Now or never

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

At dinner, the company employees gathered at the resort restaurant at precisely 7pm for dinner. The company had booked a section of the restaurant purely for the employees and so the fifty-six people who had come had the liberty to eat any of the dishes set up at the side as part of the buffet. With the scents of various dishes filling up the room, the atmosphere of the group became more homely. Suzy had changed into a light pink, sleeveless sundress. As she walked into the private section of the restaurant, she immediately spotted Daniel who was standing by the railings overlooking the beach. More importantly, he was alone.

 

Suzy felt her heart skip a beat. If that wasn't a hint, what was? The time had come. Now or never, she repeated to herself. She fisted her hands, muttered a 'good luck' to herself under her breath then trudged over to him.

 

"Daniel." As she neared, she resisted the sudden urge to grasp her hands together. "Did you settle in all right?"

 

"Suzy." He took his time looking at her, pleased at how beautiful she looked in a dress. "You look lovely." He spoke warmly, purposefully setting a charming smile on his face. He was well aware that she had feelings for him. It was clear in her eyes and the way she always acted around him whenever he was present. He knew that many women found him attractive. It was just the way the world worked, he gathered, and he definitely wasn't one to complain.

 

At the compliment, Suzy felt her pale, white skin turn a rose color. She smiled self-consciously, then tucked a stray hair behind her ear timidly. "Thank you. Daniel, I wanted to ask if…" She glanced up and caught sight of her co-workers slowly coming into the restaurant one by one. Now! Say it now! Her nerves scattered, she immediately faced him again and asked hurriedly, "Do you think we could talk after dinner?"

 

Pleased, he touched her hand lightly. "Let's go for a walk on the beach after."

 

At that, her heart burst with all sorts of emotions. Hope and anxiety jumped around in there, along with romantic ideas that couldn't be stopped from storming in. Because she had been replaying his words in her head, it took her several moments to realize that Daniel had already walked off and had begun socializing with everyone. Standing by herself, Suzy let out a big deep breath. Step one was done at least. That was something to be proud of. Tonight was going to be the night she'd confess to him. She would make sure of it.

 

When they were seated and ready to start dinner, Suzy scanned the table and noticed someone was missing. Someone by the name of Seungri. With a frown, her eyes searched the whole restaurant and saw no sign of him. Her gaze landed on the staircase that led into the restaurant and still nothing. Where was he? She swivelled to look at the open sandy beach below. Not there either.

 

When her eyes met Daniel's curious gaze, she realized that she was acting like a confused idiot, looking for someone who she had been hoping would stay away from her all weekend. Suzy shook her head quickly and smiled. Stop thinking about Seungri, she said to herself. But despite the reminder, as she grabbed a piece of garlic bread from the basket, she worried where he might have gone.