner. If you really didn't mean to insult me, you'll make me dinner," she challenged. "You need to pay me back for all the hard effort I put into making your lunch."

 

Bora had said not to give up on him, amidst Suzy's angry release of words. She hadn't been planning on doing that anyway…all it was, was just that it hurt to hear that from him. Taking out her anger on Bora had helped, since her bff had laughed and comforted her through it, assuring her that Seungri was probably just as confused about his own feelings as she was. Though she didn't believe that assumption the moment it was said, Suzy studied him now, wondering if there was some truth in it.

 

With almost a defeated feeling, Seungri let his gaze roam her face. Was there really no way he could stop anything now? It didn't seem like it. How had he been so naïve to think that he could push her away so easily when he badly wanted her like this?

 

"What?" She demanded, though her heart was trembling.

 

As he looked away, he said, "Don't bring your car tomorrow."

 

When he walked past her, she released the breath she'd been holding.