07

Fallen Angel

Narrator’s POV

Tears were built up all of sudden, as she finally saw the face of the man.

 

That was the face of the last person she wished to meet.

 

The face she had been missing so much, the face that had made her life drowned in the darkness, the face that had made her cried to sleep since that day.

 

The face of the person she used to love.

 

She tried to hold back the tears, but it was useless. Tears were now rolling down her pale cheek, making their way to the ground. She stared at the man’s face, hoping that she mistook him for ‘that person’, but everytime she blinked, she just felt the presence of ‘that person’ got stronger.

 

‘It’s him…’

 

The man stood there, as his eyes finally met with her stare. He smiled sadly, before he turned his back on her, making his way away from her. She now stared at his back, who was going further, along with each of her tears that hit the ground.

 

‘Don’t go’.

 

She tried to talk, but no single words came out from . She then felt her body weakened as she tried to walk towards that man.

 

‘Comeback here’

 

She tried to talk again, but ended up as a soft whisper. She hardly walked towards that man, trying to catch up with him who was now going even further. Her strong steps turned into hobble. Losing her balance, she fell down on her now jelly-knees.

 

‘Please stay’

 

She cried as she reached out her hands, hoping that he would stop and approach her. The man in black then stopped walking and turned around. She saw him with teary eyes, still crying every tears droplet down to earth.

 

“I’m sorry, Jihyun”. His voice echoed, and then he continued his walking.

 

“No…”, she said, with her hardly-even-breathing-voice.

 

She tried to stand up on her own legs, only to fell down again. Her body became even weaker than before that she couldn’t even hold her body straight. Her face now on the ground, still crying. She felt dizzy and her sight blurred. She clenched her fist, gripping on some grasses.

 

‘Don’t leave me’

 

She was trying hard to gather all of her strength, when she realized the man in white was approaching her.

 

‘Don’t leave me’

 

The man in white helped her to get up on her own legs. He held her arms tight, making sure that she wouldn’t fall down again.

 

‘Please come back here’

 

She looked straight ahead, to find the man in black was far ahead, almost out of her sight, she cried harder as she tried to walk again. She tried to catch up with him, but the man in white suddenly stopped her by hugging her tight.

 

“Let me go”, she said in a low tone.

 

“No”, he answered shortly.

 

“I said let me go”, she said again, struggling to be out from his hug. He didn’t say anything and tightened his hug, preventing her to be out from his embrace..

 

“What are you doing? Let me go! I need to talk to him!”, she yelled as she felt tears were rolling down again. She hit the man’s chest several times, hoping that it would make him loosen his hug.

 

“He’s leaving”, the man in white said to her ears, not letting her to see his face.

 

“THAT'S WHY YOU NEED TO LET ME GO!!!!”, she screamed, with overflowing tears on her face.

 

She looked straight ahead behind the man in white’s shoulder, and found the man in black nowhere in sight. She cried harder on the man in white’s shoulder, as she now saw nothing but grasses.

 

“Don’t leave me”, she said between her sobs.

 

She stop struggling and let a river flowed from her eyes, feeling a lot weaker than before.

 

Her sight got blurrier than before and she lost strength on her knees.

 

She fell on the man in white’s embrace, letting his warmth took over her weak body.

 

She fell down on her knees, the man in white followed her too.

 

He let her head rested on his lap, making her facing his face.

 

She tried to see who the man was, but something bright on his back just prevent her to do it. It was even hard to see the man’s eyes, as he now backfacing the light. She squinted her eyes, not able to resist the brightness, and slowly closed her eyes.

 

She felt weaker, then she lost her consciousness.

 

The last thing she heard was him saying,

 

I promise I will never leave you

 


Another update! :D Comments and subscribes are still loved :)