18

Fallen Angel

Narrator’s POV

She stayed awake for the whole night, crying herself a river. She put her head between her knees and stared blankly on the floor with her eyes full of tears. She hated how weak she was now, but as much as she wanted not to cry, she just couldn’t help it but letting the tears made their move down the earth. She couldn’t control her feelings, and ended up cursing to the emptiness of the night, hoping it would at least make her heart on ease, but it didn’t.

 

It was morning already, and finally she stopped crying. In return, she got these puffy eyebags plastered under her eyes. She scoffed at her own reflection in the bathroom’s mirror.

 

‘I look desperate’, she thought as her hands wandered on her face.

 

‘I am desperate’, she corrected herself with a mocking face. She then opened the bathroom’s cupboard, searching for her glasses placed among the other beauty products. She always put her glasses there, in case she needed it for times like this. She needed it to cover her swollen eyes, since she didn’t like when people asked about it. She didn’t like being pitied by anyone, it made her feel like a trash. She had rummaged through the cupboard, but still she couldn’t find her glasses there. She then went through all the places in the bathroom and living room, but there was no sign of her glasses there.

 

“Ahh, I put it in my bedroom earlier. Aish how can I be so forgetful”, she said to herself, mentally slapping her own forehead. She then went to her bedroom, which where Baekhyun slept last night. She opened the door and peeked in, trying to see if Baekhyun still sleeping. And he was, so she quietly opened the door a little bit wider, letting herself to walk into the room.

 

‘Why is it so dark?’, she thought.

 

She tiptoed closer to the nightstand, where she put the glasses the last time she had her eyes puffed after crying for hours. She slowly opened its drawer, revealing things in it, and found her glasses next to the picture of her on the white sand beach. She stared blankly at it. ‘From all the picture, I took this one and put it here. Hah, still can’t get over him huh Jihyun?’

 

She stared at the picture with hateful stare, and quickly closed the drawer. She put the glasses on, and was about to walked out of the room, when she heard him tossed and turned, mumbling incoherent words.

 

“Askjfhqwohncaiwbujdm”, he mumbled as he scratched his stomach, tossing and turning. She chuckled at the scene and stepped closer to the sleeping boy. She leaned on the nightstand, getting a better view of him sleeptalking.

 

“Mom…”, he mumbled again. ‘He sure loves his mom’, she thought. She bent down to the bed’s level and leaned closer to him, putting away some hair strain from his face, literally caressing his head. ‘Why am I doing this?’.

 

Instead of stopping it, she kept caressing his head. He unconciously smiled at the contact, his face was in peaceful state. She smiled lovingly as she saw that. But sadness soon took over the warmth of her smile.

 

‘That person always did this everytime I felt down or tired. Haha even now you inherit his habit, Jihyun. You’re really helpless’, she smiled sarcastically, mocking at herself.

 

But then, Baekhyun tossed and turned as he felt her hand stop caressing his head. She smiled again, as she let her hand wandered on his feature. His closed eyes, his soft skin, his pointed nose, his soft lips, she caressed every point of his face, admiring his features. ‘How can human have this perfect feature?’

 

She was in deep admiration, when she heard him mumbling another words.

 

“Mom… My wings are broken”

 

‘What?’

 


Updated! Hehe double update for today >< Uhm, to clear things up, Jihyun still thinks that Baekhyun isn't an angel hehe.

Btw, i've already written for the next several chapters and just wanna say.... sorry, dorky Baekhyun will have to wait haha, Jihyun's past sure takes a lot chapters, but don't worry, i'll make sure dorky Baekhyun will fly to you as soon as he can *bbuing*

Thanks for reading and commenting and subscribing, i really love you guys <3