Epilogue

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Three years later.

 

 

 

 

(Suzy’s POV)

I feel different.

I feel heavy.

I sit on the couch, feeling a little tired as I put my hand on my belly. I was officially eight months pregnant and I feel very big. It was starting to get hard just to get out from the bed or even stand-up. I don’t feel comfortable to wear any clothes except my mix match pajama but I obviously can’t wear my favourite cloths in the world to dinner so I just wear black jeans, put the stretchable band that expanded around my belly and hung it like second skin. I wear a red sweater and put my gray scarf around my neck. Then I just tie my hair up.

I take my husband’s hand to help me to get out of the car because I actually need it.

“Are you okay?” Seungri ask me as he pull me to stay on my feet. He is wearing a dark blue sweater and looking y and hot while I’m over here looking like a whale.

“Yeah. I just feel big and heavy.” I say as he shut the passenger door.

He reaches out his hand and put a strand of hair behind my ear. “Well, I think you look beautiful.” He smile then he lean to kiss me.

It’s a cold night and I don’t feel anything when his lips touch my lips as I’m freezing. Then he pulls apart.

“Let’s go.” He reached for my hand. Although his hand feel cold but I feel better as he hold my hand and we walk to the restaurant.

 

Seungri hold my hand as we walk. Today is sunday and I love to spent my morning walk in the park. It’s still cold, but the sun doesn’t make it bad.

I previously do my walk every weekend but when my pregnancy reach the third trimester, I’ve make it my daily routine and hoping that it will helps me when I go into labour. And one more reason why I love doing this everyday because I like to hold my beloved husband’s hand while we walk. I turn and look at him as we seat on the bench.

“What?” Seungri turns and look at me, smiling.

I smile. ‘Nothing… I love you.”

He smile back flashing his white teeth at me. “I love you too.’

I rest my head on his shoulder while put my hands on my belly as we rest for while. Our baby has been kicking a lot for the past couple of weeks and made me restless. It’s like our baby sense that it’s almost time to come out and meet us.

We go walking for one more time before going back to our condo. Once we reach inside, he leads me to the couch, then he take breakfast from the refrigerator and put it into the microwave and heat it. Seungri serve the table, then he walk into our bedroom to get something in the closet. He smile as he grab the gift.

“I got a gift for you.” Seungri said as he sits beside to me’

“What is it?” I smile as I reach the paper bag.

"Why don’t you open it?” He chuckles.

I unwrapped the box and big smile appear on my face as soon as I take out a dark blue sweater. I remember him complimenting how the colour suits me well.

“I love it.” I say as I kiss his soft pink lips. “Thank you.”

Then he give me a small purple velvet box.

I grab the box and open it. My eyes open wider when I see what’s inside. “It’s…’ I say as I hold it with my fingers. ‘’…a key?”

Seungri smile. “Yes.”

I look at him in confusion. “You can’t possibly buy me a new car car right?’

“No…” He said mischievously.

“Then, what is it?” I ask him.

“A key to our new house.” He says as he look into my eyes.

“Our new house?!” I say in shock.

He nods his head. “B-but, how…when…”

He laughs as he raise his hands and puts a strand of hair behind my ear. “I’m planning to surprise you.’

I close my mouth when I realize it was open because of the shock. This is too good to be true. He don’t have to buy a new house, our condo is fine for our little family.

“Do you want to see it?” Seungri ask while smiling at me.

I nod my head excitedly. “Yes.”

He stands up and helps me to rise on my feet. “We will go after we eat breakfast.” Then we walk to the dining table.

All the house look beautiful and I look at each one of them thru the window, try to guessing which one if our house. The car finally stops and I impatiently get our from the car.

“This is our house.” Seungri said while staring at the house in front of me.

It was a two storey semi-D with a big lawn.

Seungri takes my hand when he realize that I was frozen on my feet. His hand reach my back and he pull me slowly and I begin to walk. We arrived on the front door and I give the key to him, because my hand is probably shaking right now. He put the key on the hole and unlock the door. Then he open the door and step at the side while gesture me to step in.

When I enter the house, I was so surprise with the furniture and the decorations. I don’t know my husband has a good taste. This is so prefect.

I put my arms around his waist and hide my face in his chest. “Thank you.” I say but then I realize that I was crying.

‘You should be happy, not crying, Honey.”He say as he hug me.

I try to press myself close to him, but my big belly makes it hard to do it. I don’t know why I feel so emotional. Well blame it all to the hormones.

“This is nothing compare to what you have give me.” Seungri said as his hand my hair softly.

His words make me cry harder. After a moment, I force myself of stop crying and look at his face. He touches my cheek and wipe the tears from my face.

“I never thought that I can be this happy.” I sniff as I smile at him.

“Me too.” He reply so lovingly. His hand drop to my belly and he kneel in front of me as I feel him press his palm against it. He lean in and begin to kiss my belly, making me laugh.

“Your appa can’t wait to hold you…” he whispers and immediately gets a reply when our baby kick. Seungri laugh as he kiss my belly again. Then he stand up with a big smile plastered on his face as he put his hand around my waist.

“I love you.”

A big smile appear on my face as I trace my fingers on his face. “I love you too.” I whisper and then reach up to kiss his tempting lips.

I feel so happy and blessed at the same time and my face hurt so much from smiling. And I know the best part is yet to come. In approximately three and a half weeks we will meet our daughter and I can’t wait.

 

Seungri and I spend our time moving and settling in our new home. He decided that we will go shopping together to buy things for our baby. And my favourite is to decorate our baby room.

“Suzy.”

I look up and meet Seungri’s worried gaze. We’re outside the store and were loading everything we buy into the car. It is early December, and less than two weeks before my due date. Yeah. My due date is on 12th December, it’s on my husband birthday.

We had a check-up yesterday, and the doctor informs that our baby is fine. She told me that I will get false contractions before the real contraction begins. I begin to feel anxious and scared. Because I have been getting the false contractions and they hurt. I can’t imagine how much pain I had to endure when the real contraction started.

“Are you okay?” Seungri said worriedly when he sees I was silent.

I nod my head slowly. “I’m sorry….perhaps I’m just getting a little nervous.” I laugh nervously.

Seungri put his hand around my waist and walk me to sit on the passenger seat. I lean my head back and close my eyes, trying to catch my breath. And I feel it’s getting harder to breathe.

“Everything will be okay. Take a deep breath.” He said softly.

“I’m sorry.” I say as I open my eyes. “This whole things makes me freak out.”

“You don’t have to feel sorry, honey.” He said as he my hair. “Everything will be okay. Now, I want you to take a deep breath.”

I nod and he lean in to kiss my forehead before going back to finish putting out things inside the car. I take a deep breath as what my husband told me.

“Feeling better?” Seungri ask as he sit on the driver seat.

I nod my head weakly.

He reach and held my hand. “Don’t worry, okay. I will always be here for you.” Then he lean in and kiss me on my lips. I smile after he pulls away.

Then he drive us home and we spend the rest of the evening fixing everything up. After everything is done, I let out a sigh as I feel tired. I sit on the couch while watching my husband answer his phone.

Seungri has take leave to take care of me. I told him it’s not necessary and it’s okay for him to go to work but he refused to do it. Of course I feel glad about it because I want him with me. He talks to his boss and take a seat beside me. He put his arms around me and I automatically rest my head on his broad shoulder and close my eyes. He smells so good. I open my eyes when I feel our baby kick. My hand automatically go to my belly and I smile. I will definitely going to miss this moment, but at the same time I already want our daugther out of me already.

I don’t realize that I had fall to sleep until the pain wake me up. I abruptly straighten on the couch and almost make me fall.

“Honey?!” Seungri already kneel in front of me with worried gaze on his face. “Are you okay?

I don’t answer him as I try to take a deep breath.

“Contraction.” I whisper as I close my eyes.

“Should we go to the hospital?” He ask.

I shake my head. “I’m okay, don’t worry.” I open my eyes as I begin to feel the contractions subside. “Doctor said this is normal because it fade. The real contractions won’t fade but only getting stronger.”

Seungri sigh in relief. “Okay. Do you want to go to bed?”

“No.” I said while scan the living room and realize there was no clock. “What time is it?”

“6.30.” He said while looking at his watch.

“I want to go for a walk.” I say.

“Are you sure?”

I nod my head. “Yes.” And I held my hand and he help me to stand up.

I walk to the stairs to go to our bedroom to change my cloths and I can feel his eyes poking a hole on my back. He was watching me like a hawk in case I trip or something. My belly was getting huge and I can’t even see my feet. To be the truth, I am feeling tired, but I need to walk.

Seungri already waiting for me at the end of the stairs. He already wearing his long coat and he was holding my coat on his hand. I turn around and slip my arms through then face him. Then he put a scarf around my neck.

“You look cute.” He say while laughing and make me giggle.

He hold my hand and we head out from the house to walk around our neighbourhood. All our neighbour is so warm and lovely and sometimes we will meet them doing their own house core. But today since it’s getting dark so no one is outside.

“Is everything ok at work?’ I suddenly ask Seungri.

He nods. “Hmm. My boss just want some input from me about the presentation our team want to do.”

“Seungri, I already told you…it’s okay if you have to go. I can take care of myself.”

He turn and look at me. “And I told you that I’m not leaving you alone. Especially now.” He smiles.

“I can’t believe our daughter is almost born.”

“I know.” I say as I rub my hand on my belly.

“I can’t wait to see who she will look like.”

I smile at him. “I hope she look like you.”

“It must be weird if our daughter look like me.” He chuckles. “I really hope she will looks like you. Especially your eyes. ”

I laugh while squeeze his hand.

“When is eomma coming?” He ask me.

“On Friday.” I smile at the thought. Having my eomma coming here is really going to help me a lot.

“I’m scared….’ He suddenly said. “…when the time comes, I don’t know what to do.” By the time we had stop walking and Seungri turn and look at me. His eyes lock with me.

I smile at him. “Just stay by my side is enough for me.”

He let out a small smile. “I will.” He press his lips against my lips and kiss me slowly. Then we continue to walk in silence and by the time we get back to our house, I was so exhausted and go straight to the bed and sleep like a log.

Eomma has come and I feel relieved. But it only make everything so real. Eomma has takes care of me and give me comfort. It’s hard to hide the fact that I am scared as hell with eomma being with me all the time. I still walk everyday despite my belly has drop so much and makes me hard to walk.

It’s two days before my due date when strong contractions wake me up. I lay on my bed as I try not to cry and make Seungri panic but it hurt so much. I feel like my back is going to split into two and the pain radiates to my lower belly. I grip the bed sheet tightly while grit my teeth as I wake up to sit on the bed. I have been getting contraction every night and I know this is not a fake one.

I reach for my phone and check the time and begin to count the minutes between the contractions.

“Honey.” My voice is shuttering. My hand find him in the dark.

“Seungriii.” I call him again and this time I shake his body.

I feel him shuffle next to me. “Honey?” His voice was horse as he watch me in confusion, then I watch his eyes turn wide and he jumps out from bed.

“Suzy!” He say and turn on the light.

“We…” I take a really deep breath. “…need.to.go.now.” I tell him.

He immediately go to closet and wear his cloth and pants in speed, then he walk back to me.

“Wait.” I close my eyes when he try to help me. I feel scared to stand up. “Can you wake eomma?’ I tell him.

He lean in and kiss my forehead then he walk out from our bedroom.

“Don’t panic, Suzy.” I sigh then I take a deep breath one more time. I can do this, I say to myself.

Slowly, I put my legs on the floor and stand up. Suddenly, I feel the need to go to the bathroom. I’m still having the contractions but it’s not a strong one. I end up peeing before I can make it to the toilet so I decided to take a shower. The hot water feel so good and it give me comfort so I let it run on my body. Right this moment, I feel my water broke and it make me so shock.

“Honey, are you okay?” Seungri ask me behind the door.

“Y-yes.” I answer try to sound okay. I am okay. You just need to breathe. I told myself.

I immediately turn off the shower and wear my robe. Then I grab my hair band and tie my hair up.

“Are you okay?” Seungri ask me as soon as he sees me.

Oh My God. “Can you stop asking me that question?” I say to him and go straight to the drawer to get my sport bra and underwear.

“Let me help you.” Seungri say as he taking my underwear from my hands. Then he kneel to his knees and I put my hand on his shoulder as I put my legs to wear the underwear. He pull it up and then his hand stop at my belly.

“Sweetheart, please be good to mommy, okay.” His act make me smile. He kiss my belly then stand up.

I wear my bra and then put my pajama. Seungri helps me to wear socks and I slip my swollen feet into my comfortable shoes.

“You want me to carry you?” Seungri ask as we walk out from the bedroom.

I shake my head. “No, it’s okay.” I tell him. I can tell that he is nervous right now and I feel bad not being able to comfort him, but I am too busy trying to comfort myself not to cry. I take my time to get down the stairs and Seungri is standing by my side, patiently as I walking down each step at a time while my hand grips the lower part of my belly.

It seems forever but I manage to step on the living room and the moment I see my eomma, I begin to cry.

“Ohh Suzy, honey.” Eomma say as she hug me. “You’re going to be okay. You’re so brave….very brave.”

I cry uncontrollably.

I was scared.

This is really happening

I know it. I feel it.

Our daughter is coming.

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Seungri’s POV.)

I never feel this useless in my life.

I don’t know what to do to make my wife stop crying. She was in the hospital bed, wearing the hospital gown the nurse made her change once we arrived at the hospital.

“When is the doctor coming?” I ask the nurse impatiently when she comes inside the room.

“Don’t worry. Doctor Hye Sun will be here any minute.” She reply then she continue to check on Suzy.

I run my hand on my hair desperately. What's taking her so long? I didn’t pay her for this! Where the hell is she!

I watch the nurse checks everything and after she leave the room, I rush to my wife and my hand gently on her hair.

“Honey.”

She was covering her face with her hand as she cries. It’s killing me to see her like this and not being able to do anything. I feel damn guilty …somehow..

“Suzy, please.” I say again to her.

“What?” She cry while taking her hands off from her face. Her eyes and nose were read. There are tears all over her face and I reached out my hand to wipe them off.

I want to ask her if she is okay but I know it won’t help… I really don’t know what to say to her.

“I’m sorry.” I finally say and realize how stupid that was.

“You should be.” Suzy say between her cries but she reaches my hand and squeezes it hard.

“It’s really hurts.” She cry again.

I look at my mother-in-law who shake her head. “We can only be with her.” She said sympathetically.

Then there’s a knock on the door and the doctor walk in with her nurse.

Thank god, I sigh.

Dr. HyeSun smiles. “I’m sorry I’m late.” She tells us then she walks to Suzy. “Alright, I see your chart…”she murmurs then look at Suzy again. “well, you are just 3cm dilated..”

“What?” Suzy ask in disbelief. She look desperate.

Dr. Hye Sun smiles. “I know it’s hard but you need to stay calm as possible, okay.” She look at me. “I suggest you to take her walk. I will come back in one hour, okay.”

I nod. Well at least that give me something to do.

“Honey, you want to go for a walk?” I ask her once the doctor leave.

Suzy don’t say anything for a moment. She put her hand on her big belly and winces in pain. After a while, she nod her head. “Okay.”

I held my arm on her waist and help her to her feet. We get out from the room and walk on the long corridor. I see another pregnant woman is walking too.

Suzy put her arm around my waist as we walk, she keep taking a long breath.

The next twelve hours is the long hours of my life. We spent our time walking and then go back to our room again, then walk again. Dr. Hey Sun has checks Suzy every hour but there’s nothing they can do until she is 10cm dilated, well that at least what the doctor explain to me. They have given epidural to Suzy but that doesn’t help her.

I never see my wife look so desperate.

“Just get this baby out of me!” She yells at me while grip the bed sheets tightly. I’m scared she’s going to hurt herself.

I run my hand thru my hair for the thousand time that day. Suzy is grunting in pain and was restless in her bed.

Dr. Hye Sun come back inside the room. “Okay, let me check you.” She said as she put the gloves.

“I can feel the baby’s head.” Doctor Hye Sun said, then she look at Suzy. “Okay, Suzy, you can push now.” Then two of her nurse come inside the room to assist her.

Suzy nod her head desperately and she searched for my hand. I rush beside her and hold her hand. She close her eyes and begin to take a very deep breath. I watch as she wince in pain and then she scream as she begin to push.

“Keep pushing Suzy, I can see the baby’s head.” I don’t think Suzy heard what the doctor said but she continue to push.

“Oh my god!” Suzy yells.

“You almost there, honey.” I whisper to her.

Suzy look at me and begins to cry as she nod her head. I can see that she is scared.

‘Okay. Uuummphh!!" She push again. She squeeze my hand so hard until I feel numb.

I have lose to track the time when our daughter finally comes out. I watch as the doctor hold our baby in her hand and clean her. Then she begins to cry.

“Oh my god.” Suzy said as she drop her body on the bed. Tears begin to stream on her eyes.

“Would you like to cut the cord, Mr. Lee?” Dr. Hye Sun ask me.

I gulp as the knot was forming in my throats but I nod my head anyway. I let go of Suzy’s hand and begin to walk to the doctor. My eyes kindda blur, I don’t know whether I was crying or not. She held me a scissors and guide my hand before cutting the cord. The nurse continue to cleans my daughter than she wrap her and walk to me. She smile as she put the buddle in the arms.

It feel like I was having an electric shock. I was so stunned. I can’t move a muscle.

She look so small in my arms. I raise my hand and touch her soft cheeks until she stop crying.

She is the most beautiful thing I have seen in my life. Her small mouth…small nose..small eyes that shut close now.

“Let me see her.” Suzy said from the bed.

I walk slowly, afraid that I would drop her. As soon as I was bêside my wife, I place our daughter in her arms. And when our daughter start to cry again I realize that I was crying too. I quickly wipe my tears.

“She’s so beautiful.” Suzy whispers as she looks lovingly at our daughter.

Then she look at me. “She so beautiful, Seungri.” She cries.

I smile and then lean my body to give her a kiss on the forehead. “Yes, she is.”

“The nurse need to take her now for check up.” Dr. Hye Sun says.

I look as the nurse take our daughter from Suzy’s hand. Then I turn and look at her. She was drench in sweats, her hair was in mess, her face is flush and her eyes was swollen from crying, but she look beautiful to me.

“Thank you.’ I whisper to her as I kiss her on the lips.

She laugh as she kiss me back.

“I love you.” I whisper before puling back.

I stand beside her when the nurse come and clean her. Suzy look so much more relax, it’s like a burden has been lift off from her shoulders. I grab a towel and wet it then go to her side to clean her forehead and neck.

“I must look terrible.” She tells me.

“No, you look beautiful, honey.” I smile at her.

“Can you give me water?” She ask.

“Of course.” I said then go to the nightstand and pour the water in the glass. Then I walk beside her and bring it to her lips. She drink the water then she talk with her eomma while we wait the nurse to bring our daughter back to us. I feel anxious as she was out of my sight. I yearn to hold her again.

By the time the nurse bring our daughter, Suzy’s is sleeping soundly.

“You need to wake your wife, Mr. Lee.” The nurse tell me. “So she can feed your daughter.”

I nod my head as I hold my daughter in my arms but I don’t say anything. She is sleeping. When move I smile like an idiot. Oh my god. She is so darn cute.

“Suzy, honey.” Eomma whispers and shakes her body lightly. Suzy open her eyes slowly. “Your daughter is here.”

Suzy’s eyes search the room and her face soften when she see me. I walk beside her and place our daughter in her arms. Eomma touch Suzy’s shoulder to the hospital gown. Then Suzy pull it down and exposing one of her . I watch as she put our daughter’s lips lightly against her . Our daughter open and begin to . I had ever been so fascinated in my life.

“She is so perfect.” Suzy’s said as she stare at her.

Yes, she is.

We watch our daughter until she had fall into sleep again. Suzy run her fingers on our daughter’s forehead lightly as if she was afraid she might break her. I smile as I watch them, the two most important people in my life. My heart want to explode with happiness, something I thought that I never ever going to experience.

I am happy.

I don’t know how long we stare at her.

“You need to sleep.” I tell Suzy.

She nod then I take our daughter from her arms. His small head was resting on my chest. I walk around the room with her in my arms.

“You’re so perfect.” I whisper quietly as I look at her.

She makes me complete.

She complete Suzy and me.

 

 

Hey guys, it's meeee!!! It's been a really long time and it's nice to see you all again :)