66

Fallen Angel

Her POV

 

“Jihyun… I’m leaving”

 

I am startled at a moment. Everything just stops moving, or creating sound. Everything becomes quiet, like the time stops ticking. I heard wrong right?

 

“You’re… what?”, I ask unsurely, as I slowly put down the fork and feel like the energy in my body is evaporated into the mist of air. Baekhyun looks at me with his sad, guilty, heavy, stare. Why?

 

“I’m leaving Jihyun”, he repeats, as I notice him gulping and throwing way his gaze from me. I just sit there, unmoving and not saying anything. Tears are urging to fall but I just don’t want to cry. It could be just a joke right? A mean joke.

 

“You’re kidding right?”, I say as I put a poker smile on my face. I know it, it must be a joke. Baekhyun loves to joke around. It could be just one of his jokes.

 

“No Jihyun. I’m serious”, he says, breaking all of the hopes I have in mind. I lifelessly fall down to the chair, leaning on its head. No. He can’t leave. Why?

 

“But why?”

 

“Someone… already comes to pick me. I just… I mean… I’m-”, he stutters, repeating every words as he tries to get my attention back.

 

“Remember the first day I stayed here Jihyun? I told you I would only stay until someone picked me up”, he continues. I just stay in silence. He’s leaving? Seriously?

 

“Well… this someone has come now and asked me to come home with me”. Please tell me this is just a joke. I mean… I have just finally succeeded to get out from the darkness and now I’m getting back there?

 

‘Nothing lasts forever you know'

 

“I… really appreciate your kindness for letting me stay”, he continues.

 

‘Don’t put your expectation too high’

 

“And I really enjoy the days living with you”

 

‘One day, he had to leave’

 

“But I must go back to where I belong to now”, he says.

 

I look up to him and meet his gaze. I perfectly know he notices sadness in my eyes, but seems like he doesn’t realize there are other things can be seen in my eyes. Anger. Disappointment. Sadness. Desperate. Why should he leave? Go back to where he belongs? Isn’t my house considered as a place he belongs to? Isn’t my side considered as a place he belongs to? Isn’t my heart considered either?

 

“I really wished I could stay”, he says.

 

“Then stay”, I say shortly, not wanting to show him that my voice is trembling in anger. I can’t believe this.

 

Baekhyun looks at me in guilt, as he tries to meet my gaze but surely, my gaze just wanders around my feet, not wanting to meet another gaze.

 

“You know I can’t do that Jihyun”

 

Silence is all over the room. Only silent stares help us to communicate. I can feel tears are now welling up on my eyelids. I try hard not to blink, because as soon as I blink, I know the tears will start to make their way down.

 

“Jihyun I’m sorry”, he says.

 

“Why are you apologizing?”

 

“Because I’m leaving you. I feel guilty towards you. It hurts to see you like this”

 

“Then stay Baekhyun, don’t leave me”

 

“I… can’t”

 

“Why? Why are you leaving me? You’ve promised you would never leave me. You’ve promised you would stay by my side. Why are you leaving now? Why?!”, I say with my trembling voice raising its tone, as the tears now already make their river on my cheeks.

 

“Jihyun, you don’t understand”, he weakly replies. This is it, it finally bursts.

 

“YES! I DON’T UNDERSTAND. YOU’VE PROMISED ME BAEKHYUN! DON’T YOU KNOW I TRUST YOU FULLY WITH MY HEART?! ARE YOU GOING TO BREAK THOSE PROMISES AND GET ME HURT?! HUH?! TELL ME!”, I shout, at the top of my lungs. Baekhyun is startled as his eyes widened in shock, still radiating sadness. I feel something stinging in my chest. It hurts a lot. It’s like my heart is broken into pieces and pieces get drowned in pool of my blood. I’m angry, hurt, disappointed, crying, everything. I hate this life. You don’t know how much I hate this life.

 

“Jihyun”, he says as he reaches out his hand to take mine. But I don’t want his hand. I want him. I want him to be by my side. Am I selfish to ask the one I love not to leave me? Am I? I slap away his hand as I stand abruptly from my seat and walk away from the dining table. Tears are dropping every time I take step by step to the front door, running away from him. He seems to notice what am I about to do as he chases me and grabs me in the wrist. He turns me around to face him. I struggle hard, trying to slip away from his hand.

 

“Jihyun listen to me first”, he says. Listen? What should I listen again? Will listening make him stay and not leave? Of course not, then why should I listen.

 

“No, let me go”, I say and still struggling. But his grip is just too tight. I use my other free hand to peel his grip on me, but then his other free hand grips mine. He takes both of my hands, trying to calm me down.

 

“JIhyun please let me explain”, he calls me as he tries to stop me from moving and going anywhere. Explain what? That he needs to leave? That he’s going to leave me? I already heard them. Why did he want me to hear that again? So that I’m going to crawl back to despair? I already am.

 

“Let me go Baekhyun”

 

“Jihyun you need to listen to me first”

 

“Fine. Explain”, I say, demanding to hear every single reason he’s going to say as I imagining myself now already at the edge of falling down to the deep valley. But he’s not saying anything. He doesn’t say anything, only his stare that tries to reach the inside of me. This is sickening, it’s not gonna work.

 

“What do you want to see Baekhyun? Sadness? Just go see it and leave”, I hiss.

 

“Jihyun, please. I need… I’m… I mean… please listen”

 

“And what?! Noticing that I’ll be alone by myself again later?! That you failed fulfilling your promise?! That you are now literally pushing me down from the edge of the dark valley?! Why would I want that?! Why would I want to hear anything from you?!”

 

“Jihyun”

 

“You’re a liar Baekhyun! You and him are just the same! I should have known not to trust you that easily! You’re such a disappointment! I regret everything I did to you!”

 

“Jihyun, but…”

 

“I DON’T WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING FROM YOU!”

 

“JIHYUN WILL YOU PLEASE CALM DOWN?!”, he shouts back at me and I just feel the fire of anger burns away my senses.

 

“I SAID LET ME GO! YOU’RE LIAR! BASTARD! JERK! YOU WANNA LEAVE?! FINE! JUST LEAVE! I DON’T CARE!”, I scream as I finally succeed in getting his grip off from me. I quickly run to the front door, leaving him standing like a stone, and slam the door shut, as the sound echoes in the hallway. I run my breath out, as fast as I can. I don’t know where I’m going. I just run. Run and run. Away from the scene. Away from this reality.

 

 

“I hate you Baekhyun”

 


Updated! Sorry if you find this chapter... not important, i just want to show how she thinks about him leaving her. And.. i made this in not so good emotional state and tiredness sorry *bow*

About the ending... let's just see how it ends. Butone thing for sure, the story won't end in one or two chapters but still several chapters. I hope i can give the best ending for you, i finished the plot like several weeks before writing this and i don't want to get sidetracked from the plot

So yeah that's all from me, thanks for reading commenting and subscribing :D

Happy reading! Stay y free (and single) -> poisoned by superjunior's mv