Afternoon chatting

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

They walked out of the building and down one of the busiest streets in Gangnam. The two women frequently lunched together and spent many lunch breaks trying out all sorts of restaurants in the surrounding area. They had made it a mission to find the best restaurant and after three months, there was still no particular restaurant that stood apart from the rest.

 

"Fine, but you shouldn't be so uptight about Seungri. He probably just likes to tease you because you're so cute when you're angry!" When Suzy just scowled, Bora laughed. She put her arm over Suzy's shoulders loosely. "Okay, changing topic now. Joon's back. It shouldn't bother me this much, but it is, so I'm a little out of sorts. Why didn't he just stay in US and marry some long-legged model instead of coming back here?"

 

Suzy sent her friend a sympathetic smile and patted her hand. "Bora, he's your first love. You can't fool me that there's not one part of you that wants to see him again."

 

Bora put on her sunglasses and sniffed in haughtiness. "For your information, I don't want to see him again. I've had a good life since he walked out on me. My heart's doing very well now and my priorities have changed since he did. Right now I just want to have fun and enjoy what's left of my youth. Being in a serious relationship is exhausting and painful and so not worth my time."

 

"Only someone who's been in one can say that. Look at me. Two failed relationships, neither of them serious, and the breakups were anything but sad. I'm actually starting to think Seungri's right. I am desperate for a serious relationship right now. With Daniel," she added the last bit firmly.

 

"Stop living in a fantasy, Suzy. Guys like our boss, they look perfect on the outside, but you really don't know what kind of person they are. And you've never seen the man outside of work. He has got to have flaws. No man can be as perfect as you describe him." Bora looked around and saw a red sign for a Korean BBQ restaurant. "I'm up for some barbeque. Let's go there."

 

When they were seated at a two-seater table, Suzy let out a heavy sigh and clasped her hands together in front of her. Bora glanced up after quickly looking over the menu and noticed the resolute look in Suzy's face. Her brow rose in question. "What's the matter?"

 

"I just want to clarify right now that it doesn't matter what you or anyone else thinks about Daniel. I truly believe he is the most beautiful, most perfect man I've ever laid my eyes on. I may not know how he is outside of work, but I imagine he's just as kind and sweet to his family and friends as he is with his employees." After the remark, Suzy finally picked up the menu. "Just to clarify," she added.

 

Bora laughed delightedly, finding her best friend much too adorable. "Okay, okay, I give up. Daniel Henney is Suzy's perfect prince. Now let's order, please? I'm so hungry."

 

Suzy flashed a cute smile. "Fine."