60

Fallen Angel

Her POV

We are on our way back home from the wedding. I get so many stuffs to hold, my camera, my tripod, my own bag, and a bouquet Baekhyun got from the wedding. I barely walk properly with these things to bring. Baekhyun looks at me and then decides to take several of my things for him to bring. Turns out he took the camera and the tripod. I look at him who is now holding and bringing them on his shoulder.

 

“Thanks”, I mutter as I smile shyly. I don’t know how many times I’ve already thanked Baekhyun today, but yeah, he deserves the gratitude.

 

“Haha this isn’t for free you know”, he grins as he talks teasingly. I make a face to him, to earn another grin from him. This dude really loves to grin.

 

“So what should I do to repay your kindness, Master Baekhyun?”, I say, teasing him back. He fakes a hit on my arms, and ready to tickle me if I weren’t fast enough to avoid his attack. He chases me, before stopping at the side of the road, staring blankly at another side of the road. I follow his gaze, and find there is a festival held on the other side of the road, which leads to the bridge that goes through the not-so-wide river. I turn my gaze to him, who is still staring at the festival.

 

“You wanna go there?”, I ask. He changes his gaze to me, and with his puppy eyes, he nods. I chuckle first, before gripping his wrist and drag him along with me.

 

“Let’s go!”, I say and run to the festival, along with Baekhyun following from behind. I feel happiness rushes to my heart. Finally, happiness…

 

His POV

Jihyun drags me to cross the road and go to the festival. Whoa, so this is how a festival looks like. It is very crowded, so many people to see, and so many things to look. There are sellers with the things they sell on both sides of the bridge. I stare at them in awe as we walk past through them. Jihyun seems to notice my expression, as she chuckles cutely.

 

“You look weird”, she says and chuckles once again. I just rub the back of my neck awkwardly, still looking around in amazement. There are so many things displayed, and I wonder how human search over the things they need between so many things like this.

 

“There are so many things here…”, I mumble as I trail my gaze to every sellers there. They seem so busy with their things, serving as many buyers as they can. I stare blankly at them, before Jihyun tugs my sleeve. I turn to her who is fiddling on her feet. She rubs her ankle as she grips my arm for a support.

 

“Uhm, I think I need a pair of flats now, heels really kill my ankle”, she says. And the next second I realize, she already takes me to several kiosks in the festival. She buys a pair of flat shoes for her at one of the kiosks, before going through other stalls next to it. There is a stall that sells so many kinds of T-shirts. We look through many stacks of t-shirts, before deciding to buy a pair of t-shirts which look similar but different in patterns. The seller says they are couple T-shirts. Well, they do look like a couple.

 

Jihyun brings the couple T-shirts to the cashier and pulls out her purse. I follow her from behind while taking off the tuxedo I wore earlier, it’s hot. I also loosen the tie on my neck and roll up the sleeve. I stop walking as I reach Jihyun’s place, waiting for her to finish the payment. The seller notices my existence and turns her attention to Jihyun, who is standing in front of her.

 

“You are such a cute couple”, the seller comments as Jihyun pays for the T-shirts. This just makes me blush in shyness. Couple? Jihyun looks at the seller questioningly and turns her head to me, before getting the idea of what the seller said.

 

“N-no, you must be misunderstood, we… I… uhm, him…”, Jihyun stutters on her words and I notice her cheeks are also red. Is she blushing?

 

“Haha, whatever, couple these days are just too shy to show their love in public”, the sellers says again as she finishes the payment. Jihyun quickly takes the change and the t-shirts with her. Jihyun then bows at her before walking out from the stall. I bow at her too and follow Jihyun from behind. She’s already in the middle of the pavement, waiting for me to reach her. And as soon as I reach her place, she quickly turns her body to me awkwardly.

 

“Uhm.. don’t mind what she said. We… aren’t a couple”, she says shyly. Hu, it breaks my heart a bit to hear that. Is that means that she doesn’t like me? Jihyun seems to notice my thoughts as she shook her head.

 

“No! Don’t get me wrong. It doesn’t mean I hate you. I like you and-“, she cuts her own sentence as she covers . My head jerks up at what she said and I can feel my expression is brightened now. Jihyun likes me? Jihyun then awkwardly turns her back to me and avoids my eyes.

 

“L-Let’s go to another stall! Uhm… look! Food!”, she says and awkwardly points to random food stall. She then grips my wrist again and runs there, ordering some snacks as she keeps avoiding eye contact with me. Is it just my imagination or her cheeks now are really red? Does that mean she has the same feeling with me? I don’t know, human’s feelings are too difficult to understand.

 

We are the only customer that sits in the food stall. We then sit one seat and wait for the food to come. I fiddle on my feet, as I stare at Jihyun interestedly. She looks shy, haha I wonder why. I keep staring at her for a looooong time, before finally she turns her head to me and meets the gaze of mine.

 

“What are you looking at?”, she asks as she looks to the other way and puffs her bottom lips. I just can’t help myself to not squeal. Uuu, Jihyun, why so cute?

 

The food comes in short time, and we both mercilessly pound on the food. We are just hungry, but of course, being a girl really restrains Jihyun from eating messily, so she eats a little bit slower than me.

 

“Yah, don’t finish it by yourself”, she protests as she notices the food’s amount getting so much lesser in short time. I just grin at her, continuing my activity—munching the food—with her shaking her head in amusement. She then looks closely at the tip of my mouth, before reaching out to wipe something off from my mouth.

 

“Eat properly, don’t choke on yourself”, she says and smiles sweetly. She then goes back to her drink, sipping it slowly as she looks around. I am stunned for a while, as I move my hand to trail the tip of my lips, where she touched earlier. It feels warm. And I can feel another rapid heartbeat comes in attack. Jihyun, a single touch from you just ruins my normal heartbeat rate…

 

I stare at her closely as she now playing with her phone. Her hair falls gracefully to her shoulder, as the dim light of the stall shines on her, giving a shining effect on her long hair. Her bright skin, just suits the most with her no-longer-pale cheeks. Hm, I just noticed that earlier, her cheeks are now a little bit pinkish. Her long eyelashes bat each other everytime she blinks. She’s perfect outside, and I know she is perfect too inside. How I wished I was born as a human and met her earlier… Life is so unfair…

 

DUAKK!

 

I abruptly jerk up on my own as I feel something hits my back hard. Not hard, but REALLY hard, that makes me choke on my own. I hit my chest numerous times and gulp the drink, before sighing in relief. Jihyun stares at me in concern as she reaches out her hand to tap on my shoulder. That’s when I normally sit back and breathe heavily.

 

“Are you okay?”, she asks in concern and pats my shoulder to calm me down.

 

“I’m okay Jihyun. Geez, who did that earlier?”, I ask as I rub my chest and look around to find the culprit who hit my back. He or she should pay for this. But then, I realize that Jihyun stares at me questioningly.

 

“Did what? There’s no other customer besides us”, she says confusedly. I blink my eyes in confusion too. She’s right, it’s only us here. Then who hit my back earlier? Then I feel a pang hits my head hard, and in reflex, I reach my hand to my head and rub the temple. What is happening here? Everything is turning around me, like merry-go-round. Jihyun looks panic by herself and quickly stands up, pulling me up from where I sit.

 

“You need fresh air”, she says. I just weakly follow her as she drags me out of the stall with my hand gripping my head tight. What is happening to me?

 


Double update! Hoho I had typed this like several days ago and just manage to post it today :)

So... wondering what is happening to Baekhyun? Stay tuned! :D

Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing :D

I love you guys to the simplest DNA I have <3