16

Fallen Angel

Her POV

It’s night already. Time to go to sleep. Should I sleep here on in the bedroom? Hah, it’s hard decision to make. Baekhyun hasn’t recovered but the earlier incident just got me worried to let him sleep in my room.

 

Just in time, Baekhyun walks out from the bathroom, still being shirtless. I quickly turn away from him, can’t take it anymore to see his bare chest. But I manage to see his bruises and wounds aren’t recovered yet. Maybe I should let him sleep inside tonight. I hope he wouldn’t do anything weird to my things tonight.

 

“Ji-Jihyun, are you going to sleep here?”, he asks, stuttering in awkwardness. It must be because the earlier incident. I take a glance on him.

 

“Yeah”, I answer shortly, still being annoyed with the fact that he was touching my private things. And I just found out that he also rummaged through my things in the other part of the room. Aish I know I should have locked the cabinet earlier. Urgh it’s embarrassing to have your private things (read: underwear+bra) are exposed to a stranger, especially the stranger is a man. Argh I’m going crazy.

 

“I-I’ll sleep here. You can sleep in your bedroom”, he says. Awkward.

 

“No, you’re not recovered yet. It’d be better that you sleep in the bedroom instead of me”, I say as I stand up and about to walk to the laundry room.

 

“But Jihyun, you’re going to catch a cold if you sleep here”, he says again, in concern. I turn my face to him. I can see concern in his eyes, melting my annoyed feeling and changing it into a grateful one.

 

I smile to him, and seeing me smile just make him a little bit relaxed, I can see it from his expression. “I’m okay Baekhyun. I’ll take some extra blankets so I won’t freeze into an ice block”, I say sweetly. Sweetly? I didn’t know I can talk sweetly like this. Well it’s actually the usual way I talked, before ‘that person’ changed it.

 

“Are you sure? I mean, it’s kinda impolite to let a girl sleep outside”, he says as he scratches the back of his head nervously. Cute.

 

“It’s okay. Go sleep already Baekhyun, it’s late”, I say as I leave him for taking extra blankets in the laundry room. I take the thickest one, so I won’t be freezing the whole night. I take another one for Baekhyun, in case if he feels cold since he’s shirtless. Okay, remind me to take some clothes for him later.

 

I go back to the living room with blankets in my hand, to notice this 4-dimensional-minded creature is still standing near the couch, staring on it. I sigh. This guy is really persistent.

 

“I told you to sleep inside”, I say as I make my way closer to the couch, and also to him. He looks up to me with his round eyes, like a puppy. Aaah Baekhyun why so cute. If I had no dignity for myself, I would have been squealing everytime he looks at me.

 

“I know”, he said shyly as he rubs the back of his neck. I notice his face gets red and he fidgetly play with the back of his neck.

 

“Here, extra blanket for you. In case you feel cold or something”, I say again as I pass the blanket. He shyly takes it and mouths ‘Thanks’. I then sit down on the couch, claiming a spot on it, ready to sleep. I notice Baekhyun is still there, standing awkwardly behind the couch.

 

“Are you going to stand there all night long?”, I ask, making him snaps out from his thought.

 

“No! I’m just thinking to say… uhm, sorry about the earlier, I don’t know it’s improper to play with them. I just think they’re cute and-“

 

“Please don’t talk about this anymore”, I cut as I facepalm myself. This is going to take a decade to forget.

 

“So-sorry. And… thanks for letting me sleep inside”, he says shyly. I chuckle on his cute act. Somehow my annoyances just go away.

 

“It’s okay”, I say, smiling the warmest smile I’ve ever made since ‘that person’ gone. It feels great to smile like this again.

 

“Thanks Jihyun. And… Goodnight”, he says and then goes into the room, leaving me with a happy warm feeling all over my body. It feels so comfortable. I like this feeling. I’ve never been feeling like this after what ‘that person’ done to me.

 

I curl myself under the warmth of the blanket as I lay on the couch. I smile stupidly as Baekhyun’s cuteness keeps playing in my mind. I then reminded of the things I saw on his back this morning. Question pops out in my mind. Is he really an angel?

 

But then I let the question slips out of my mind. I don’t care if he’s a real angel or not. What I care is that he’s really cute, and he successfully making me smile happily again, after a long time not doing it.

 

“I should be the one who thank you Baekhyun”, I mumble, before finally drifting off to the ocean of dream.

 


Sorry for just updating now, i didn't get a chance to touch my computer yesterday (blame the intensive classes -_-) btw, the next chapters will be a little bit failed dramatic but i hope you can bear with it hehe. Thanks for reading, i hope you like it :D Comments and subscribes are still loved :D