ecstatic feeling vs. curious feeling

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

In a state of euphoria, Suzy walked back to her suite, feeling as though she was floating in clouds. It couldn't have ended more beautifully. Daniel had accepted her feelings and subsequently gave her a kiss on the cheek. He admitted that he felt the same way but was unsure of her feelings. As much as she had wanted this fairy tale dream to come true, she hadn't expected in a million years that it really would happen to her, but now it did. It was a glorious, glorious feeling.

 

When she arrived at her hotel suite, Seungri's face popped back to her mind. In mere seconds, the exhilaration dissipated out of her. He'd looked so distraught at the beach, she remembered. He'd never looked that way before. And remembering it now, her heart ached a little. Suzy sighed and rested her forehead against her hand. Why was she so caught up in it anyway? Remember, this is the Seungri who bothers and insults you endlessly on a day-to-day basis. But that was it exactly. He had become an entirely different person out there and it was just plain unusual.

 

Tentatively, she pivoted and faced the door across from hers. After several moments of hesitation, she brought her fist up and knocked. Waiting for a reply, she stared blankly at the door. What was she expecting out of this?