totally unexpected

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

"So much for prince charming," Suzy muttered under her breath when she returned to her desk, limping. Slowly, she pried off the good-for-nothing, expensive shoes. The blisters on her ankles had gotten worse. Of course they did. Damn, there was blood on the backs of the shoes too. She slightly moaned at the pain when she touched one blister tentatively. "What did I do to myself?"

 

 

"What happened to you?" Seungri interrupted from behind. He bent down and caught a glimpse of just how bad the blisters were. Instinctively, he stepped back. "God, why would you do that to yourself?"

 

The echo of her own question irked her. Great, here was yet another source of frustration. "Leave me alone. I'm already in a bad mood."

 

She blew at the hair waving in front of her face, exasperated. Suddenly, Seungri bent down and grabbed hold of her left calf so he could get a better look at her wounds.

 

Suzy's head shot up. "What are you doing?"

 

"You need to wipe the dirt off." He then got up, walked to the kitchen, where she saw him grab a piece of paper towel and drenched it with cold water at the sink. Suzy stared in bewilderment.

 

A moment later, he bent down on one knee and gently wiped the traces of blood away. Suzy twitched several times at the pain, but continued to watch him. Seungri then grabbed a handkerchief from his pocket and dried the blisters thoroughly.

 

He glanced up at her then, sending her a smirk. "So you're a fashion-over-comfort kind of woman?"

 

At that, she frowned again, glancing over her shoes now sprawled on the floor. "Well, they're pretty…" She broke off when he carefully placed band-aids at the backs of both ankles.

 

"Not worth the money if they're going to screw your feet up," he commented when he stood back up. Suzy's stunned expression made him uncomfortable, but he shrugged it off. The woman was hurt; what else was he supposed to do? "So you must've been in a lot of pain all day." With that, he turned back to his desk, grabbed an extra pair of flip-flops, and threw them down at her feet. "You can use these for now."

 

Still speechless, Suzy slid her feet into them immediately. They were big of course, but they felt like clouds under her feet. As she pressed down her heels on the soft cushion, she swore she heard her feet sing in happiness.

 

"Ahh…" A smile of delight then came on her face. When she looked up, she caught Seungri studying her. Her heart jumped a little. Despite the blush blooming on her cheeks, she forced herself not to look away. "Thank you." He'd been so caring at that one moment, which was totally unexpected. Somewhere in her heart, she couldn't deny the fact that she was ridiculously touched.

 

Seungri walked back to his desk. "Learn from your mistakes, right?"

 

She turned in her chair and scooted towards the desk. Without choice, her mind kept replaying the scene over and over again. Seungri had been more caring about her well-being than Daniel. It was so unreal, so totally far-fetched from her imagination. There was no doubt that she appreciated his kindness, but it felt odd to be on the receiving end of it, after enduring years of insults from this man. It made her question her own judgement. Maybe Seungri wasn't as self-centred as he was always projecting himself out to be.

 

Just then, an anxious feeling settled in her stomach as she once again recalled the image of him bending down and cleaning up her wounds. The first time a man had actually taken care of her and it was…Seungri. Why was her heart pounding at the thought? She shook her head immediately. I guess he's just one of those people who'll stop and ask a stranger in pain if they're all right. Most people would just walk away and ignore that person. But…he wouldn't. Suzy looked down at her keyboard, but couldn't concentrate. She meant nothing to Seungri and he meant nothing to her, she knew that. And yet, that one thing he did for her…made her look at him just a little differently now.