68

Fallen Angel

Narrator POV
‘He’s leaving… And it’s not a normal place he goes to… It’s heaven. There’s no chance for me to see him again. No…. why? Why is everyone leaving me here alone?’

Jihyun was having a hard time to get her normal breath back. She leaned herself on the side of the road, inhaling as much air as she could. She felt helpless, not to mention it was dark already. Her fear started to creep into her, taking control of her mind as she started to tremble in fear.

‘No… please. I can’t be like this… Someone help me’

She continued running with her weak steps forward. She felt her vision blurred, from tears and from her fear. ‘Why is everything turns out different? Why is everything going against me?’

She kept running and running, not paying attention to where she was going. She missed a step and stumbled on her own feet, falling down to the ground in no time. Her tears came in rescue, to clean her face from dust she got on falling to the dusty road.

‘Why is everyone leaving me?’

She hardly tried to get up on her own, and continued her running. With heavy breaths, she finally reached there. Her favorite place. A place where she used to gather her strength back. The park.

‘Help me…’

She weakly walked to the statues, and directly went to the empty spot between two statues, where the lost statue should have stood there. The statue of light angel. She let her weak knees give up, as she once again fell to the ground, gripping the dirt where the statue should have stood there. She buried her head between her hands, letting her tears drenching the ground.

‘Please… don’t take the light out from my life. Don’t let me drowned in darkness again. What did I do wrong that I get this punishment in my life? Why? Why it has to be me?’

She cried hard, punching the ground as hard as she could like the ground would respond in contact. But no, no one heard her complaints. No one would want to help her get out from her situation. She was alone.

‘Why is life so unfair? Why should I be alone? Why did God take all of my important person? Why? Why is no one coming to save me? Baekhyun… why should you leave?’

She had no energy left as she kept crying and crying. She begged silently in her mind, hoping someone would come. Not only to get her back safely to her home, but also get her out of the darkness in her life.

“JIHYUN!”

His POV
I run as fast as I can, ignoring the fact that it is dark already and it’s really hard to see where I am going. My mind keeps working, trying to find alternative places of where she would go in this situation. I stop running as I reach the church, where Jihyun first took me to her work. I quickly run through the stairs and swing the door opened, to find darkness is the only thing I see. No sign of human existence. She’s not here.

I then run again, out from the church as I keep looking around. Where is she? Where would she go in this situation? What kind of place that cheers her up? Café? No. Amusement park? No. Where? Whe-

“The park…”, I mumble to myself as I the reality hits me. That’s it! The park! Jihyun must be there!

I continue my running as I turn to the alley, going to the park. In several minutes of running, I finally reach the park. The park where she first found me almost died in losing to much blood. The park where I first feel the warmth of the Earth. The park which started all of my feelings towards her.

I look to left and right, trying to find a figure of a girl I’ve been looking till now. Where is she?

Then I hear a sobbing, along with incoherent muttering. That sounds just like Jihyun. She must be here now, but where? I keep walking and search to every spot I pass in panic. Jihyun, where are you? I look to the formation of the statues, to notice a figure in sitting position with the head buried between the knees. Jihyun…

“JIHYUN!”, I shout as I run towards her. She startles at first and looks up to me, before hastily trying to get up and about to run again. But I act quicker. Right before she takes a step to run, I grab her wrist and turn her to me.

“LET ME GO!”, she screams helplessly as she tries to peel my hand off from her. No, I won’t let her to do so.

“Jihyun listen to me first”

“NO! JUST LEAVE! I DON’T CARE! “

“Jihyun please”

“JUST LEAVE BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND! LEAVE!!!!”

“JIHYUN I’M NOT LEAVING!”

Shoot, I end up screaming again. But that’s the only way I get her to listen to me. I breathe heavily after I say that, because of the raging breath I got from running and because I feel really tired after talking with loud voice like that. She does the same, breathing hardly as her eyes widen in shock.

“Y-You’re not leaving?”, she asks in disbelief, with a lot calmer tone. She reaches out her free hand to my cheeks, touching it in disbelief too, like I was one of the weird things she has never seen before. I smile in contact, as I reach out my hand to touch her hand on my cheek.

“I’m not, Jihyun. I’ll stay. I’ll keep my promise”, I say with heavy breaths. Jihyun’s face brightens as she hears that, although tears stains are still ruining the happy face she makes. I run my hand to wipe them, trying to reveal her happiness out from her face. She’s beautiful.

Then, I reach my pocket and take out the couple necklace. Jihyun’s eyes widen again, not believing in what she sees. I smile sweetly to her, as I take one of the necklaces and place it around her neck.

“Don’t cry again okay? I bought this for you, special present from Baekhyun to Jihyun”, I say as I wrap my arms around her neck to place the necklace on her beautiful neck. I step back to examine her features from a far, and smile proudly since the necklace really suits her.

“B-Baekhyun, you don’t have to-“, she says stutteringly as she touches the necklace and stops in the middle of the sentence. She looks down to her neck and smiles shyly as she keeps admiring the necklace. She keeps playing with her necklace, and I just smile the happiest smile I have. She looks happy and that makes me happy too. I just love to see her like this, as I just watch her shyly plays with the necklace.

That’s when I feel the weird feeling in my back again.

Something piercing through my back like it was drilling the surface of my back.

Dizziness comes in uncomfortable way as I start to feel the world is spinning faster than before. I almost stumble and fall down to the ground, but I don’t want to look weak in front of her. I try my best to stand straight and wait for her to talk again. She looks up to me and smiles. I just have to smile back. Come on Baekhyun, don’t be weak, you can do this.

 “Thanks”, she mutters shyly. So cute… it would be really nice to die in this situation.

“You’re welcome Jihyun”, I say, beaming to be exact. That’s when the dark decides to take over my sights, as I no longer able to hold back the pain I feel. Weak knees turn out to be jelly, and not able to support my weight.

DUAKK!!!

A great hit strikes directly to my back. I groan in pain and helplessly fall to the ground. Pitch black is the only thing I see. It’s scary, no wonder Jihyun is afraid of this. Maybe this is how she would feel if I ended up leaving her. I deserve this, for making her cry like earlier. Forgive me Jihyun, forgive me.

“BAEKHYUN!”. Her panic scream is the last thing I hear, before God sure takes my conscious away for awhile.

 



Updated!

I'm so touched to see how much you all have supported this fanfic. Thankssss :D

And, wondering how Jihyun would react to this sudden-fainting-Baekhyun? Stay tuned! :)

Thank you so much for reading, commenting, and subscribing

Love you guyssss <3