Bon appetite!

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

When she stepped foot into his home, curiosity got the best of her. Suzy started at the living room, walking around the small two-bedroom suite of a high-rise condominium. There was a long, black leather couch in the shape of a square bracket that leaned against the white wall. Across from it was a flat-screen TV hanging on the wall. It was typically male, but surprisingly cleaner than she would have expected. Instead of paintings on the walls, there were photographs, some black and white, others vibrant in color. Suzy smiled. So he appreciated art too. The photographs didn't have any particular similarity between them that she could tell right away.

 

Off to the side was a built-in fireplace. Above it were two framed pictures. One was a picture of a kind-looking grandpa. She figured this must have been the old man who took care of Seungri. Her focus shifted to the picture frame sitting next to it. Her heart skipped. In it was a young, beautiful girl, with long brown hair and hazel eyes. She wore glasses. Her smile was a little reserved. Suzy's gaze travelled to the younger version of Seungri standing beside her. His hair was a little bit longer and wavier, and he had a boyish smile on his face, with his arm loosely hanging over the girl's shoulder.

 

"You can put these on." Seungri walked into the living room with a pair of slippers. He stopped, realizing where she was standing.

 

Suzy turned. Much to his surprise, she broke into a smile and accepted the slippers. "Thanks."

 

"Ah…" He glanced at the picture frame she had been looking at. "That's…"

 

"Hara, right?" Despite the twinge in her heart, she tried to keep her spirits up. Even if she hadn't experienced having a first love, she knew it was a special thing to have and respected it. It was just strange that he had her picture up here. So he hadn't forgotten her after all this time. "She's beautiful."

 

Instead of answering her, he took her arm. "Help me with dinner."

 

Suzy's gaze landed on the marble grey floor and white countertops. The kitchen was very clean and organized. It was indicative of how Seungri lived; he was a neat kind of guy. He liked to keep things orderly and where they needed to be. She glanced over at his sink and stove and saw no trace of dirt or stains whatsoever. Thinking back to her own apartment made her want to shudder. She needed to clean that place up sometime soon.

 

"You're shockingly tidy," she remarked with a light laugh. "I didn't really expect anything too far-fetched, but…wow. It's so clean. How can that be possible in a man's house?"

 

He chuckled, grabbing several bags of vegetables from the fridge. "The families I lived with, they were real strict on house chores and cleanliness. I once had to sleep outside in the garage for not sweeping the floors."

 

"What? That's awful!"

 

"Yeah, well. I'm sure they just didn't want me around for family night." He shrugged, nonchalant about the whole situation. "After that and a few more, I learned my lesson. It kind of carried over through time." He took out a bag of shrimp and squid from the freezer. "You like seafood right?"

 

Suzy nodded, leaning her back against the counter and waiting for him to get all the ingredients sorted out.

 

When Seungri finally served dinner an hour after, Suzy sat eagerly in her chair and waited for him to come back to his seat. The food that Seungri had prepared smelled so delicious, it was hard not to be affected. "You really cooked me dinner," Suzy murmured with genuine pleasure in her voice. When she raised her eyes to meet his, he smiled cockily.

 

"I'm a damn good cook, so eat slowly and savour, because this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience."

 

She quickly clapped her hands together. "Can we say it together?"

 

Surprised, Seungri looked up. With a nod he followed suit, and together they said, "Bon appetite."

 

"Thanks for the food, Seungri. I will really enjoy it!" She said with determination just before grabbing her chopsticks.

 

He laughed as her eyebrows furrowed and she attacked each prepared dish on the table. It was the first time he'd eaten dinner with someone else in this house. A warm, unknown feeling settled at the base of his heart. It surprisingly felt really good to be able to share it with her.