79

Fallen Angel

Her POV

“What are you doing here?”, I ask him, a little bit rude but hey, it’s still morning dude, can’t he just come here later?

 

“I just want to get the printed photos of the last wedding day we organized. You still have it, don’t you?”, he asks back, making me furrow my eyebrow in confusion. Wedding day? Which wedding day? I don’t remember ever going to a wedding day with Jaebum.

 

“What photos?”, I ask bluntly, not caring about how panicked he is as soon as I say it.

 

“You forgot?! It’s only like several days ago, Jihyun”, he asks in disbelief. Several days ago? When did I…

 

“Go check your room or bag, I’ll be waiting outside. Or just give me your memory card and I’ll just get them printed by myself. Hurry, I gotta give the photos to the couple in no time”, he complaints as he leans on the door. I frown at his act as I stick my tongue first.

 

“Just come in and sit. I’ll go check it”, I say, dragging him in before dashing off to my room to find these pictures Jaebum wants. Aish where would I put them? It’s not that I even remember ever going to a wedding party with him. I first rummage through my bag, and the result is a failure. I try to go through my cabinet, and there are only my clothes. Aish, I should have told him I really didn’t know about this wedding-thingies. Urgh, what should I do?

 

I then desperately look on my desk, which is really a mess. Books are everywhere, and papers are scattering. I keep moving this book and that book away from my sight, when suddenly a book falls from my desk, abnormally, and hits the floor with a little bit loud voice. Ugh, just forget that book and continue searching for the photos. But… why is that book really takes my attention?

 

I then shift my gaze to the fallen book and bend down to reach it. It’s a novel. About an angel. Weird, I don’t remember having this kind of book in my desk. I curiously open it, and something soft slowly slips down to the floor. What’s that? I reach for that thing, to find out… it’s a feather. A very soft and bright feather. Whoa, it looks beautiful. But… why did I keep this thing between this book?

 

Then my eyes find a very familiar package on the desk. I stand up and take the package, slowly peeking in to look what’s in there. There are photos, of the wedding party. Okay this is crazy, so I did come to the wedding party with Jaebum, how could I not remembeeerrrr?

 

“Jihyun did you find it?”, Jaebum asks from outside.

 

“Yes, I found it, coming right away!”, I say from inside as I shift my gaze to the photos. How could I forget about this? This is weird.

 

“If you don’t mind, please bring the soft copy too Jihyun, I wanna see”, he says again. I am frozen for awhile at my place, eyes staring blankly at the floor. Something just urges me to cry, and it’s not Hyunjae. It’s someone else. A man, to be exact. Who? Who is it? Why is he replacing Hyunjae in my mind? Why am I sad over him? Who is it?

 

“You know… You don’t have to forget him”

 

“Forcing yourself to forget just make it even harder to move on. You know, the more you try to forget, the more you remember. That’s why you shouldn’t force yourself to forget”

 

“Open your heart Jihyun, and try to let someone takes over his place in your heart”

 

Who the hell is that? Aish it hurts, my head hurts. What is happening here? Who is that person? I scratch my head in desperation, before hastily take my laptop, the camera, and the photos out from the room. Let’s just calm myself down first, before trying to figure out what is really happening here.

 

His POV

“Hyung, I’m sorry”, Chanyeol mutters before inhaling deeply, and stares at me dangerously. I just stare at him back, waiting for what he is about to do.

 

In the next second blink I do, a fast, strong, bright lightning comes towards me. I weakly avoid it, ineffectively. The light did burn a bit flesh of mine. I just wince in pain, reaching my hand to the injured area as I eye the tall figure standing far from me. He moves his hand in formation, and suddenly a lightsaber formed in his hand. Aish, he sure takes this seriously. I, full with trembling, move my hand into the same formation and form the same lightsaber just like his. I feel my body is weakened in process, and as soon as I move my leg into a slight step forward, Chanyeol dashes off from his place and swings his saber, hitting every perfect weak point that just opened of mine. My body flies in response, hitting the ground loudly.

 

“Baekhyun!”, I hear Suho-hyung calls me in worry. I weakly stand up and grin at him, mouthing ‘I’m fine’, although it’s a pure lie I just told him. There’s no way being like this will be fine. Ughh, Chanyeol is just way too strong, what should I do?

 

I stare at him, and notice he is about to dash off to do the same movement. I close my eyes as I feel the energy in my body is evaporated, along with the dried blood on my skin. I can’t take this, it hurts, and I just won’t win over him. I should just let him win though. Dizziness takes me over, and suddenly, a memory of Jihyun plays in cue.

 

‘Be a good angel Baekhyun, I know you will’

 

‘If it makes you leave safely, I’ll do anything’

 

No, I won’t lose this way. Jihyun has already sacrificed her memories, her feelings, just to make me leave and stay in Heaven safely. I broke my promise to stay by her side, at least I’m not going to break this one. I’ll be a good angel, and that’s final. No one can make me break my promise to her for a second time. No one.

 

Narrator’s POV

Baekhyun clenched his fist and inhaled deeply. Chanyeol was already a face away from him, ready to hit him with the lightsaber in his hand. The saber was now only several centimeters away from Baekhyun’s face, when suddenly, a very bright and blinding light emerged from his body, shining everything that it fell too.

 

Like a sun to the earth, Baekhyun let the light flowed freely from his body. Chanyeol was even backing away from him as the light pushed him towards the wall. Chanyeol then felt his body was trapped in the blinding light, and felt powerless all of sudden. His power was evaporated due to the light that Baekhyun emerged. He bent down and fell to the ground, energiless.

 

The elders smiled victoriously as they witnessed the battle. Chanyeol had fell down, and not getting up in several seconds. The Master of Healing went down to both of them and reached Chanyeol to cure his injuries. Not an opened injuries but those internal injuries. But in the hand of Master of Healing, Chanyeol was cured in less than a minute.

 

Chanyeol then got up on his own and went slowly to his hyung, to offer a handshake.

 

“That was a great battle hyung, you deserve the power”, he praised his hyung as he tightly shook his hand. Baekhyun just smiled, and cringed in pain as he felt the Master of Healing went to him to cure his wounds.

 

“So”, Master of Water spoke up as he got noticed by all of the angels there. “I guess it’s clearly decided, Baekhyun will get the power for himself, and Chanyeol will be sent back to the academy for another year of training”. The masters nodded in agreement as they eyed both of their junior closely.

 

“So I guess, it’s a final decision, let this battle end for now. You can go back to your places now”, Master of Water said again as he stood up and about to leave, when suddenly, the winner of the battle, unexpectedly, raised his arm and said something that couldn’t be understood by the elders.

 

“I’m sorry masters, I have to reject the power…”