75

Fallen Angel

Narrator’s POV

“W-What did you say Jihyun?”, he asked, stammering as his hand grabbed her shoulder.

 

“I said, if you want to go back to your own place, it’ okay. You don’t have to force yourself to stay with me. Just go back to your place, your familly. I’m sure they really missed you so much”, she said, trying hard not to cry in front of him. She knew if she cried, it would be harder for him to leave.

 

“But Jihyun, I told you I’m staying right? I’m not leaving. I’m staying, with you”, he said.

 

“I know. But it would be mean for your family Baekhyun, your family must have been worried about you. Just go back to them, it’s not that you won’t ever meet me again right?”

 

“But Jihyun, you don’t understand. It’s really far from here, I mean… it’s far”, he said, unsure of what to say. He couldn’t say it was Heaven he was going to.

 

“As far as it could be, you could still have a chance to pay me a visit Baekhyun”, she said again, trying to be positive although she knew that wouldn’t happen.

 

“No Jihyun, it’s really far, I won’t have a chance to come back here to meet you again. Once I go back there, I won’t ever meet you again. It’s really far Jihyun, you don’t know how far it is from here”, he said with sad eyes. Truth to be told, it wasn’t because it was such a far place he would go, it was more like he couldn’t stand living without her by his side, although it was only several days they were together.

 

“I know Baekhyun. I know how far that place will be. It’s the place where he went too…”, she muttered while she took his hand and linked it with hers. Baekhyun just stared at her in disbelief.

 

He didn’t get the point of why she was asking him to leave her,when at the first place, she was the one who was angry when he said he was about to leave her. He felt hurt, when he thought Jihyun didn’t want him to be by her side again. He felt like his heart being stabbed several times, when he imagined of how his life would be without her.

 

“Jihyun… I don’t want to leave. I really don’t want to leave you. Don’t you want me to stay by your side, forever?”, he said weakly as his free hand trailed on her face. He cupped her face with one hand and got her to face him.

 

“I do Baekhyun, I really do. I don’t want you to leave either, but your family needs you more than I need you”, she said, with trembling lips. She tried to hold back the tears which urge her more than ever to let them make a river on her cheeks.

 

“They don’t need me Jihyun, and I need you. Isn’t that enough reason to stay by your side?”, he moved his hand back to her shoulder, shaking it like it would make her changed her mind.

 

“No Baekhyun, that would be such a selfish us to do that. Just leave Baekhyun, go back to your family, your place”, she said as she shoved away his hand off from her. She then looked outside, and noticed several figures were already there. She smiled fakely, and went back to Baekhyun.

 

“Your brothers are here”, she said and patted his head. He stared at her in disbelief.

 

“My brothers? Are they… Did you…”

 

“I met them. And they told me everything. Enough reasons for me to let you go back with them”, she said as she stood up and took his hand. He was in silent, trying to digest all of her words.

 

“Come on, I’ll take you to your brothers”, she said and pulled him up, but he resisted and pulled his hand off from her. He glared at the figures outside, before going back to her and stared at her in disbelief.

 

“You met my brothers? Did they force you to do this? You don’t have to follow them if you really want me to stay. I’m staying and that’s final”, he said.

 

“No Baekhyun, you will leave with them. I don’t want to just think for my own goods and make the other sad because of me”

 

“You don’t want me to stay with you, do you?”, he snapped.

 

“I do want you to stay Baekhyun, but-“

 

“Then let me stay”, he cut her. They didn’t realize that several of them were already walking in, and stood right behind them.

 

“No Baekhyun, go back to your family. You can’t just think of yourself, ourselves, and make your family sad”, she said, almost repeating all of her words over and over again. Inside, she was already broken into pieces at the thought of letting him go. But she knew it would be the best, for both of them.

 

“I’m not going anywhere. Why should I, we, be the ones who sacrifice our desire? Why? Can’t we be once selfish? Just for once?”, he demanded as he grabbed her shoulder again.

 

“No Baekhyun, at least, not this time. You have your own path, and it’s different with mine”, she said. His brothers walked closer to both of them and slowly took his hand. He didn’t budge, but not following them either. He stood there, and glared to her.

 

“No… I’m staying”, he said shortly.

 

“Baekhyun, please”, she said, begging to be exact. His brothers pulled him with force, but he resisted.

 

“No”, he stated again. He shook his head continously, not believing the fact he would be separated from the first girl he had ever loved.

 

“Baekhyun”

 

“I said no! NO! I’M STAYING! You want me to stay right?! Be selfish for once and let me stay by your side! I don’t want to leave”, he pulled himself out from his brothers’ grips and went back to her. But his brothers’ didn’t let him to do so as they pulled him in his waist. He struggled to be out from their grips, with eyes glued on her.

 

“Baekhyun I can’t do that”, she said.

 

“WHY CAN’T YOU BE SELFISH FOR ME JUST THIS ONCE?! BE SELFISH AND HAVE ME STAYED BY YOUR SIDE JIHYUN!”, he yelled, as his tears flowed down to his cheeks. His heart was broken. He wanted her to force him to stay, not to leave her. How much he wanted to hug her and not leave.

 

“I’m being selfish right now Baekhyun. Do you know it hurts me when I see you in pain? Do you know it hurts me when I know you’re dying? And do you know it hurts me even more when I know the reason why you’re dying? You’re dying because you’re staying here with me! And now, I’m being a selfish one because I don’t want to feel the hurt again! I want you to leave Baekhyun, leave, please. It hurts…”, she said. Tears were now forming on her cheeks. She felt so many pain strikes through her and hurt her numerously. Baekhyun stared at her with his teary eyes, shoulder deflated, and let his brother pulled him away. But his brothers didn’t do it, instead, they let him off and Jihyun slowly walked closer to him.

 

Baekhyun bit his own lower lips as her hand cupped his face. She stared deeply in his eyes, and smiled.

 

“Be a good angel Baekhyun, I know you will. And, send my regards to ‘him’. Tell him I’m already moved on so he doesn’t have to worry about me”, she said. Baekhyun’s eyes widened.

 

“W-what do you mean?”

 

“I know you’re an angel Baekhyun, and I know you’re going back to Heaven. ‘He’ is there too, probably”, she chuckled at her own sentence. Baekhyun smiled weakly as she pulled her hand back. She smiled her best smile and took a step away from her.

 

“Go Baekhyun. Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine”, she said, beaming with her best smile. Baekhyun just smiled sadly as he looked down to his feet.

 

“I’m sorry Jihyun”, he muttered. Jihyun patted his shoulder and pushed him to his brothers. He smiled at her first, before turning his back on her and walked with his brothers. ‘This would be the last time I see you’, both of them thought.

 

He stopped walking, and turned around to see the one he loved, for the last time. She waved weakly and smiled.

 

“Don’t forget me, okay?”, Jihyun said while waving her hand. He smiled and waved back.

 

“You too, don’t forget me Jihyun”, he said. Both of them smiled to each other, when one cold familiar voice spoke up and had them erased their smile from their faces.

 

 

“I’m afraid that won’t happen”

 


Updated again! Go go go!

And yeah, as soon as this fanfic ends, i'll have a project on making 12 different stories starring EXO as main characters. It's called 'One Project'. And i'm going to finish my first fanfiction starred by Hoya from Infinite huehe

Please anticipate it :D

And thank you so much for the supports <3