dog&cat;

Crazy, Stupid, Love

 

 

At her desk, Suzy turned her chair around so she could watch her boss of almost three years now, Daniel Henney, step out of the elevator. She felt her heart sigh at the sight of him. She had admired him for a long time, because he was just so...perfect. From the way he carried himself to the way he dressed, even to the way he spoke. He was amazingly beautiful.

 

She had experienced two relationships in all her life. Both were somewhat doomed to failure and nevertheless ended amiably. She hadn't experienced love either time. In truth, both relationships had been pathetic from the get-go. And here she was now, at the age of twenty-three years old, and had no clue what it was like to be in love. As much as she admired her boss, she knew this was infatuation. Her heart yearned to experience the real thing. But why the hell was it taking so long to get to her?

 

Now waving at her boss as he passed her with a friendly smile, Suzy hoped she was getting closer to feeling it. When he was out of sight, she let out a happy sound.

 

"Wipe that drool on your face now," a dry voice from the cubicle beside hers suggested.

 

Suzy's eyes narrowed. This guy really made it a mission to get under her skin at least once a day.

 

Seungri flashed a grin. "You should just ask him out if you're this desperate."

 

"Lee SeungHyun…!" She turned around completely on her chair, throwing him a furious glare. "Can you just mind your own business for one day and let me do what I want to do without giving me a hard time about it? Is that so hard to do?"

 

"Yeah, it is." He leaned back against his chair, swinging it from side to side. "You're too funny when you're pissed off, Suzy."

 

Seungri was her junior in this company, having been hired a year after she was employed. So as the senior, she was supposed to have authority. Instead, he took the reins as soon as he'd stepped foot into the company, despite her best efforts to keep him from doing so. It wasn't a surprise that she immediately disliked his personality the first time they were introduced to each other. He had been and still was full of confidence and cockiness.

 

She shoved her palm in front of his face. "Do not let me see your face the rest of today or I swear I will punch your jaw out." Suzy pushed her chair in the desk and hid her face behind the cubicle divider.

 

When her phone rang, Suzy picked it up quickly."Good morning, Daniel." Feeling her mood brighten immediately, she inched forward on her desk and held the phone closer to her ear.

 

Seungri glanced down at the papers in front of him, but left an open ear. Teasing Suzy was so much more fun than doing work. There was something invigorating about breaking that starry-eyed look in her face. She was so damned naïve and romantic about everything that it was almost comical to watch. She was definitely one of a kind. Hearing her phone conversation from his own cubicle, Seungri laughed obnoxiously.

 

Suddenly, he felt himself inch away from his desk. His chair rolled along the marble floor. He looked up and saw Suzy's foot sticking out. Amused that he'd gotten right under skin just enough, Seungri got up from his seat. "And who would have thought that you have incredibly powerful man legs?"

 

At that, she turned, her fist ready to land on his face. He dodged it gracefully, capturing her fist in his hand. Realizing people were beginning to stare, Seungri grinned as he released it then put his hands up in surrender. When she continued to shoot icy daggers with her eyes, he sat back down and pushed his chair in.

 

"Go die, Seungri." She said after she put the phone down.

 

At that, Seungri grin faded. Suzy didn't notice. Instead, in frustration, she buried herself in her work. Let's face it, she thought. The guy had no substance. He may look decent, but his personality was badly lacking. And that was just too damn bad.