06

Fallen Angel

His POV

Something?

 

On my back?

 

That’s my wings!

 

Did she see it?

 

Stupid wings, go hide yourself now!

 

Urgh, it hurts. Hiding wings sure takes a lot of energy. No wonder the healing angels keep ranting about not to hide your wings unless it’s a very dangerous situation.

 

I take a look on her, who is now staring at my back in horror.

 

No no no, what should I do? She must have found it weird. Scratch that, she does found it weird. Damn what should I say to her? ‘Jihyun, actually, I’m an angel’? No no no, she will think I’m crazy and directly send me to the lunatic asylum. Nooo that can’t be happened. Okay Baekhyun, don’t be panic, stay calm.

 

“I’ll take some clothes for you. Let’s go to the doctor. Now”, she says in concern.

 

No! Meeting other human is the last thing on the list, like for now. They will notice my wings and greedily take me as their guinea pigs. No!

 

She is about to walk away but I grab her hand and stop her, earning a glare from her. I grip her wrist tight. I can feel her hands trembling. She must be scared. I rub the back of my neck with my other free hand.

 

“Uhm, no need to go to the doctor Jihyun. Just… put on some bandage on it and it’ll be fine”, I say, in a serious, but a bit doubted tone.

 

I have to convince her not to bring me to the doctor. I don’t want to be their guinea pigs, like those any weird things taken by scientist angels to their mysterious laboratory for their mysterious experiments, along with the healing angels. Thinking of it just makes me shiver in horror.

 

“But Baekhyun, your back-“

 

“It’s been always like that. Trust me, resting for several days and it will soon heal”, I say again.

 

She looks at me in my eyes, trying to be sure if I’m really okay. I stare at her, with a reassuring stare, and she stares back in concern mixed with fear.

 

“O-okay”

 

Narrator’s POV

That night, she let him slept in her bedroom, while she herself would take the couch.

 

After finishing her routine, she plopped on the couch. She lied there and closed her eyes, trying to sleep.

 

But the night’s temperature just made her frozen from head to toe.

 

‘Whoa it’s pretty cold here’, she thought as she rubbed her body, practically hug herself. She got up and sat down on the couch. She still felt cold all over her body, shivering and trembling at the same time.

 

She looked around, and her gaze fell on the unopened door just several steps in front of her.

 

‘Should I sleep in that room?’, she thought.

 

She shook her head in disagreement and then lied down again on the couch.

 

‘No. I’d rather freeze to death out here, than sleep there just to get another sleepless night because of him’.

 

She then took a pillow and hugged it tight, hoping it would warm her body a bit.

 

Then, she drifted off to the dreamland.

 

She opened her eyes to find herself in the middle of unknown place.

 

It was a never ending grass field.

 

Everywhere she looked, it would only be grasses.

 

‘Where is this?’

 

She walked aimlessly, trying to figure the way out from that place.

 

Warm breeze kept hitting her body continuously, making it difficult to walk or even see where she heading to.

 

“Hey is there anyone here?”, she asked, to the empty field and wide sky up above.

 

She kept walking and walking, hoping that someone or something would show up and help her to get out from that field.

 

She then found two men, standing quite far from her. They were standing next to each other, backfacing her. One of them wore black suit from head to toe, while the other wore white.

 

Thinking that they would help her, at least telling her where to go, she then approached them. She almost reached their place, when she heard them talking with a sound echoing in the whole field.

 

“Take care of her on my behalf”, the one in black said, as he patted the one in white’s back.

 

She was frozen at the moment. ‘That voice…’

 

She stopped her steps, standing there examining the back side of these men. She found it familiar, but other part of her telling her not to expect too much. Then, the man in black turned around and faced her, showing his face to her. She gasped, with her eyes widened, as she now could see his face crystal clear.

 

‘It can’t be….’

 


The one in gray is her dream :) Thanks for the support, love you guys :D