65

Fallen Angel

His POV

I close the window’s balcony as my brothers finally retreat back to their places. I sigh heavily, as our conversation earlier keeps ringing in my mind.

 

“I’m doing what?!”

 

“You’re coming with us. Tell her you have to leave. Tell her the truth”

 

“You know I can’t do that Hyung”

 

“Why can’t you? You know you’re part of us, one day, sooner or later you have to go back with us”

 

“Hyung, she needs me”

 

“And you’re insisting to stay? Are you crazy?!”

 

“Hyung…”

 

“No, I don’t take any reason from you. You’re coming with us and it’s final”

 

Aish I’m going crazy. How am I supposed to tell her the truth? That I am actually an angel? That she and me are different, not able to be together? That I am not able to keep my promise? Instead of thinking how hurt she would feel, I just clutch my chest as I feel pain creeping inside my heart. It hurts. It hurts to know that I won’t be able to be together. Why is God keeps making me live hardly? I got thrown out from the Heaven and met the girl I happen to fall in love with, and now he’s going to separate us? Life is so unfair.

 

“I’m home!”, a happy sound chirps from the front door as I hear footsteps coming nearer. I am staring blankly at the sky up there through balcony’s window, trailing my hand on it, when Jihyun pops out from my back.

 

“Hey! I bought some cakes. Let’s eat it as a dessert!”, she says happily as she shows the box of cakes she brings. I smile bitterly, knowing that sooner I won’t be able to see her happy smile again. How can I keep up with my life without it? Jihyun’s smile just brings happiness to me, and now everyone’s trying to separate me from my happiness. This is so unfair.

 

“Baekhyun?”, she calls and tilts her head to meet my blank stare. I quickly gather myself and put a poker face on. I try my best to smile my happiest smile. No, if I’m going to leave her at least I give her a good memory of me. What would she do if I leave her with me frowning as the last image she remembers? It wouldn’t be good.

 

“Okay! I’ll help you with the dinner then”, I say and take some cooking appliances to help her cooking. I’m sorry Jihyun. I think this would be the last time I’ll help you with your cooking.

 

***

We finish our dinner in a flash, too hungry to slow down. Jihyun neatly stacks the plates and brings them to the sink. She then goes to the refrigerator and takes the cakes out. She places the cakes on two different plates and brings them with two forks to the dining table, where I am lifelessly sitting. Yeah, lifelessly. I’m going to be taken away from the reason I live in Earth, doesn’t it count lifelessly?

 

Jihyun passes the plates and I weakly take the plate. We start to eat the cakes. Chocolate cakes, food that makes everyone happy when eating them. But somehow the delicious taste of the chocolate can’t bring happiness to me. Only Jihyun can. How am I supposed to live happily if I leave Jihyun here? It hurts…

 

“Baekhyun?”

 

I look up to her and find her looking at me in concern. What a concerning girl, and this is one of the reason why it’s so hard to leave her. But… my brothers are right. We are different, there’s no way for us to be together. I don’t want Jihyun to be sad in the future. Maybe it would be better if it hurts a bit in present, so she can move on and live happily in the future. Naïve thoughts? Well, I have to, it sure gives me a little bit strength to tell her the truth.

 

“Baekhyun what’s wrong?”, she asks, worry is the only thing I feel when I hear her voice. I weakly stare at her. I bet she can notice sadness in my eyes, as I notice her eyes staring at me with concern, trying to search something in my eyes. Yes, it is sadness you see, Jihyun. You don’t know how much it hurts me to tell this, but I hope this would be the best decision I’ve ever made. I hope you would continue on living happily, Jihyun. I hope… you won’t forget me, forget my love to you. Aish I’m so stupid, she doesn’t even know that I love her. Well, better that she doesn’t know I think, it would just hurt me more if I knew she doesn’t feel the same way. Back to the topic, I need to encourage myself with this thing. I hope I wouldn’t regret this.

 

“Baekhyun are you sick?”

 

This is it. No more backing away. I have to face the truth. She has to face the truth. She is a human. I am an angel. Life is the one who meets us both. And life is also the one to separate us away. Life is so unfair.

 

“Jihyun… I’m leaving”

 


Updated! Is it too short? Sorryyyy huhu need a cliffhanger haha :p

So yeah, is he going to leave her for real?

Stay tuned!

And... for those who thought the story would end soon, don't worry, i still have some chapters to post :)

And for those who wished the story would end soon, sorry i need to ruin your expectation :)

So yeah thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing :D

Happy reading :DDDD