29

Fallen Angel

His POV

I close the window behind my back, after my brothers finally finished with their business. Suho-hyung’s words keep repeating in my head.

 

‘What should I do to go back there? You know I won’t be able to fly that far’

 

‘Well, thanks for me, you can find another way to go back there’, Suho-hyung said.

 

‘I happened to eavesdrop to the conversation of the elderly angels last night. Well, point is, once you make this girl—the one who helped you—happy, they will directly take you back to the Heaven. So, make her happy, and welcome back to Heaven’

 

I tap my finger on my chin, thinking hard. Make Jihyun happy? Isn’t she happy now? Then my mind, like on cue, plays the scene of the earlier night, when I found her crying in her sleep. And also when she suddenly sobbed after being hugged by me. And the dark aura I felt around her everytime I took glances on her. I happened to forget about these scenes, as I got distracted everytime she smiles at me. Is that the real her?

 

‘We had talked about this with the others earlier. Luhan-hyung said it gotta be something with that room’, Sehun said, pointing to the mysterious room with the locked door.

 

Aish, if it’s something with that room, then I can’t help it. That room is locked and I don’t where on Earth she keeps the key. I sigh, as I make my way to that door. I stop right in front of it, and look closely to its feature. My hand slowly goes to the knob, lightly gripping it.

 

Haah, dear door, I really wished you weren’t locked like this. I unconsciously twist the doorknob, still thinking that it won’t open as I do so. But to my surprise, the door is opened. Wait, isn’t it locked earlier?

 

Then, I proceed myself to come into the room. I notice these papers scattered around the room, some of them are crumpled. I walk past them, and look around the room. It must be a bedroom, since it has bed in it. Seems like it hasn’t been used for awhile. Then, there’s this big cupboard and another door next to it. Hm, secret doors? We’ll go there later. Secret doors don’t give us clue about the owner of the room, cupboard does.

 

Curiously, I open the cupboard doors, and find another picture of Jihyun. This time she took it with another boy, whose hands hanging loosely on her shoulder. I frown to see the picture. Why is he wrapping her on the shoulder?

 

I kinda feel something burning in my heart, but I just let it pass. Then my gaze falls to the stack of clothes in the cupboard.

 

Aren’t they men’s clothings? Why are they here? Did Jihyun live with other man before? Really? Who is it? Is it the man in the picture? Wait I’ve seen him somewhere, but where?

 

Urghh, too much curiosity, let’s just pass this. I hatefully close the cupboard’s door, which I don’t know why either. Then, I walk towards the secret door. I slowly open it and peek inside. It seems empty. I open it wider, and find clothes are hung neatly on the wall. Wedding dress and white suits to be exact. I stare at them in awe. They are really beautiful. Is Jihyun going to be married? By who? Don’t tell me it’s the man in the picture? Why do I feel sad? Argh forget it, let’s just pass this one too.

 

I close the door and then walk closer the bed, which seems unused for a long time. I notice something stacked right next to the bed. They are papers. I take a look around the floor, papers are scattered everywhere.

 

Unwillingly, I take each one of them and stack them back neatly next to the bed. Whew, it’s tiring. I slowly sit on the unused bed and wipe my sweatdrop that happens to roll down my temple, when I notice that the papers are music sheets. I take one of them, placed on the top of the stack.

 

Ooh, I learned how to read this before. It’s written in noteblocks. I then start to read the lyrics while humming the notes.

 

As if I was reborn as a child who doesn't know anything
I thought it was a dream so I closed my eyes and opened them again
I am standing in front of you as if I was praying
I want to walk side by side with you at least once
Just once

I ride the soft wind into your world
I go right next to you and you ask where I came from
You asked so innocently so I answered that it is a secret
Because if we just walk together like this
Wherever we go, it'll be heaven

 

Hey, it’s a good song. The melody sounds alike with those songs I heard in Heaven. Whoa, the songwriter must be a genius! Uhm, I should learn to sing this, if I took this music sheet would Jihyun notice it?

 

I hesitantly look at the paper stack. Well, there’s so many of them, Jihyun wouldn’t notice if I took one of it. Then my curiosity fell on the thing wrapped under the white sheets. I get myself up from the unused bed, making my way closer to it. I unveil the white sheets, to find a piano under it. Piano?

 

YEAAAY IT’S BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I LAST PLAYED A PIANO! Huehehe let’s just play this before Jihyun got home. Uhm, but what should I play? Oh maybe I should play this good song I found earlier.

 

I quickly sit myself on the piano’s chair and put the sheet on the stand. I open the piano’s cover and start to play this song. Whew, this song sounds better in piano. Seriously whoever writes this song, man, I give you standing ovation for this great song.

 

I keep playing this song, until it stuck on my brain. I’ve memorized all the lyrics and the notes now. Haha maybe I can sing it later when I get back to Heaven. Whoow it was fun to play the piano after awhile. Haah, I feel great. But let’s just retreat now before Jihyun come back home.

 

“You really like to rummage through someone else’s things, don’t you Baekhyun?”

 

Damn. I’m dead.

 


The driving lesson is cancelled due to the weather, so here I am, updating this fanfic -_-

Btw, Baekhyun is (again) rummaging through Jihyun's things, and he is caught red-handed haha he's not expert in this.

So yeah, here's the update, hope you like it :D

Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing :)