64

Fallen Angel

His POV

Hoahm…

 

I keep yawning as I sit quietly on the dining chair, watching Jihyun cooking for breakfast from behind. I lazily put my chin on the table while staring at her. I smile quietly as I remember last night kiss. HAHA WE KISSED! Oh my God, sure that was the greatest thing I’ve ever done. I still remember how her lips and mine met each other and… yeah, that was greaaaat. I can’t help myself not to giggle on my own.

 

“Yah, why giggling?”, she asks and turns her head to me. I stop giggling and act like there’s nothing happened, manage to put a grin that sure makes her chuckles on her own. Cute chuckling. She then goes back to her cook and me go back to my watching-Jihyun-cooking time. Haah, what a peaceful morning to start. Well, except those feathers I found on my bed the first second I opened my eyes. That was a little bit scary actually, like watching your own hair falling to the ground one by one clearly with your eyes. I wonder what happened to my feathers actually. Or were they not mine? Who knows.

 

I get back to reality when I hear clank of plates touching the table. I sit up straight and find a plate full of food is already served in front of me.

 

“You’re daydreaming”, she teases and takes a seat in front of me. I shyly rub the back of my neck and look at her. She smiles warmly and passes the fork.

 

“Eat well Baekhyun”

 

***

“So where are we going today?”, I ask as I finish with my breakfast. I slowly gather the dirty plates and stack them.

 

“Well, I’m going to the studio to print some photos. It takes a long time to finish, I think you should just stay home”, she says after wiping . She then stands up and takes the stack of the dirty plates to the sink. I follow her and stand right next to her, leaning on the kitchen counter.

 

“That would be booorrrriiiing”, I say, exaggeratingly. But then, I unconsciously yawn widely and stretch my body up. Jihyun notices this and chuckles once.

 

“See? You’re tired. Just stay at home and take some rest. I’ll go to the studio and be back at 5”, she says and pats my head, before heading to her room and gets herself changed. I smile to myself and skip to take a seat on the couch. I feel cramp all over my body. Maybe Jihyun is right, better that I take some rest and get myself fresh for tomorrow.

 

I am leaning on the couch when I notice Jihyun is already finished and about to walk out from this house. I stand up and follow her, wanting to bide goodbye to her before she goes to work. She is wearing her shoes and I just stand next to her fidgeting, waiting for her to finish. She is about to open the door but then stops to rummage through her bag and pulls out an envelope. She then passes it to me, who is staring at it questioningly.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Your payment, for performing yesterday. Spend it wisely, okay? Oh yeah, if you’re going somewhere, make sure to lock the door before going and bring along the key with you. I’m going!”, she says and in a dash, she is already on her way to the studio. I just wave at her and stare at the envelope questioningly again. What should I do with the money? Oh I know, present for Jihyun! Haha I’m a genius. Let’s just get myself changed and then go find Jihyun’s present!

 

***

So… here I am. Walking around in front of lines of so many stores. Aish, how am I supposed to find a perfect present for her? Huu, someone… help…

 

I scratch my head desperately, when one of these salesmen then approaches me and offers me a brochure.

 

“Good morning, Sir! Mind to check our new jewelry store? It’s right over there!”, he says and points to the store that isn’t far from where we are standing. Hm, jewelry? That would be nice, but… I don’t think the money is enough to buy her a jewel.

 

“Don’t worry, Sir! We are on grand opening promotion! Buy one get one free! Well, if you happen to buy the couple jewelry, you just have to pay half of the real price!”, he says, like he can read my mind. Whew, salesmen these days sure are psychics. I then read the brochure and find the price for a couple necklaces are cheap enough for me to buy. Well, they said I could have the necklace engraved too. Haha, I’m so lucky. I bet Jihyun will surely like these.

 

So, to make it short, I end up buying the necklaces, one is engraved with her name, and other is engraved with my name. The necklaces are simple, with just one stone shaped like a star and a silver chain. Simple, yet look expensive, although they only take half of the payment to buy. I smile in satisfy as I hug the wrappings tight. I skip happily on my way back to home, excited to see how Jihyun’s response will be. I smile stupidly all the way home, but the smile is gone when I feel something weird happen to me.

 

A sudden pang shoots through my head, making me dizzy and unconsciously grip my head to calm the pain down. I stop walking, and stand weakly as the pain drives me crazy. My weak knees just can’t support me any longer that I end up kneeling down on the ground, gripping tight my head. The wrappings fall down to the ground as I lose strength on my body. I literally crawl on the road, groaning in pain. What is happening?

 

DUAKKK!!

 

I feel a harsh hit on my back, yelping in pain. I clench my fist to hold back the urge to groan, but everything just ends up into failure. I keep groaning in pain with my head sticking to the road. I breathe heavily and the pain just gets worse in every breath I take. People stop by to see what happen to me, not brave enough to take action to help me or just ask me what is really happening. And I am not bothered to ask them for a help, since I am too busy holding back the pain.

 

And to add the inconvenience, a wrecking sound is heard from my back, as I hear everyone is gasping in shock and some women screaming their piercing screams. I weakly look up to see what happens and find blood dripping from my back, drenching me into a pool of blood. I feel weak all of sudden, and get weaker when I notice my wings are now bending down to me, almost bald from falling their feathers down to Earth. Dizziness takes me and I end up laying on the road with no energy. I throw my gaze to everyone watching me in shock, not bothered to help. I close my eyes as I lose my strength on my eyelids, letting the crowds talk what they want, when suddenly everything becomes quiet.

 

Steps are coming nearer, and that’s when pitch black takes me over. I faint, no energy, no power, just laying there lifelessly. I can’t move any part of my body, but manage to hear short conversation happens next to me.

 

“Hyung! What should we do?”

 

“Fly him back to the house”

 

“But…”

 

“Yah Hyung, just do it! I can’t hold the time any longer”

 

They are panicked. What is happening here? Jihyun… I’m scared.

Updated!

The first part of this chapter is boring... sorry *bow*

And yeah, this is the update, enjoy!

Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing :)

Aieru! <3