73

Fallen Angel

Narrator’s POV

“Baekhyun, hold on right?”, one of the males said to hardly-breathing Baekhyun. He put his hand on Baekhyun’s back and a light emerged at the touch. Baekhyun inhaled deeply, before coughing again and spitting more blood. The other male, a tall one, was holding Baekhyun’s wings, examining them closely as he touched them cautiously.

 

Jihyun was sitting at the end of the room with two men standing next to her. One of them fidgeted on his feet while the other stared blankly at Baekhyun. Jihyun just kept silence until finally one of them reached out his hand to her. She looked up to the hand’s owner and found him smiling sweetly.

 

“I’m Sehun, wind angel”, he said. Jihyun hesitantly took his handshake and muttered her name. “Jihyun”

 

“You know what, Baekhyun-hyung is really happy to live with you”, he continued. Jihyun just smiled weakly as she saw Baekhyun wincing in pain. He had his eyes closed, and his consciousness had gone to nowhere to be found.

 

“Who are you guys and what are you doing here?”, Jihyun asked with her eyes glued to Baekhyun. She gulped hard when she noticed Baekhyun was no longer conscious. Sehun took her hand and calmed her a bit, with the other male sitting next to her just scoffed to her.

 

“We are Baekhyun-hyung’s brothers. We are angel, I know you know it. The one sitting next to you is Luhan-hyung, a telekinetic angel. The one with dark circle under his eyes, sitting on the window is Tao-hyung, a death angel, uhm… time angel to be exact. He was the one who stopped the time”, Sehun explained. Jihyun just kept silence as she waited for his explanation to be continued.

 

“The one holding Baekhyun-hyung’s wings is Kris-hyung, he’s a flight angel. Well, I hope he could fix Baekhyun-hyung’s wings. And then the one next to him is Lay-hyung, he’s a healing angel. He’s trying to heal all of the cuts the wings made in his body. And then, the last one-“, Sehun’s explanation was cut off as the one unintroduced was barging towards her and grabbed her in her wrist, making her stood up from her seat.

 

“IT’S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!”, the unknown man yelled at her. She raised an eyebrow to him, confused of what he was saying. Half of her felt guilty, but half of her just felt offended.

 

“Suho, calm down. He’s okay”, Kris calmed him from afar, still holding Baekhyun’s wings. But Suho just ignored him and focused on her. She tried to wriggle off her hand from his grip but his grip tightened in response.

 

“What are you doing?! Let me go!”, Jihyun said as she pushed him, but it was useless.

 

“If you weren’t that selfish, Baekhyun wouldn’t be in this condition”, Luhan spoke up calmly from her back, but his words just gave her a pang of guilt striking through her heart. But Jihyun didn’t like being blamed from nowhere like this. Why would it be her fault?

 

“What selfish thing I’ve done that I made him in this condition?”

 

“You asked him to stay, isn’t that selfish?! Baekhyun’s place isn’t here, and you know it! Why didn’t you let him go back to his own place? HUH?!”, Suho raised his tone again as his grip tightened. Jihyun winced in pain and Sehun came towards both of them to calm them down.

 

“Hyung, I think you-“

 

“Why did you say it was selfish? It wasn’t. Baekhyun had promised me to stay, and I just want him to fulfill his promise. Am I selfish to just ask that?!”

 

“Yes you are. You know clearly he was an angel, although he was too oblivious to realize you had already noticed it. You know you and him are different, won’t ever be able to stay together. It was such a stupid promise you made him to do. You’re selfish”, Suho said in low tone. Jihyun rolled her eyes in annoyance as she glared at Suho coldly.

 

“Maybe you should change your perception on what selfish is. It’s not a selfish act I did, it’s you who act selfish. He clearly didn’t want to go back to Heaven and that’s why he wanted to stay. And you blamed me for making him like this? Blame his stupid violent wings! They were the one which made him like this!”, Jihyun said in furious tone.

 

“YOU’RE THE REASON BEHIND ALL OF THE WINGS DID TO HIM!”, Suho yelled to her face as his face reddened in anger.

 

“WHY WOULD IT BE MY FAULT?!”, she screamed back, as her eyes furrowed in anger too. She couldn’t understand why she was at fault in this situation.

 

“Because wings only obey the Heaven’s angels, not the fallen one”, Luhan spoke up again as he walked towards Baekhyun. He was still being healed by Lay and Kris was still trying to calm the wings down, so they wouldn’t make any fuss. Suho’s shoulder was deflated as his grip on her wrist loosened and he let her freed from his grip.

 

“What do you mean?”, she asked confusedly. ‘Fallen angel?’

 

“Those angels who are chased out from Heaven, even if it’s only for several days or even forever, are called fallen angels. Wings are meant for Heaven’s angels, that’s why they wouldn’t ever obey the fallen one. They tend to rebel, until the fallen angels let them free and untrapped from their bodies. It hurts a lot”, Luhan continued his explanation. Jihyun just looked down to her feet. Guilt rushed to her heart as she felt something urging her to just break into tears. But she didn’t do so.

 

“Then just get the wings off from him, so they won’t hurt him anymore”, Jihyun said quietly, almost like a whisper but loud enough for them to hear. As soon as they heard that, they got all their heads hung low, except Luhan. Luhan glared at her, as cold as he could.

 

“You just didn’t know what you’ve said”, Luhan coldly replied.

 

“But I’m right, right? If he didn’t have these wings hurting him, he would be okay right?”, Jihyun asked confusedly again.

 

“All of angels’ lives are depended on their wings. Once their wings gone, that means the end of angels’ lives”, Kris said as he shifted his stare to Baekhyun’s wings. The wings had calmed a bit, but there was no guarantee that they wouldn’t hurt him again. Jihyun was frozen at her place, not knowing how to react. She trembled as she tried to hold back the tears, but still letting one drop of her tears fell down to the Earth.

 

“What… would happen if he died? I mean… he’s an angel, will he go back to Heaven as a free soul?”, she asked unsurely. She hoped the answer would calm her a bit, to make a decision not to let him leaving her, but seemed like life sure hated her.

 

“No. His soul would be sent to the empty space between Heaven and Hell. It was a place, where souls could reach neither Heaven nor Hell. It was such a torture, since the soul would fly aimlessly in eternal darkness. That’s where all of fallen angel would end up if they couldn’t keep their wings with them”, Luhan said as his eyes filled with worry. Never once he wanted himself go back to that place again, and he didn’t want his brothers to be there either.

 

Jihyun was about to break into tears when she felt something squeezing her legs. She looked down to her legs and found Suho was already kneeling down, gripping her legs tight. She could feel his tremble through the contact on her skin. She just couldn’t hold back the urge to cry, being in dilemma of forcing him to stay or letting him go for good.

 

“Please… I beg you… He’s my brother”, Suho begged with his head hung low. Jihyun just bit her lips as she tried hard struggling with her fear of being alone. The image of lonely her had already came into her mind, and she didn’t like it. She didn’t want to be left alone again. She didn’t want to be left by the person who was so important to her life. Especially when she knew he would go and never come back. When she knew, it was a very far place he would go to.

 

But it wasn’t that she wanted Baekhyun to suffer from the torture of the wings. It hurt her to see him like this, and it took half of her life to see Baekhyun in pain. She didn’t want him to be hurt, but she didn’t want to be hurt either.

 

It was such a silent night to see. No one was talking. Everyone was either frozen at their place or hanging their head low. The angels’ faces were hardened, while Jihyun just stared blankly at the sky. Stars were scattering and glittering their dim lights, accompanying the lonely moon shining the sky of that night.

 

‘Without darkness, there would be no light’

 

‘Nothing lasts forever’

 

‘Jihyun… I’m leaving’

 

Tears were b, blurring her sight and her logical mind. But one thing for sure, she had decided which option would be the best for both of them.

 

Option which would either hurt her or him.

 

“I’ve made my decision”


Updated!

Suho is begging her...

By the way, i will keep using narrator's pov for the next chaptersss

And, keep supporting this fic, okay :)

Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing

Meloveyouguyssss