83

Fallen Angel

Narrator’s POV
 

Baekhyun sighed as he stood next to Hyunjae, who had his head up to stare blankly at the sky. He just didn’t know, whether he should thank him or beat him till death.

 

‘You left her… how could you?!’, Baekhyun snapped at him.

 

‘I didn’t mean to’

 

‘Oh yeah?! That’s a really reasonable reason for you to say’

 

‘I left her for the song she always liked to hear’

 

‘And left her alone in her wedding day? Gosh you must be so stupid’

 

‘I was,,,’, he admitted as he gazed up to the sky again. Baekhyun chose to stay in silence too, as he flew his gaze to the dancing grasses on the field.

 

‘You know, maybe God won’t let this stupid me staying by her side, thank goodness He sent you to her’, Hyunjae said again as he tore his gaze from the sky, moving it to Baekhyun. Baekhyun just stood there, not bothering to reply his sentence. The only thing he had in mind was Jihyun. Jihyun, Jihyun, and Jihyun. He did want to kill this Hyunjae for her, but being dead, he wouldn’t be able to die twice.

 

‘Thanks for taking care of her’, he said. ‘I’m grateful to know that God sent a perfect man like you to be by her side’.

 

Tears were urging to flow down to Baekhyun’s cheeks, as he realized he wasn’t able to stay by her side just like Hyunjae said. He looked down to his feet, trying to gulp away the tears.

 

He felt the same way just now, as they both stood next to each other. Hyunjae was in black suit, while Baekhyun in white. Both of them stayed in silence, when suddenly Hyunjae looked up and said, “She’s here”

 

Baekhyun looked around at first, but not finding anyone was there. He just remembered, it was her dream in the past, how could she not be in the dream?

 

Then steps were heard from their behind. Baekhyun was startled, when suddenly Hyunjae patted his back.

 

“Take care of her on my behalf, stay with her, at least in this dream. Make her happy, okay?”, Hyunjae said.

 

“But… I’m here to warn her not to fall for me”

 

“That won’t work. She loves you, more than she did to me. And I know you’ll love her more than I have loved her. Trust me, just stay here and make her happy. Please, I beg you”

 

Baekhyun stayed in silence again, as he let Hyunjae took several steps away, leaving him and Jihyun at behind. Baekhyun was off from his mind, until he heard a tumbling sound and body hitting the ground. He quickly turned around, to find Jihyun was falling down to the ground, face attaching on the ground, hands gripping on some grasses for support. She tried to get up, but failed as she fell down again in result. He ran towards her, helping her to get up on her own feet. As soon as she did so, she tried to catch up with Hyunjae, but Baekhyun acted faster as he hugged her tight, not letting her go.

 

‘I missed this warmth’, Baekhyun thought. Jihyun was struggling to get away from his hug.

 

“Let me go”, she said in a low tone.

 

“No”, he answered shortly.

 

“I said let me go”, she said again, struggling to be out from his hug. He didn’t say anything and tightened his hug, preventing her to be off from his hug.

 

“What are you doing? Let me go! I need to talk to him!”, she yelled as she felt tears were rolling down again. She hit his chest several times, hoping that it would make him loosen his hug. It hurt him, to know Jihyun was no longer recognizing him. But what did he expect? It was her dream, in the past. It wasn’t that Jihyun had even remembered who he was.

 

“He’s leaving”, he said to her ears, not letting her to see his face. He really wanted to cry, couldn’t take it to know the fact that she didn’t recognize him.

 

“That’s why you need to let me go!”, she said, screaming with overflowing tears on her face. She looked straight ahead behind Baekhyun’s shoulder, and found Hyunjae was nowhere in sight. She cried harder on the Baekhyun’s shoulder, as she now saw nothing but grasses.

 

“Don’t leave me”, she said between her sobs. She stop struggling and let a river flowed from her eyes, feeling a lot weaker than before. Her sight got blurrier than before and she lost strength on her knees. She fell on his embrace, letting his warmth took over her weak body. She fell down on her knees, Baekhyun followed her too. He let her head rested on his lap, making her facing his face. He smiled sadly as he noticed her eyes couldn’t figure who he was. The next thing, she fainted. He smiled as he hugged her tight, as tight as he could. He wanted to show how much he missed her, but being unknown to her, it would just hurt him to do so. So he ended up her soft hair as he smiled to her, before kissing her temple as he whispered.

 

“I promise I will never leave you. At least not in your own dream , Jihyun. I love you”


Updated!

Actually, i wanna put some fighting scene between baekhyun and hyunjae but yeah... not enough imagination -_-

And.. did you find the scene familiar? It's the scene from chapter 6-7 hehehe.

So the point is, baekhyun from the future is the one who kept bugging her at her dream

Thank you so much for support, me love you guys so muchh <3