56

Fallen Angel

Her POV

I keep glancing on Baekhyun who is sitting on the very back of the room. The wedding ceremony has started half hour ago and now i’m standing on the left side of the room so i can get the best lighting for the photo. The groom and the bride are already standing side by side on the altar. I can see both of them are smiling shyly as they keep taking on glances to each other. What a sweet couple. I wonder if ‘that person’ showed up that time, would we be like that? Would my face be red in happiness like her? Would it be this sweet? I bite my lower lip before settling the camera in front of me, taking the most crucial moment in their lives. What a happy couple, at least they don’t feel like what i feel now.

 

‘This will be our important place to remember, Jihyun’, he said as he wrapped her in his arm. Jihyun just chuckled as she looked around in excitement.

 

‘This place is just great’, she mumbled.

 

‘It will be a lot greater, when we officially get married next week’, he said cheekilyand earned a smack on his arm from his-wife-to-be. They both laughed together, before the man took her hand and made her face him. His face was serious as he stared at her lovingly and deeply. She found it awkward, so she ended up looking away from his deep gaze.

 

‘Jihyun’, he said. She slowly looked back at him in the eye, earning a slight smile on his face.

 

‘Would you be my wife?’, he asked. Jihyun chuckled once and nodded. He then smiled, before pulling her right to the front side of the altar and faced her again.

 

‘i, Lee Hyun Jae, take you, Kim Ji Hyun, to be my wife, my constant friend, my faithful partner, and my love from this day forward. I offer you, my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live’

 

Jihyun was touched at his sentence, his vow, as she let a drop of happy tears fell to the ground. He reached out to wipe it off and smiled warmly to her.

 

‘Will you do the same Jihyun?’, he asked with his deep voice. Couldn’t manage to say anything, Jihyun just nodded and let another tear fell. Hyunjae wiped it off again, leaning his face closer to her. In less than a second, their lips crashed into the others, shared into one passionate kiss, hugging each other under the dim light of the graceful churchstanding above them.

 

Damn. He just broke all of what he said in his vow just in a week. What faithful partner? What cherishing to each other? It was all lie. You’re a huge liar Lee Hyun Jae.

 

I bite my lower lips again as i capture the moment when the couple share a kiss. I envy them. I should have been like them back then. This is not fair. World is not fair. Fate is not fair. Everything is just not fair.

 

“Jihyun”, a whisper calls my name. I turn around to see Baekhyun is already standing right behind me. When did he come? He was at the very back of this room earlier.

 

“What are you doing here?”, I whisper back as i drag him to the nearest pillar and hide back there.

 

“Your expression changed. I’m worried”, Baekhyun mumbles as he eyes me with his puppy eyes. He’s been using it recently, and it never fails to touch my heart. Huhu why so cute?

 

“I’m okay, don’t worry”, I whisper to him and give my best smile. Yeah, everything is just not fair, that’s why I have Baekhyun on my side while the others don’t.

 

“Now, I’m the one who isn’t okay. I’m going to perform right after that old lady gets off from the piano seat and walks away. Huuu I’m nervous”, he whines as he tugs my arms. I pat his back to calm him and keep mumbling motivating words. Baekhyun seems to calm a bit as he takes a long deep breath and lets it off.

 

The old lady, who plays the piano for the choir, is now preparing to stand up from her seat and leave the piano unoccupied. She then eyes Baekhyun first, signaling him to walk to the piano and replace her to play it. Baekhyun nods and about to walk away but stops to turn his body to me.

 

“Encourage me”, he demands. What a cute demand.

 

“Fighting! You can do it!”, i say as i punch my fist to the air. Baekhyun grins at first, before running to me and the next thing I realize, I feelmy body trapped into a tight hug. Baekhyun? Hugging me? Oh great I’ll be directly sent to the hospital for heart attack case if this happen again.

 

“Thanks!”, he lets go of me and grins widely, before running to the piano and settles his position on the seat. I smile stupidly as I keep watching him from a far, not noticing that Jaebum is already standing next to me.

 

“Hyunjae won’t like that”, he says, refering to the hug. I roll my eyes to his statement. What on Earth would his-lovely-little-brother do if he saw that? He left me back then, and that means i am no longer his. Although it hurts a bit to admit that he didn’t want me anymore.

 

Jaebum then just stays in silence, just like the way i do. I throw my gaze on Baekhyun who already starts playing the piano. He leans in to the mic, taking deep breath before starting to sing.

 

Girl, I can’t explain what I feel.
Oh baby my baby, baby, baby, baby. yeah.

Making a day feel like a minute
With you, I’m the main character of a movie
As if I’m about to film an action scene to come see you, as if I’ve become a hero

You’re perfect to me, I imagined
How would it be if we were together?
If only you say okay, everything is perfect, oh baby

 

I feel my breath ditched in amazement. Yes, too amazed to breathe. Baekhyun voice really kills it. I’ve never heard that song before, but I know by the first time he opens his mouth to sing, I’m gonna love this song. I stare at him in awe, not even bothering to blink.

 

I lost my mind, the moment I saw you
Except you, everything get in slow montion
Tell me, if this is love
Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you
Fighting, crying and hugging
Tell me, if this is love

All the guys in the world are jealous of me
They must be jealous to death of me, for having you

Even after the sun goes down and moon goes down, it will never change
You will find out that I’m a guy whom you can trust

I don’t know why, this unconditional emotion
Did I ever imagine?
Next to me, you shine more brightly as I become a better guy

If you wish and wish earnestly
Will it come true, like the fairytales?
A never-ending happy ending, happily ever after
I will trust you, protect you and comfort you
I will be on your side
I will never leave your side

 

Baekhyun keeps glancing at me everytime he takes his breath between words. It feels like, he’s singing it to me, like the world is spinning around us two. Is he? Can I put my hope on him? I can, right?

 

Baekhyun finishes off his performance. I clap my hands excitedly and maybe I get myself jumping in myself like a rabbit. Baekhyun is now bowing to the guests who are cheering on him, amazed at his short performance. I am about to approach him to congratulate him, but then I feel myself being dragged by someone, away and further from Baekhyun. I can feel a tight, hurtful grip on my wrist. I look up and see it’s Jaebum.

 

Aish this guy, what does he want?


Updated again! Sorry for just updating now, just finished with the movingout and just found the internet connection hoho.

And... the name of her ex is Lee Hyun Jae haha it's a fictional character, sorry for ruining your expectation :D

And... this is the second day i live by my own.... alone.... with no one to talk to.... well, there are my seniors actually, but they are about to graduate like 3 months again and are in their hectic schedules so yeah the point is... i have no one to talk to....

But so far living by my own just feel great haha so this is how it feels to be a loner -_- and college hasn't started yet i need to attend the, well you can say, preparation classes. It's only the first day but maaaan it's sooooooo boring -_- can't wait for the real college classes to start :D

So yeah, enough rambling, thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing :D

Love you guyssss <3