72

Fallen Angel

Narrator’s POV

It was night already, and Jihyun was still at her apartment, taking some clothes for herself and Baekhyun. She packed everything neatly, and her eyes fell to the picture she had printed yesterday. She took one of them, which was the picture of her and Baekhyun, standing close to each other with fireflies in background. She smiled sadly, knowing that most probably that would be the last picture she could take with him. She bit her lower lips to prevent her from crying. She didn’t want Baekhyun see her tears, so she quickly wiped it off. She then made her way out from the room and walked back to the hospital.

 

*Flashback*

“He… miraculously escaped from dying of losing too much blood”, Jonghyun trailed on his word as he took a glance of her sister. Jihyun just stared blankly, unfocused of what her brother said. He sighed first, before continuing his sentence.

 

“But I’m afraid he couldn’t manage to survive”

 

That hit her hard, as she jerked up from her seat and stood up in shock. “He what?”

 

Jonghyun stood up to calm her down, letting her to take her seat back and sit calmly, although her eyes were filled with worry and fear. He just couldn’t stand to see it. He cursed himself from being a doctor that had to say this to his own sister.

 

“W-what happened to him?”, she asked, just like the old times.

 

Jonghyun then the lamp on the equipment used for seeing the x-ray clearly. It was the photo of Baekhyun’s back, from side and from front. She squinted her eyes as she noticed something weird in the photo. It looked like a tornado in his back, making fuss and hitting everything in his body. It was white, and reality hit her.

 

‘It was his wings….’, she thought. She gasped in shock as she realized it. Baekhyun’s wings had already hit every single part inside of body, most were the important organs.

 

“I don’t know what this thing is, but surely it ruins all of his organ system. His lungs, his heart, his kidney, everything, are slightly cut because of this thing going through his body. Do you happen to know what this is?”, Jonghyun said, turning his head to his sister who had her head hung low. She trembled in fear, it wasn’t like she would tell her brother it was Baekhyun’s wings, her brother might think she was crazy and sent her to the psychologist, just like the old times.

 

“I-I don’t know… But… can’t he get a donor or something? I mean… to replace the or-“

 

“No”, Jonghyun said sternly. “He couldn’t even get a matched blood donor, how is he supposed to get a matched organ donor?”

 

“But…”, her sentence got cut off as Jonghyun reached her shoulder. He looked her sister in her eyes, and showed her how sorry he was because of the next sentence he was about to say.

 

“I’m telling you the truth now. He is 90% won’t be able to survive. I’m doing this for you, you asked me so I’m telling you honestly. He’s dying Jihyun, and I’m afraid I couldn’t do anything about this.”

 

**

Without she realized, she was already in front of Baekhyun’s room. She slowly reached the knob and twisted it, before she proceeded to walk into the room. Baekhyun was lying there, with his eyes opened. His expression brightened as he saw her figure coming closer to him.

 

“What did the doctor say? Can I go home tomorrow?”, he asked happily. She smiled and put the things on the couch.

 

“Yes, he gave you permission to go home tomorrow, but if something like this happened again, he asked you to stay here for awhile”, she said.

 

She then smiled weakly, and took a seat next to his bed. He followed her every movement, and notice her sad expression.

 

“What’s with your expression?”, he asked as he trailed her face. She nuzzled her face to his hand, and closed her eyes.

 

“It’s nothing…”, she said.

 

“Liar. Your expression tells the opposite”, he pouted and took his hand from her. She smiled to his childish act as she leaned in, until her head reached the bed. Baekhyun just stared at her, not knowing what she meant nor what to say.

 

“You’re not gonna leave me right?”, she asked randomly. She felt the urge to ask this, although she knew what the answer would be.

 

“Of course! I’ve told you so many times right?”, he said. She smiled on the bed, as her tears started to roll down again, but she didn’t want to show it to him, so she just let the tears absorbed by the bed.

 

“Can you… sing for me Baekhyun?”, she asked as she shuffled closer to his lap, leaning on it. He instantly had his hand her hair, as he smiled softly to her.

 

“Of course. I’ll sing you to sleep, okay?”. Jihyun just nodded, and closed her eyes for good. Baekhyun took a deep breath, although it was hard for him to do so. It felt hurt in his chest everytime he tried to inhaled deeply. But even if it hurt, Baekhyun would do anything for her.

 

I ride the soft wind into your world
I go right next to you and you ask where I came from
You asked so innocently so I answered that it is a secret
Because if we just walk together like this
Wherever we go, it'll be heaven

 

Jihyun cried again, as she gripped Baekhyun’s clothes tight.

 

“Don’t leave me…”, she muttered. Baekhyun ruffled her hair messily.

 

“I won’t, I’ve told you right? I’m staying Jihyun, by your side”, he said and smiled. She just had to smile back, although the reality just hit and kicked her hard. She was just closing her eyes for awhile, when she heard him groaning in pain.

 

She opened her eyes in quick and saw him bending himself in pain. She stood up from her seat and grabbed his body.

 

“Baekhyun! What happened?!”, she asked, in panic. He coughed, and it was blood he spitting. She tried to hold him safely but he kept moving around, messing the bed and finally he rolled his body, making his back facing the ceiling. The wings, suddenly wrecked his skin once again and rebelled their owner again. They kept moving around, like they wanted to escape from Baekhyun’s body. The feather kept falling down, as the wing crashed everything in their way. Baekhyun yelled, screamed, growled, in pain. Jihyun was just frozen in her place, as her tears were showing up again. ‘What should I do?’. She tremblingly reached the bell, and numerously pressed it. The nurse seemed to slowly react, and it made her panic even more.

 

“NURSE HELP!”, she yelled. As soon as she did it, she heard stomps from the hallway. Baekhyun’s wings seemed unhappy about this as they got even more furious, flapping harshly and not bothered about Baekhyun’s pain.

 

“AAAARGHHH!!!!”

 

The door flung opened, showing several nurses and her brother. They were frozen too, not believing in what they saw. A pair of angered wings. Several nurses screamed in fear, when suddenly, the time seemed to be stopped. A bright light emerged from nowhere and Jihyun unconsciously covered her eyes. No sound, no movement. As she opened her eyes, she saw the nurses and her brother were standing there just like a statue. ‘What happened?’

 

“BAEKHYUN!”

 

A voice from her back just got her shocked as she quickly turned around, to see several males were already there, surrounding Baekhyun in worry. Two of them tried to help Baekhyun, one took a hold of the wings and the other one had some light on his hand and put it on Baekhyun’s body. The others were surrounding Baekhyun and tried to wake him up, calling his name numerous times. She turned her head to a male standing next to her. The male just stared at her coldly, before saying.

 

“He had told you. Nothing lasts forever, right?”

 


Updated again! Haphap few more chapters, be patient okayyy :)

And... baekhyun is dying huhuhu :(

So yeah, comments and subscribes are still loved :D

Thank you for supporting this fanfic :3

Meloveyou <3