62

Fallen Angel

Her POV

 

Without darkness, there would be no light…

Without hatred, there would be no love…

Without sadness, there would be no happiness…

And without you, there would be no me…

 

Tears are now rolling down again. I always thought it was a ridiculous sentence he told me earlier. Never once I took his words seriously. And now, I just realized what Hyunjae said was true.

 

I won’t know how it feels to be happy if I don’t know how it feels to be sad.

I won’t ever know what love is if I don’t experience hatred first.

And I won’t ever see light, if there’s no darkness to light up.

 

This time, I feel grateful to experience how hurtful the darkness was, as now I can appreciate every little light that comes over me. Every little light that shines off from something, or someone. I look to my side, and find Baekhyun is already standing next to me with an amazed expression too on his face.

 

“Hey, let’s take a picture of this”, I say as I take my camera and set it with the tripod. I change the setting into no flash, so the fireflies will be seen in the picture. I quickly run back to him and tangle his arms with mine after setting the timer.

 

CLICK!

 

Both of us pull off from each other after the clicking sound. I then walk back to my camera and see the result. Of course, it’s beautiful. Although it turns out to be backlight, but I can still recognize our silhouettes on the photo. The point is, it’s beautiful, especially the fireflies behind us. Remind me to print this later.

 

“Hey Jihyun, let’s sit here”, Baekhyun calls me as he motions me to sit next to him by the river. I walk to him with my camera, and bend down to sit next to him. Fireflies are still flying around right above the surface of the river. I smile to see it, and Baekhyun notices my smile.

 

“No longer afraid of darkness?”, he asked teasingly. I hit his arm lightly and show my camera to him.

 

“Look, cool isn’t it?”, I say as I show the picture. Baekhyun nods, agreeing with me. I am still looking at the picture, before looking up and find Baekhyun’s face is really close to mine. He then looks up too, meeting his eyes with mine. Quiet surrounding, dim lights, both of us then unconsciously leaning closer to each other, breaking every distance that parts us. We stop leaning as we only several centimeters apart. That’s it. This is a turning point of my life. No more crying, no more desperates. No more sadness. Just me and Baekhyun. Nothing can ruin this moment again. Nothing, and no one.

 

His POV

We are now only apart several centimeters, just like earlier. I examine her face closely first, trailing every part of her face with my eyes. She’s beautiful, as always. I reach my hand to one of her cheeks, and not bothered to be a slowpoke again. In a second, our lips meet each others. We kissed.

 

I peck her lips at first, not sure of what I am doing, like tasting a water. At a short contact, I can feel the softness and sweetness of her lips, things I’ve always wondered how they actually feels like, and it just makes me want some more.

 

I crash my lips again to hers, and my hand cups her face to deepen the kiss. It’s… a pure bliss to feel this. Her lips are so soft, sweet, and tempting. I just can’t pull away from the kiss. But the needs of the air just make me pull away from her lips. I breathe heavily as our lips part to their own way, and so does she. I trail my fingers on my lips, to feel they are warm and soft. She looks down to her knees as she bites her lower lips. Guilt rushes over me to see her disappointed figure, replacing the bliss I felt before. No, I shouldn’t have done that.

 

“Jihyun, I’m sorry”, I say. Jihyun blinks her eyes confusedly to me.

 

“Why are you apologizing?”

 

“You look-“

 

“No, you did no wrong Baekhyun”, she cuts my sentence as she puts her index finger on my lips. She then sits straight next to me, eyes wandering on the scene in front of her.

 

“I should thank you for this”, she says again, before smiling sweetly and leans on my shoulder. I flinch a bit in contact, but calm down as she nuzzles her head on my shoulder, eyes dazing off to the fireflies in front of her. I wrap my arms around her as I enjoy the scene too.

 

“Thank you Baekhyun”, she says again.

 

“For what?”, I ask softly as I lean my head on hers.

 

“For lightening up my dark life”

 

I smile inwardly as she says that. I feel touched, happy, and nervous at the same time. I tighten my arms around her as I whisper to her ear.

 

“You’re welcome Jihyun”

 

She then wraps her arm around my waist, as she leans closer to me. It is a perfect moment, perfect scenery, and perfect person to have. I just can’t ask more than this. I sigh in relief, as I can only feel comfort around me. But somehow, I feel so strangely tired and sleepy now. Truth to be told, I keep yawning as I lean my head on hers. I stretch my body before tiredly leaning on her sweet-smelled hair. Hm, that’s new. I don’t remember doing anything tiring today. Why am I feeling so tired now?

 

Narrator’s POV

“THEY KISSED!”, Kai exclaimed as he pointed to Baekhyun and Jihyun.

 

“NOO MY PURE EYES!”, Sehun whined as he closed his eyes. Suho just had to cover both of their mouths to prevent them squealing like a fangirl.

 

“Shut up. They’ll notice us”, Suho hissed and his attention went back to the couple. Worry was the only thing that seen in his eyes. He got worried even more when he noticed Baekhyun was yawning several times and stretched his arm like he was really tired.

 

“Suho, we can’t let this happen”, Luhan whispered as he also noticed the same thing as Suho. Suho sighed heavily as he moved his hand to rub his temple, freeing Sehun and Kai from his hand. Sehun and Kai breathed in as much as they could, before letting it out in relief.

 

“I thought I’m gonna die”, Sehun said and Kai nodded. Suho just glared at them, making them shut their mouth and stayed in silence.

 

“We’re angels… we won’t die”, Suho scolded them.

 

“No we won’t, unless one of us lost his angels’ features on him”, Luhan said, staring at Baekhyun from a far. Worry was now all over him.

 

‘I hope nothing would happen to him, Luhan thought.

 


Updated again! Whoaaa i love my parents' house's internet connection :D

So yeah, anticipate the next chapter :3

Thank you so much for reading, commenting, and subscribing

Good day :DDDD