Its’ not kidnapping!

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

At the end of the day, Suzy got out of her chair, stretched her back and arms for a moment, then hung her bag over her shoulder. Just as she turned to head to the restroom, her glance dropped to Seungri's desk, which was shockingly clean. Usually papers and binders were piled up and scattered all over it. Seungri was turning off his computer just as her jaw slightly dropped.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

Absently he looked up. "Huh?"

 

"You…you don't normally go home at this time. Did you actually finish all your work on time for a change?" She sent a sarcastic smile.

 

He stood up, sent her a dry look. "Well I owe you don't I? You're ready to go?"

 

Confused, she could only nod at the last question. With uncertainty, she replied, "I worked…all eight hours already…so yes, I'm ready to go home." When he remained expressionless, she scowled. "Wait, what are you talking about?"

 

He then broke into a careless grin. "You forgot? Never mind then." He laughed as he walked away towards the elevators.

 

Flustered, she hurried to catch up. "Wait, wait. Owe as in from before, when I didn't cry all day?" When he didn't reply, she ran and stopped in front of him, waving her hands. "I remember, I remember!" She insisted.

 

Thoroughly amused, he continued to smile. "Let's go then."

 

"You're trying to act mysterious right now, but it's only coming off as annoying. Where are we going?"

 

"The mall. There must be something you want from there." They entered the elevator. "Besides, I wanted to get Clara some flowers. I might as well stick to my word and get you something. You won it fairly after all."

 

Oh, why did Seungri have to tell her that? It was a statement she could do well without; going off to buy a woman flowers. As romantic as it had been when Daniel sent her flowers, remembering all the sweet things he done for now left nothing but a bitter taste in . He hadn't been sincere about any of it, and flowers meant nothing if the man gave them without sincerity.

 

As soon as they reached the lobby, Suzy crossed her arms while walking, uncomfortable. "I need go to bathroom."

 

Seungri stared blandly, wondering why the hell he needed to know that. "And what does that have to do with me?"

 

"You're practically kidnapping me right now and I didn't get to go to the restroom like I originally meant to," she retorted, frowning as they walked in the parking lot outside the building.

 

He walked towards his car sitting at the very end of the parking lot. "It's not kidnap if you willingly come," he countered. "Besides, it's your fault. You should've told me you needed to go. How would I have known that?"

 

Suzy let out a groan, wondering where his car was.

 

At the mall, Suzy breathed in the familiar scent of the shopping scene and enjoyed the cool breeze of the air conditioning. She loved shopping as much as a person with ten credit cards did, but finding enough strength after punching in forty-hours a week to go to the mall was becoming more difficult to do. Nevertheless, it still felt refreshing to come here after work, especially after sitting for almost eight hours straight in a small-spaced office.

 

Seungri nudged her from behind. "Stop gawking. People will figure out you're a lunatic."

 

"I wasn't gawking. And I'm not a lunatic!" She muttered, following him as he turned to his left. "Where's the washroom? I really need to go, Seungri."

 

"Complaining is actually your favourite thing to do, right? You're so good at it." When she continued glaring, he shrugged. "I'm only telling the truth. Washroom's right there. I'll be at the flower shop, over there." He pointed the locations so quickly that she could only hope to have caught the directions.

 

When Suzy stared at her reflection in the mirror, she couldn't help the way her mind drifted back again. What was it about her that just seemed to repel men? Was Seungri right? That she really was just loud and whiny. Feeling her mood dampen, she patted her cheeks. Get yourself together, Suzy, she reminded herself. She had spent a good two weeks drowning in her unhappiness and that was enough.

 

Seungri was standing at the front of the flower shop, holding a spray of yellow daisies. They were so pretty, she thought, feeling her heart strings tug at the sight of him. She probably would have melted if he was a stranger. He just looked like a man who knew a thing or two about romance.

 

As she neared, he glowered. "You took so long. You must've been doing number 2 in there, weren't you?" Subtly he looked her over. No matter how much he denied it, he had to face the fact that he found her pretty as hell.

 

"I did not!" Her gaze landed again on the daisies. She couldn't help it. Her romantic heart was fluttering at the prospect.

 

He saw the longing gaze then pulled away the flowers as far as he could. "These aren't for you."

 

"Of course I know that!" She snapped. "But why daisies? For me, they kind of give off the vibe, like…friendly and happy? Not so much romance."

 

"Yeah, that's what I'm going for." He glanced down at them and shrugged. "Women fall all over this kind of thing. You do, that's for sure. Clara will like them, hopefully."

 

"She will," Suzy assured. "But just so you know, if you wanted to go for romance…" She trailed off, imagining her favourite flowers. "I love pink and white lilies. Those would be perfect for me," she sighed dreamily as they stepped onto an escalator.

 

"Anyway," Seungri interrupted loudly, pulling her out of her daydream. "What do you want? I'm willing to buy anything, so long as it's reasonably priced." He sent her a direct look. "I mean it."

 

She nodded absently, waving him off. She already had some idea of what to ask for, but it wasn't exactly for her. Suzy scanned the mall, her eyes darting from store to store, occasionally to separate boutiques at the center of the hallways.

 

"Since this is the very first item you'll be buying me," she began, beaming at Seungri.

 

"First and last," he corrected. "So, decide yet?"

 

"I want something from there." She pointed to a jewellery store a few metres away from them.

 

Submitting to her demand, Seungri followed and studied the wide collection of watches, rings, and bracelets they had on display. The prices looked pretty hefty, he thought with a grimace. Suzy really did know how to rub it in. Jewellery wasn't exactly what he'd had in mind, having expected her to go for a bag or a pair of shoes or something trivial. But if she wanted jewellery, he mused, he'd give them to her anyway. One thing Seungri stood by the most was protecting and fulfilling his promises. This was a big reason why he hardly ever gave out promises to anyone.

 

With her peripheral vision, Suzy followed Seungri's movement around the store. He glimpsed at each collection of jewellery very briefly. She bit back a wince as he finished touring the rather large store in a matter of seconds. So he wasn't materialistic. But the part of Suzy that was an avid shopper hurt a little at the fact that he didn't even acknowledge the beauty of each product or the effort put into making it.

 

Realizing she was probably not going to get anything out of him, Suzy decided to take matters into her hands. "Hey, what kind of watch do you like?" She asked suddenly, standing so close to him their bodies touched.

 

Jolted, he glanced over at her, then looked down at the current set of watches he was looking at. "You're in my personal space."

 

"Answer the question," she insisted, moving just a fraction away.

 

Suzy was extremely stubborn and he knew that well. Giving up, he pointed to a silver and black watch inside the glass case. It was simple, but classy. "That's kind of my style," he said inattentively. "So you find something?"

 

"Mm…" She looked up to signal the salesclerk. "Can I see that watch?"

 

Seungri turned at that, stared in surprise. "What are you doing?"

 

Ignoring him, she clasped her hands together and watched as the salesclerk took the watch from the inside of the panel. Finally, when the watch was set in front of them, Suzy met his confused gaze.

 

"Wear it," she instructed, taking the watch from the woman.

 

"What?" Seungri stepped back. "Why?"

 

"Just because." Suzy grabbed his arm forcefully and placed the watch on his wrist. She moved his arm around in different angles. "It looks good on you," she commented. And the next thing he knew, she was holding out the watch to the salesclerk. "I'll get this."

 

"Okay, what? Wait a second." He forcefully pulled her hands away from the clerk. "What the hell are you doing? Oh don't tell me, is this for some guy? . Are you getting this for Daniel?" No way would he spend his money on that bastard.

 

Suzy merely sighed, as though dealing with a child. "That money you're going to spend for me is basically mine, right?" Seungri continued to stare at her evenly. "Well, I want this. Don't question it. Just buy it. I promise, it's not for Daniel," she assured, passing the watch to the salesperson. "Buy it." She repeated to Seungri.

 

He didn't know what was going through her head. Usually he could figure it out, but this time around, he had no clue what she exactly planned to do with a man's watch. Staring at her as if she was crazy, he said, "Fine, but if for some reason you realize that this is not a woman's watch, especially because it fits me, that's not my fault." He paused, then reiterated carefully, "This is what you want me to buy for you."

 

"I'm not an idiot, Seungri. Yes, that is what I want you to buy for me." She repeated his words, putting as much emphasis on each word as possible.

 

He gave up and grabbed his wallet. "If you say so."