69

Fallen Angel

Narrator’s POV

Baekhyun went into the room with himself lying on the hospital’s bed, being dragged by the nurses. Jihyun abruptly stood up, like she was welcoming him, in worry. Baekhyun’s eyes were still closed, his skin was pale, and she could see his lips turning a little bit bluer and dry. She instantly ran closer to the bed but the nurses blocked her way. One of them told her to wait, as she led her to sit on the couch.

 

The nurses quickly placed the bed to one of the end in the room and placed all of wires and boxes near Baekhyun. They put an oxygen mask on his mouth, giving him fresh air that helped him breathing. Jihyun just stared at everything blankly. She flinched in fear as she noticed all the bandages that wrapped his body. She could see blood was still flowing, drenching his body in red.

 

“Ms. Kim”, one of the nurses called her and made her looked up to the one who was talking. Jihyun stood up weakly and fixed her clothes.

 

“Yes?”

 

“His condition is already stable. He did lose too much blood, and we need a blood so he could survive…”, the nurse trailed on her last word, unsure to continue or not. Jihyun felt worry all of sudden. ‘Why? Is there any problem with the blood stock?’

 

“There’s a problem with his blood, Miss. It’s like… abnormal? I don’t know how to explain this to you, but his blood is not matched with all type of normal human’s blood. Does he have abnormality in his blood? If he does, I’m afraid we couldn’t do anything about it”, the nurse continued. Jihyun just had apart in shock, disbelieved. ‘Then what should I do? What should I do to help him?’

 

“Ms. Kim, I’ll be going now. If he happens to be awake later, tell him not to move around too much and get a proper rest. Tomorrow, his x-ray will be examined by Dr. Kim. Good evening Miss”, the nurse said again, before leaving the room with the rest of the nurses.

 

Jihyun pulled a chair nearer to the bed, and sat there. Her gaze trailed on Baekhyun’s figure, lying lifelessly. She reached out her hand to his forehead softly. His face softened in contact, and she smiled to see it. She then took his hand and intertwined it with hers. Tears were now again rolling down to her cheeks. This time, it was tears of worry and guilt. She felt it was all of her fault that Baekhyun became like this.

 

‘If I weren’t that childish, would he be awake and smiled happily like usual?’

 

*Flashback*

 

“BAEKHYUN!”, she screamed in panic as his body lost its balance and directly fell to the ground. She ran towards his body which was lying down on Earth, stiffened in pain. He lost his consciousness, but still groaning and moving around in pain. She took his body and tried to help him, but it was too heavy for her, since he kept moving and moving, making it more difficult for her to brought him back home. She searched her phone in panic, with Baekhyun now lying on her laps. She panickly punched the emergency number, with her free hand wiping off the sweatdrops on his forehead. He groaned and she just hopelessly having herself panic.

 

She was finally connected with the emergency number. When she talked to the operator, she was shocked to hear a loud groan, more like growl from him. She quickly finished her business with the operator and put her phone down, when suddenly Baekhyun rolled around, that his face now on her laps, with his back facing upward. Jihyun just didn’t know what to do as she just tried to wake Baekhyun up.

 

“Baekhyun. Baekhyun please wake up. You hear my voice right? Please keep up with me. Please”, Jihyun said in tremble and only got his groaning as an answer. She was at the verge of crying, when suddenly, Baekhyun got up from his lying position and screamed in pain.

 

“AAAARGGGHHH!!!!!”

 

As soon as he did that, his back was wrecked open. Blood dripping at first, before flowing harshly out from his back. He was now drenched in blood, from head to toe. Jihyun was trembling in fear, as she saw something coming out from his back. A pair of wings. His wings, that used to be white and shining, were now glowing in dark red, as its feathers started to fall down one by one to the Earth. The red wings flapping harshly, that it made Baekhyun groaned even louder. Jihyun’s teary eyes were suddenly gone, changed into the stare in fear. ‘What happened?’

 

His body then flew up high to the sky, before taking turns harshly that it made Baekhyun hit several trees nearby. The wings just looked like they were rebelling, not wanting to be inside him. Jihyun stared helplessly as she saw Baekhyun’s body flying around, hitting everything that was in his way. She noticed bruises were created on his skin, as she found him flying nearer her, ready to bump into her and maybe literally crashed her to the Earth.

 

And she was right, Baekhyun’s body did hit her, and made her fall to the ground with him falling down too. She was forced to stand up as her hands were wrapped on his arms and his body was going to fly again. She didn’t want that happened, so she initiatively grabbed his waist and hugged him, stopping him from flying aimlessly again. The wings didn’t like what she did, as they slapped Jihyun’s body numerously. It hurt, a lot, but Jihyun stayed in that position and muttered everything in her mind.

 

“Please, don’t hurt him. Please”

 

The wings then suddenly stop moving around, and bent down slowly to her, asking for her attention. She them softly, before finally they went back into Baekhyun’s back. Baekhyun stopped groaning, but his groan changed into a cough, that spat so many blood in every cough he made.

 

Thank goodness ambulance was there

 

*End of Flashback*

 

She brought his hand to her forehead, leaning on it. She cried uncontrollably, worry was the only thing she felt.

 

‘What if he died? What if he will never wake up again? What if… It’s all of my fault. I’m sorry Baekhyun’

 

“Please wake up”, she muttered under her sniffling as her tears rolled down from her cheeks to his hand. She ignored the stinging pain and bruises she got from being slapped by the wings. She ignored how terrible she looked right now. She ignored how dark it was already in her heart. All she thought was Baekhyun.

 

“Baekhyun I’m sorry…”, she cried. She closed her eyes tight, not bearing to see how terrible his condition now.

 

“Jihyun?”


Updated!

I super duper like it to see how you keep commenting the story, it gives me strength :D

So yeah, the wings started to rebel their owner, that's the reason why Baekhyun felt something hitting his back lately

Stay tuned to see what will happen next :D

Adios!