20

Fallen Angel

Narrator’s POV

She was now staring on the living room right in front of her, while leaning on her bedroom’s door. No one was on the living room, but in her eyes, there were a girl and a boy chatting happily with their giggles echoed in the room.

 

 

 

‘Oppa stop it!’, she giggled hard as the boy started to tickle her waist. A playful smile plastered on his face. She struggled and tried to run away from him. He chased her, hugging her waist tight as he spun around happily. The room filled with warmth and happy feeling

 

‘Hey it’s night already. Let’s go to sleep’, the boy said as he ruffled her hair, leading her towards the bedroom. The girl shook her head.

 

‘I want to sleep there’, she said as she pointed to the other room.

 

‘So naughty’, he said, earning a face from the girl. He then chuckled as he now lead her to the other room.

 

 

 

Unconsciously, she walked closer to the other room. Its door was locked. She stood in front of its door, unmoving. Her hand slowly trailed her own neck, and stopped when it felt a cold metal feeling. It was her necklace, hanging loosely on her neck. She slowly took it off, and placed it in her hand. It was a normal necklace, with a beautiful stone hung on it, engraved with ‘J’ and ‘H’, initials of her name. Next to it there was a small key, too small compared to normal key size. It was a special key, for the locked door of the room.

 

‘I’ve promised myself not to enter this room again. But I just couldn’t’

 

She then put the small key into its hole, twisting it, and the door was now opened, making a creak sound as it opened wider. Now she could clearly see what’s in it. Papers scattered all over the room, the unused bed, something covered with white sheets, big window, a desk, a cupboard, and another door next to it. Just seeing it already made her tearing. She stepped in as she looked around, with her eyes already blurred by the tears.

 

‘It doesn’t even change a bit. I still can feel his presence here’, she thought, wandering through the things on the room. She touched everything she passed, the desk, the bed, and finally stopped right in front of the cupboard. She stared at it for awhile, before decided to open its door.

 

A picture of a girl and a boy stand next to each other, smiling happily, was the first thing that greeted her as soon as she opened the cupboard. The boy’s hung loosely on the girl’s shoulders, while the girl held a cake with ‘Happy Birthday Jihyun’ written on it. She smiled at the picture. It was the picture of her, and the person whom she always tried to forget.

 

 

 

‘Hey let’s capture this happy moment of your life haha’, he said as he set up the camera into self-timer’s mode. She stood there, holding the cake while waiting for the boy to stand next to her.

 

‘Hurry Oppa!’, she said. The boy quickly ran back to her and stood next to her, wrapping his arm around her.

 

‘3..2..1..Cheese!’

 

 

 

A drop of tear rolled down her cheek. She slowly wiped it, and then proceeded herself to take a box next to the picture. She opened it slowly, to find several pictures in it. She took all of them and looked at it, reminiscing the old days. All of them were the photos of her. There was a photo of her wearing maxi dress and white hat, walking along the seashore, letting the breeze played with her hair.

 

‘You told me I look great in this photo’, she thought, continuing her reminiscing. The rest of them were random photos of her activity. There were a photo of her holding a basket of dirty clothes, cooking, watching TV, eating ice cream, dancing stupidly, and other things. She was smiling happily in every photo.

 

‘I miss smiling like this’, she thought. ‘But I just lost the meaning of smiling since that time’

 

She then put all the pictures back into the box, placed it again neatly in the cupboard. Her gaze fell on several clothes which folded neatly and placed right in it. They were ‘his’ clothes, which happened to be left by their owner. ‘Baekhyun will need these’, she thought as she took several of them. As soon as she took them, she could feel ‘that person’s presence got stronger, as now she could smell his scent clearly from his clothes. She scoffed and quickly closed the cupboard’s door, not able to resist the scent.

 

‘I’m sick of this’, she thought as she turned around, ready to leave the room, when her gaze fell on another door next to the cupboard. She was frozen for awhile, but then she walked to the unused bed, putting all the clothes she held there, and went closer to the unopened door.

 

Slowly, she reached out her hand to open it.

 


Second updates! Wait for more :D