67

Fallen Angel

His POV

Jihyun is gone in a second I loosen my grip on her. I stare blankly at nowhere, feeling guilty all over myself. Everything Jihyun said earlier is right. I’m just like her ex, breaking his promise after giving her false hope. She’s right, I’m a jerk, a bastard, a liar. I just don’t feel like an angel again. Angel isn’t a jerk or a bastard. Angel never lies. But what did I do to her? Baekhyun, you don’t deserve to be an angel again. You hurt her, when you are supposed to be a guardian for her. You’re not an angel Baekhyun, you’re not.

 

I close my eyes in defeat as I weakly walk to the couch, plopping myself on it. I feel burdened, after seeing Jihyun’s crying and screaming earlier. I shouldn’t have yelled at her, I didn’t have the right to do that when I knew I was the one at fault. I shouldn’t have let her slipped away from my grip, and now I don’t know where she is. What if she ends up meeting a bad guy? What if she gets into an accident? What if something bad happens? What if she decides not to go back here? Everything would be my fault. I should be responsible for any bad thing happens to her.

 

Any bad thing…

 

Stupid! I should have chased her now! Aish why am I just staying here sitting on the couch when Jihyun is outside alone running aimlessly?! Aish stupid Baekhyun. I should catch up with her now. I know I won’t be able to stay by her side, but at least I don’t want the last image of me is me letting her go in anger and just stay at home doing nothing. Wait up Jihyun, I’m coming to you.

 

I abruptly stand up and run to the front door, when suddenly something stops my movement and has me stand like a stone. I can’t control my leg, like something grabs on it and restrain me from moving anywhere. I hardly turn around and find Luhan-hyung is having his arm extended towards me, like he is grabbing the air in his hand. Is he the one who did this to me? Wait when did he come? I’m sure everyone had left already earlier. Then I notice Kai is standing next to him. Oh, it must be Kai who teleported him here.

 

“Where are you going? I thought you were agreed to come with us”, Luhan-hyung says as he stares at me dangerously. Why is he staring at me like that? I just follow my instinct to stare at him back the way he does to me. I get a feeling this would be bad.

 

“I’m going to Jihyun. She’s alone. It’s dangerous to let her stroll around alone at this time”, I say as I try to move my leg into steps, but fail when Luhan-hyung’s hand does some gripping movement, as I feel the grip on my leg becomes tighter. So he is the reason behind this grip.

 

“You’re not going anywhere. Suho will be here in a minute and you have to stay here until he comes”, Luhan-hyung states and clenches his own hand tighter, that suddenly I lose my balance and fall down on my knees. I groan in pain before looking at him in anger. Why is he like that? He was always nice to me back in Heaven.

 

Luhan-hyung stares at me coldly, before letting go his clench and walks away to the balcony. I stare at him in disbelief. Why am I not allowed to chase Jihyun? Doesn’t he understand it is dangerous for a girl to walk outside, alone, at this time?  I glance at the sky and notice it is getting darker than before. It’s night already, I need to find her soon.

 

As soon as I notice Luhan-hyung loses his attention on me, I quickly stand up and run to the front door again. As I only one meter before the door, Kai pops out from nowhere and blocks my way to the door. He grabs my right wrist and left shoulder, trying to calm me down.

 

“Hyung, please just stay, Suho-hyung will be here soon. Don’t worry, she’ll be fine”, Kai says. What? She’ll be fine? He has no idea of how dangerous it will be when a girl is alone at night. Not to mention her phobia of darkness. Shoot, I need to get her soon.

 

“Let me go, she won’t be fine. She’s afraid of darkness, how can she be fine?!”, I say harshly to Kai and he just stares me in shock. I wriggle my hand off from him and push him away, gripping the front door’s knob and open it, when suddenly harsh wind blows and flies me off from the ground. I fall down to the floor with loud thump. I weakly try to stand up on my own when I feel a grip on my wrist that helps me to get up from the floor. When I look up, it is Suho-hyung, with Sehun mouthing sorry from his behind.

 

“Where are you going?”, Suho-hyung asks with his low voice. That means he’s really angry now. But who cares? I only care about Jihyun now. She’s in danger. And I need to talk and apologize to her.

 

“I’m going to get Jihyun back here. Let me go”, I say as I push him and he takes one step back because of it. He glares at me in anger.

 

“You agreed to come back with us Baekhyun, why are you still trying to get her back?!”

 

“She’s in danger Hyung, I should take her back here safely”

 

“Why should you?! You’re not her brother or her boyfriend! Just leave her alone with her childish act!”, Suho-hyung raises his tone, but not once I flinch at his tone. This is about Jihyun, and I need to save her no matter what.

 

“I’m her guardian. Step aside, I’m going”, I say and push him aside, but he doesn’t budge. He squints his eyes in mocking manner as he smirks in same way.

 

“Guardian? STOP THIS NONSENSE BAEKHYUN YOU’RE NO ONE TO HER!”, he screams as he grabs my collar.

 

“I’M HER GUARDIAN HYUNG!”, I scream back at him.

 

“NO YOU’RE NOT!”, he screams louder, that it almost pierces through my eardrums.

 

“FINE! WHATEVER, I’LL JUST STAY! IT’S NOT THAT I WANT TO LEAVE HER FOR HEARTLESS BROTHERS LIKE YOU!”

 

“Baekhyun careful for your words”, Luhan intrudes as he glares at me, heartlessly. It just gives me another reason not to leave Jihyun and go back to Heaven. They are heartless, why would I want to stay with heartless brothers like them. Kai and Sehun just look down to their feet, not brave enough to confront their older brothers, when I know they think the same way like me.Why is my own brother acting like this towards me? Is it because Jihyun? No, there's no reason for them to hate Jihyun. She's my savior and I'm his guardian. Come to think about it, I just lost my dignity as an angel, plus I don't feel like going back to Heaven. Maybe I should have stayed. I grit my teeth and clench my fist. I’ll stay, no matter what they do to me, I’ll stay. I’m coming to you Jihyun, wait for me.

 

I push Suho-hyung aside, this time harder, and it works. He stumbles aside and gives way for me to run, but I forget Luhan-hyung is still here. He reacts faster than I thought that he is now already controlling the lower part of me. I hiss and curse under my breath, when I feel my upper body is now stiffened. Luhan-hyung takes over all of my body as he now makes me turn around to face him with his hand movement. Luhan-hyung stares deeply at me.

 

“You’re coming with us. Your assignment is to make her happy, not to protect her. She’s happy now, that means it’s time for you to come back to Heaven now”

 

“What makes you think she’s happy? You’re acting like you know her so well”, I say as I glare at him dangerously. I hate this situation. Why do my brothers oppose everything I plan to do?

 


“She’s smiling”, Luhan-hyung says shortly. Hah, he thinks smiling shows her happiness? He’s so shallow.

 

"You're pathetic Hyung. You think smiling means happy?"

 

"Whatever. My point is, you have to come back with us Baekhyun, and that's final"

 

"No, I'm not coming back with you. You guys are pathetic. Losers. Heartless."

 

"What are you saying Baekhyun? You're against us? Your own brothers? You pick that girl over us?", Luhan-hyung retorts.

 

"Yes, I choose Jihyun over you. I feel happier when Jihyun's around"

 

"You know the risk of staying, right Baekhyun?"

 

I stay in silence as Luhan-hyung says that. Risk. In every decision there's a risk.

 

“Stay still Baekhyun, and I won’t hurt you”, Luhan-hyung says as he loosens his imaginary-grip on me, freeing my hand as it can move freely now, but still with my legs frozen, unmoving. I could have just punched him in the face if my legs were able to move. But what can I do with my only hand if I couldn’t even walk closer to him? I need to get rid of him first before searching for Jihyun. Suho-hyung won’t use his power here, it will create chaos and I know he doesn’t want that happen. Sehun and Kai are literally at my side, although they won’t attack their hyungs for me. That means if I successfully beats Luhan-hyung, no one will block my way to get her. But what should I do to defeat Luhan-hyung? I think hard, rummaging every corner in my brain to find an idea, when Jihyun’s word suddenly comes in replay.

 

 

‘Thank you Baekhyun’

 

‘For what?’

 

‘For lightening up my dark life’

 

That’s it. Light.

 

In a second they blink, a blinding bright light emerges from my hand. Luhan-hyung closes his eyes in reflex, freeing me from his grip. I quickly run away from them when I notice something falling from my pocket.

 

They are the couple necklace I bought earlier. I smile at them first. There’s no backing away. I’ll stay with Jihyun and not go back to Heaven. I’ll stay with her with all risks I have in my way. I’ll just stay. Jihyun, wait for me. I’m coming to you.


Updated! Fyuh, a long one huhu but not good enough i think. Sorry if it disappoints you *bow*

So yeah, thanks for supporting this story guysss <3