31

Fallen Angel

Her POV

“Crying can help you feel better, Jihyun”, he says again.

 

“If crying did help, I wouldn’t be like this now, Mr. Jung”, I say, with trembling voice. There’s no way crying would help. I’ve been crying myself buckets of tears lately, and I’m really sure it doesn’t give any help. I look down to my mug, and have these happy scenes played in my mind.

 

‘I reaaally like chocolate the most!’, the girl said as she let a happy sigh after having a sip of her hot chocolate. The boy just smiled and put his mug of latte down on the table, as he put a playful smile and said,

 

‘Why have chocolate when you have me?’. A giggle from both of them then echoed in the café, together with warmth atmosphere lingering on them. Everyone would do anything to be at their places.

 

I feel a drop of tears manages to escape. I quietly wipe it. It’s not proper to burst into tears in public. It’s not proper too, to let myself cry in front of Mr. Jung.

 

Mr. Jung then puts his mug down to the table, and reaches out his hand to take mine. I smile as soon as his hands make contact with mine. Warm feeling runs through my body, making me feel relaxed for awhile. It makes me remember of my father. Well, I always thought Mr. Jung as my own father, and I feel grateful to have him here to comfort me. I look up and our gazes meet. He smiles reassuringly, trying to say that he’s always there to listen to me.

 

“Thank you Mr. Jung”, that’s the only thing I manage to say, before another tear rolls down to my cheeks.

 

“Look at you now. You look pale, and you lost those chubby cheeks you had before”, he says again. I giggle a little bit as I wipe my tears. Mr. Jung always said that he really liked my chubby cheeks. ‘That person’ always told me that too.

 

“You know, I think it’s the right time for you to get over it. It’s been too long you’re being like this”. The giggle I had before changes into a bitter smile. What Mr. Jung said is right, and I’ve tried hard to do it. The problem is just… I couldn’t.

 

“It’s easy to say, but it takes the world to forget him, Mr. Jung”, I say, earning a chuckle from him.

 

“Jihyun, you don’t need to forget to get over something. Past is made for everyone to learn today, in the present, so they wouldn’t regret in the future”

 

I just listen to him, not bothered to respond. I’m more busy to hold back my tears, but still manage to listen some words from him. Mr. Jung has this habit to give wise words to me, and also to ‘that person’. Aish Jihyun, can’t you stop connecting everything with him?

 

“Forgetting the past won’t make you feel better”, he says again. Okay, I just don’t understand, but there’s no point in arguing, so I just keep my mouth shut, letting Mr. Jung talks all he wants. Like the way I did with ‘that person’

 

‘You look ugly when you cry’

 

‘Yo cheer up yo’

 

‘I really like your smile. It warms my feeling’

 

Yeah, and his smile did warm my feelings too. It’s sad to know that I would never see that smile again.

 

Oh come on brain, stop playing those hurtful scenes. I don’t want to remember this. I can’t take this anymore.

 

I silently look down to my feet, and start to sob.Why is it so hard to move on? He’s only a single normal human just like me, yet he can make me go insane just by leaving me here alone without him. I hate this fact.

 

“Jihyun, I don’t want to see you like this”, Mr. Jung says in concern. I stare at him with teary eyes and bitter smile on my face.

 

“I don’t want to be like this either, Mr. Jung. But it’s just… hard”, I say.

 

“It won’t be this hard if you start to let go of it”

 

“What do you mean, Mr. Jung? You’re the one who told me not to forget the past”

 

Mr. Jung chuckles once. “I didn’t tell you to forget the past. I told you to start letting go of it”

 

“How am I supposed to let go of it when I couldn’t even forget any single bit of it?”, I say, a little bit screaming since I get this tears now rolling down from my swollen eyes to my cheeks. Mr. Jung runs his thumb to wipe my tears as he smiles warmly again.

 

“Open your heart, and let someone comes in to cure your wounds” , he says

 


So yup, there goes the advice, it takes hour to pick the right words haha

Good news is, next chapter will be Jihyun's reaction woohoow *throw confetti*

And bad news is, i won't update it again until tomorrow :p

I need to study, since i'm not officially graduated from highschool hehe i'm sorry *bow*

Thanks for reading and commenting and subscribing :D