Blackmail

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

Suzy walked back into the office after having lunch. Feeling full, she felt like taking a quick nap before going right back to work, but once she'd reached her desk, she saw the sleeping Seungri resting his head against his arm. The man was dead asleep. With saliva slowly dripping down the side of his mouth. Laughter begun to bubble up inside her, but she covered to keep from waking him up. She shook her head, finding the situation too comical. He looked so ridiculous.

 

Without hesitation, she grabbed her cell phone out of her bag. Ever so silently, she stepped closer, the camera on her phone, and zoomed in on his face.

 

She pressed the click button, and just when the phone made the noise, Seungri's head bobbed. He opened his eyes tentatively. Then he heard the snickering. He blinked his eyes several times against the light then looked over the cubicle divider. There was Suzy, doing a horrible job covering up her laughter. Without feeling embarrassed, he caught the drool sliding down the side of his mouth and wiped at it with his hand. "Why are you cackling?"

 

She scowled at his choice of words, but shook her head innocently. "I was laughing. Is it a crime to laugh? I just had a great lunch is all."

 

Suspicious, but still tired, Seungri sighed, then stretched his back. He was exhausted. How long would this go on, having insomnia? What if one day, he would never be able to sleep again? At that, Seungri dropped his forehead against his desk, trying to erase that depressing thought. That was physiologically impossible, right?

 

"You can't fall asleep at work, Seungri. Just a reminder in case you've forgotten," Suzy commented again. "Otherwise…you might get fired for it."

 

He just replied with a grunt, then straightened up. "No way in hell that'll happen." At that, Seungri slapped his cheeks several times. There were a good 3 hours left of work to do. Get through it, he reminded himself, and get on home and take a proper nap. "Besides, why would I give you, of all people, the pleasure to see me walk out of here permanently?"

 

Why was it that she could never win a witty argument against him? She pursed her lips, attempting to stay calm. He always had to have a rebuttal on everything. Not to worry, Suzy. There's that great picture in your phone. Then she broke out smiling slyly, feeling like she had the upper hand. "Oh I don't know. If I were you, I'd be careful with your words. I mean…what would you do if a certain embarrassing picture of you got out to the whole company? What if there was proof that you were sleeping on the job?" She chuckled when Seungri got up on his feet.

 

He spun her chair around so she faced him. "What are you talking about?"

 

She shrugged. "If I had some proof that you were sleeping during working hours…drooling horribly at it, mind you…you'd probably get into a lot of trouble, wouldn't you?"

 

Despite his lack of an outward reaction, he couldn't believe he let his guard down for a second. With indifference he could muster up at once, he said, "Show it to me." He motioned to grab her cell phone that was on the desk.

 

Quickly reacting to it, Suzy took it out of the path of his reaching hand. "I don't think so. You're in my personal space by the way. Move." She replied coolly.

 

"Don't be so childish, Suzy." He hoped she'd get so annoyed with him that she'd momentarily forget about her phone. She was so scatterbrained it could work, he thought.

 

"That's not going to work this time, buddy! You better be nice to me if you don't want anyone to find out how you look when you're peacefully asleep like an ugly baby." Suzy grinned, shoving her cell phone into the back pocket of her pants and completely out of his reach.

 

He glowered at her, not having enough energy to chase after it. "All right fine." Child games weren't his forte. that was a lie. He was just too tired to get up and grab it from her. "You win this time. I'm going back to work." He went back to his own cubicle.

 

Suzy smiled to herself in victory, then continued working. Serves you right for messing with me. She wasn't a pushover nor was she the type of woman who wouldn't fight back. Enough pushing and she had to defend herself, even if her methods were a little…adolescent. Doesn't matter, Suzy thought. As long as she had the upper hand, she repeated with satisfaction.