09

Fallen Angel

His POV

Yah yah yah what are you thinking Baekhyun? You sounded like a ert!

 

My eyes blink in realization.

 

Stop it! Angels are not allowed to be ert! Stop thinking weird things Baekhyun, remember, you’re an angel, don’t act like humans.

 

But seriously, her lips… Argh forget it already.

 

I try to calm down myself, clearing my mind from weird things bugging it.

 

Then, I feel her shivering in cold again, as the night just gets colder than before. Unconsciously, I wrap my arm around her again, instead of going back to the bedroom and just sleep peacefully. I sigh. I can’t leave her here in cold like this, that’s so not gentleman. But… I promised her to go back to the room after she falls asleep.

 

What should I do?

 

I wrap my arm around her tighter as I feel her keeps shivering. I can hear her teeth grit each other. I try to rub her arm, hoping it would warm her a bit, but it’s not working. I should have asked her where she puts the blanket. Now I’m here, shirtless, with the shivering her, and without nothing covering us from the cold breeze. Dear night, can’t you get a little bit warmer? We’re freezing to death down here. This is why I miss Heaven so much. It’s always warm there. Never once I felt cold in Heaven, well unless those frost angels accidentally release their power in the wrong place.

 

Back to the topic, it’s super cold here. And she keeps shivering, like forever, making me wrap my arm around her tighter than ever, practically hugging her. Her face is like several centimeters from mine. I can feel her breath on my skin. I feel my blood rushes to my face. Damn, why am I blushing? Oh, it’s getting warmer here, but why does she still shiver? Argh, what should I do?

 

Then an idea pops out from nowhere.

 

It’s crazy, and risky, but I have no other choice or Jihyun will get sick from being cold here.

 

Okay Baekhyun, you can do this.

 

It’s easy, come on don’t let her freeze in cold.

 

I take a deep breath, and exhale. Slowly, I let my wings out, biting my lower lip, not to let any groan escape. It hurts like hell maaan. I can feel my own skin wrecked into holes, making a way for my wings to let out. Sorry Jihyun, you need to take care of those holes later.

 

After several seconds of holding back the pain while squealing uselessly, finally my wings gracefully spread behind my back. I bend down my left wing, which is still broken due to the fall. But I hope it works.

 

I move my wings slowly over us, wrapping us from the coldness of the night.

 

It’s warm, finally.

 

She stops shivering as the warmth takes over the coldness. I unconsciously smile, to see her sleep peacefully. Finally, no more shivering. Let’s go to sleep now.

 

I stare at her once again, admiring her peaceful sleeping face.

 

She’s beautiful.

 

But then, a tear from her eyes interrupts her peaceful state.

 

She softly sobs on my chest, digging her head on it. I can feel her tears rolling down her cheeks, and down to my skin. Why is she crying? To think about it, I noticed her crying earlier too. What is happening?

 

“Why are you crying Jihyun?”, I whisper softly, as I run my thumb on her cheek, wiping her tears off.

 

“Don’t leave me”, she mumbles as she sobs on my chest. I hug her tighter, trying to make her comfortable. Her tears keep flowing like river, although I keep wiping them everytime they manage to roll down her cheeks. Useless act, but I don’t what to do besides that.

 

I hug her tight, with all of my might, and unconsciously fall asleep with that position. Please don’t cry Jihyun, I’m here, I’m not leaving you.

 


Have you guys watched 'Twinkle' MV? Haha Baekhyun must be happy to be featured in his favorite sunbae's mv :D

By the way, here's the update! Hope it doesn't disappoint you. Comments please, so I know what I lack of and quickly fix it. Thanks <3