08

Fallen Angel

Narrator’s POV

“NO!”

 

She woke up abruptly with sweat all over her body.

 

Her breath raged, tears stains were seen on her cheeks. Her heartbeat rate increased, as her hand flew to her chest.

 

“Are you okay?”, a voice in concern heard.

 

It was from Baekhyun, who was now looked at her in worry.

 

He was just about to ask her for extra blanket, since it was also cold in the bedroom, when he found her sleeping fidgetly on the couch, sweating hard, and mumbling incoherent things. He shook her, trying to wake her up, and got himself shocked by the time she woke up abruptly. ‘Is she okay?’

 

She was flustered, her hands busily tidying her messy hair. “I-I’m okay. Just nightmares”, she stuttered, still with hard expression.

 

He tried to read her expression, her answer sounded weird to him. “Why are you sleeping here? Is there only one room here?", he asked.

 

She didn't answer, just staring blankly at the floor as she let a heavy sigh.

 

"If that’s the case, I’ll sleep here”, he said again, making his way to sit down on the couch. He felt a cold breeze hit his body, making him shiver in cold. ‘It’s really cold here, how can she sleep here?’

 

She glared at him.

 

“No, just sleep in the bedroom”, she said, shortly as she pushed Baekhyun aside. Her raging breath was heard in the room. Cold breeze was still dancing around the two, making both of them shiver.

 

“I’ll sleep here”, he said again, claiming his position on the couch.

 

“I said no”, she said, pushing him aside, trying to make him go back to the room and let her sleep on the couch.

 

He sighed at her stubbornness. “Fine. I’ll sleep in the bedroom”, he said. She smiled at him in victory. “After I accompany you to sleep”, he said again.

 

“What?”

 

“I’ll accompany you to sleep. I know it’s frustrating to wake up from a bad dream”, he said, shuffling closer to her. She sat there, stared at him in disbelief. Of course, which girl would let a boy she barely knew to sleep with her? That was like risking her own life.

 

“I promise I won’t do anything bad to you”, he said again. She still stared at him. Being impatient, he then pulled her closer and let her lean her head on his shoulder.

 

“Sleep”, he said, more like commanding.

 

His POV

Damn, what am I doing now? Accompany her to sleep? Pulling her head to sleep on your shoulder?

 

Yah Baekhyun you look like a ert! And what’s with your arm? Are you hugging her? God, she must be mad.

 

“Baekhyun” she calls, causing me to close my eyes, anticipating what she will do next.

 

Argh, God, don’t let her hit my handsome face, I still have these cuts on my face and there’s definitely no place for another bruise.

 

“Thanks”, she says, settling her head on my shoulder and ready to sleep again.

 

I look at her who is now wrapped under my embrace. Her eyes are already closing and her normal breath is already back, as now I can see her sleeping peacefully. A strain of her smooth hair tickles my skin. I can smell her sweet scent clearly.

 

Thump.

 

I feel my heart beat louder than before.

 

Thump. Thump. Thump.

 

It gets louder and faster each time I take a deep breath with my eyes locked on her pretty face. Did I say pretty? Well, yeah, I must admit she’s a pretty one.

 

Thump.

 

What is this feeling? It feels like my heart will burst out from my chest in any second. I move my free hand towards my chest, trying to calm it down while hoping that she doesn’t notice this very loud heart beat of me. Thank goodness she doesn’t. She has gone to the dreamland already.

 

I let out a heavy sigh, while still staring at her. Then, a cold breeze flows in from the ventilation and I can feel her shivering in cold. Ugh, it’s really cold here and I have no shirts on…

 

DAMMIT I HAVE NO SHIRTS ON!

 

Okay, you surely look like a ert now Baekhyun. She is surely gonna be mad at you tomorrow.

 

Okay okay, calm down Baekhyun, let’s just leave her sleeping here now and go back to the room, that’s what you promised her before right?

 

Okay, let’s just move now.

 

I am about to move aside, when my eyes flew on her face again.

 

Is it just me or her face skin…

 

looks really soft?

 

My hand starts to move by itself, making its way to her cheek.

 

I find myself  her cheek now. Whoa it’s my first time touching girl’s face. It’s really soft man… seriously.

 

My hand then wanders to her red lips.

 

And… it’s a lot softer than her cheek. 

 

Well, I wonder how it feels to have these soft lips…

 

on mine…