82

Fallen Angel

Narrator’s POV

Jihyun closed the door behind her and slowly walked towards the couch. She plopped herself to the couch, letting herself literally got swallowed by its puffiness. She sighed, as she kept busy with her own thoughts. The image of the person in her dream kept bugging her, like urging her to remember who he was.

 

“Who is it… Baekhyun? Who is Baekhyun?”, she muttered to herself. Her eyes flew to the beautiful night sky outside, forcing her to get up from her position and walk nearer to the balcony. She opened the doorway, and took one step out. Cold night breeze directly blew to her. She expected herself would catch a cold because of this, but to her surprise, it got warmer each time she blinked. She then took several steps again and then leaned on the balcony, eyes wandering to the sky. Stars were scattering on the dark sky, twinkling their dim lights. She smiled, as she found the sky looked really beautiful.

 

“It’s beautiful”, she muttered.

 

‘Mind to dance with me?’

 

‘You see, darkness could be beautiful too’

 

She gripped her head hard as she felt dizziness took over her. She winced in pain, as her brain worked really hard to figure who this person was. Despite of the dizziness she felt, soft thumps were produced from her heart, making her at ease and comfortable. She stared blankly at the sky, before turning around as she slowly took a step inside.

 

“Please remember me, Jihyun”, a sound was heard from nowhere. She was frozen, and turned around again to find nothing was there. She stared blankly again, in confusion. A name kept ringing in her mind.

 

“Baekhyun… who are you?”, she muttered.

 

“I’m your guardian angel”, a sound echoed, and then gone as the cold night breeze hit her. She tightened the cardigan she wore, before walking her way inside and closed the balcony’s door. She ran to her room and closed the door shut. She felt afraid and sad all of sudden. She felt the urge to cry over someone, like this someone was leaving her alone in darkness. She thought it was Hyunjae, but it wasn’t. It was someone else.

 

Tears were already making their way out from her eyes. She quickly jumped to her bedroom, burying her head into the pillow. She cried, due to the loneliness she felt. She missed someone so bad, but she didn’t know who he was. She hugged the pillow tight, before finally drowned into the ocean of dream.

 

It was him, again. Standing like a statue as he waited for her to walk towards him. She just stood there too, hesitating of what she should do. He smiled sadly, as he eyed her from head to toe. She just let him to do so, and did the same to him. They were eyeing each other.

 

“You haven’t changed, Jihyun”, he said. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. How could he say that?

 

“Who are you? What makes you say that?”, she snapped. He chuckled at her action and stared at her lovingly. She couldn’t lie to herself, but she felt comfortably nervous at his stare. Her heartbeats raced fast, but still giving her comfort all over her body. But a little part of her heart was aching. She didn’t know why, but tears were already flowing down to her cheeks. He noticed this, before approaching her to wipe off her tears.

 

“Don’t cry again, Jihyun. It hurts me to see you like this”

 

She looked up to meet his gaze. His deep gaze, filled with longing, sadness, and concern at the same time. She looked down again to her feet, fiddling in nervousness.

 

“Who are you?”, she muttered. She expected him to say nothing, not answering the question. But to her surprise, he leaned closer to her ears,  before whispering softly to her.

 

“I’m Baekhyun…”

 

She was abruptly awakened from her dream as she breathed heavily. She gripped the bedsheet tight, as she gripped her head with another hand. She felt desperate and sad in the same time, when she heard his name.

 

“Baekhyun… why are you making me like this?”

 

Ocean of memories tided up to her brain. Her eyes widened in every memory played in her mind. She finally realized what was missing. It sure was an important thing. He sure was an important person. Her tears flowed again. She had remembered. She remembered what happened that night. The night when her savior needed to go back to his own place, leaving her alone on Earth, struggling with her own fear. She remembered the sweetness of the kiss, she remembered the warmth he always gave to her. She remembered, everything. She sniffled her tears before digging herself to the pillow, crying again. She got her memories back, and sure, it didn’t give any help to her desperateness.

 

“Baekhyun… I missed you”, she muttered

 

His POV

I am now sitting on the edge between the outer space and the sky palace. It’s my workplace, since I need to control the stars and their friends while the sky palace is in charge of controlling the sky as over all. I smile to myself as I keep playing with every star, twinkling them like in a club. Haha that’s funny, I’ve never been to a club before.

 

“Hey, Baekhyun, how is it?”, Luhan-hyung calls me and makes me turn my attention to him. He smiles, and I just smile back to him. He told me his idea earlier, and I didn’t think it will make any good for her and me, so I ended up telling him I would think it over before giving him the answer. He then sits next to me, comfortably swinging his legs as he stares to the Earth below him.

 

“You know, about my idea-“

 

“I’m still thinking about it Hyung”, I cut his sentence off before he could even finish it. I’m not ready to go on his plan. I mean… what if it doesn’t work?

 

“It works, trust me”, he says, maybe he had read the question in my mind. He chuckles, with his eyes still plastered on the Earth. I heavily sigh, as I stare at the Earth too. I missed Jihyun, so bad.

 

“You know, I’ve done it before, and still doing it till now”, he says. What? He does that too? For what?

 

“But Hyung, why? I mean, what for?”, I ask, only to earn another chuckle from him. Aish, why is this guy keeps chuckling?

 

“I’ve experienced the same thing like you, being pushed from nowhere and ended up landing on Earth”, he says. Wait, he what? But when?

 

“Wh-“

 

“It’s not important about what and when and why, I just want to tell you that it works. At least it cures your longing to her. I mean, you can see her again, every night in her dream”

 

“But… it will just make me even sadder Hyung, to meet her just to tell that I won’t be able to stay by her side forever. It will hurt her too, if she happens to remember me and knows that I am no longer the one who can cure her heart”, I say.

 

“You can warn her earlier”, he says shortly. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. This Hyung sure is hard to understand. He seems to read my mind and spins his head to me and makes a face. Haha he sure looks really cute for a guy. I mentally apologize to him and he just scoffs, before putting his serious face again and stares at the Earth.

 

“We can ask Tao’s help to get you back to the time when you first met her. I can help you to get into her dreams. With this”, he says as he takes out a bottle filled with something shining. I stare at the bottle quizzically. Should I drink this to get myself into her dreams? But it doesn’t look like a drink.

 

“No you don’t have to drink it, it’s her memories of you”, he says. I put an ‘o’ expression, nodding in understanding. So he does keep her memories of me. What a cool Hyung.

 

“So, you wanna try getting into her past dreams? I’ll call Tao”, he says. I just can’t help but to nod. This Hyung sure is really cool and helpful, despite his act towards Jihyun when they first met. I never thought he would be the one to help me curing my longing to her.

 

In a second, Tao is already here, with Luhan-hyung. They both smile to me, before starting their works.

 

“Close your eyes, and open it when you hear my voice, okay?”, Luhan-hyung says. I just follow his command, closing my eyes while feeling nervous all of sudden. I’m going to meet her again, although it’s only her dream. Her past dream to be exact.

 

“Open it”

 

I open my eyes, to find myself in the middle of grassfield, with a person in black suit standing next to me. Who is this guy? Is it really her dream? Don’t tell me Luhan-Hyung takes me to the wrong dream. Aish if he does, I’m going to kill him the next time I meet him.

 

The person, seems to be calm as he stares blankly to the wide sky above him. Sadness is noticed from his eyes. I just stay silent, when suddenly this person moves his gaze to me, and smiles respectfully.

 

“You’re Baekhyun, right?”, he asks. I just nod, staring at everything but him. Who is this guy actually?

 

Like in cue, he chuckles once before looking at the sky in front of him. The next word he says sure widens my eyes in shock.

 

“I’m Hyunjae”

 

Hyunjae? The so-called-Hyunjae? Let’s kill him.

 


Updated!

So, for those who didn't get the idea, Baekhyun is now in the first dream she had when she first met him, you can re-read chapter 6-7 if you forgot :)

The mysterious person in her dream is Baekhyun from the future hehe, he could go to her dreams thanks to Luhan and Tao.

And, Luhan has already experienced the same thing like Baekhyun, but please don't expect me to write a sequel of Luhan, cause i don't really have any story line for him, i just have my love for him... No just kidding, my heart still belongs to my boyf and Hoya haha.

And oh, Jihyun now completely remembers him, haha tearing :')

So yeah, this is the update, enjoy!