49

Fallen Angel

His POV

DUAR!!!

 

Guh-reat. It’s storm outside. Clouds are wrestling each other and I can see rain starting to pour down the earth. The wind is also getting stronger and stronger in each second. Seeing how weird the storm is, I bet it’s the result of my brothers’ works. The senior angels must be testing them to see how well they control their powers. I would curse them one by one if they failed this storm.

 

DUAR!!!

 

A bright, loud, shocking thunder sparks up the sky in a split of second. The light is out and it’s dark now. I flinch a bit, as I hear Jihyun’s screaming from inside. The thunder must have scared her. Urgh, Chen, you should pay for this.

 

I quickly run to her room and fling the door open, finding her in sitting position, hugging her knees tight and burying her head in it. I see him her trembling in fear with the help of weak thunder outside. She hopelessly sobs on her knees. Jihyun, don’t be like this please.

 

“Jihyun? Are you okay?”, I ask her as I approach her bed. She looks up to me with teary eyes. Her hair is a mess, maybe because she had pulled them due to the shocked feeling she got. I run my hand to her hair, and fix every strands of them. She stares at me in fear, and I just reply that stare with smile. That’s the only thing I can do. Well, it’s improper to just stare her back with no expression. It would just scare her more.

 

I make my way to sit beside her. Seeing her condition, I think it would be best to accompany her for awhile. At least until she feels better and relaxed enough to go back to sleep again. Jihyun just lets me to do so, as she still hugging her knees tight. I pat her head and slightly her hair.

 

“Don’t worry Jihyun, I’m here”

 

Jihyun looks to my direction, and then the thunder strikes up again. She quickly buries her head on my shoulder in horror. I see her shoulder trembling, so I run my arm around her and put my chin on the top of her head.

 

“It’s okay, the thunder won’t hurt you”, I say, trying to calm her down. I think it’s working. She’s no longer trembling like before, but her gesture still shows that she’s still afraid. I unconsciously rub my hand on her arm. I really have no idea why am I doing that.

 

The storm seems to calm down a bit. No more thunder, just darkness lingering around us. I let go my arm from her, considering maybe she’s no longer scared anymore. But guess I’m wrong. As soon as I take my arm off her, she quickly hugs me tight. What is she doing? Is she still scared?

 

“I hate darkness”, she mumbles. I just stare at her in confusion, but end up hugging her back, as tight as she does to me. Her body is really huggable, and warm. It’s really comfortable to hug her, making it hard to let go of her hug. Urgh, abnormal heartbeats attack again. I hope Jihyun won’t notice that. But, seems like I can feel her heartbeat too. And it’s as abnormal as mine. Does Jihyun feel the same feeling as I do?

 

Her POV

I end up hugging Baekhyun tight. It’s so warm, comfortable, and peaceful. It takes away the heaviness in my heart, and it feels so light now. Maybe because of lightness, it races fast like a cheetah chasing its prey. I can feel the same thing from Baekhyun. Instead of feeling uneasy, I feel so peaceful to have this abnormal heartbeat. It pumps comfortable feelings to all part of my body. Am I really falling for him? Well, I think I am.

 

After several minutes of hugging, I finally let go of the hug. Truth is, I don’t want to let go of the hug, but thinking that it maybe uncomfortable to him, so I just let the hug off.

 

“Thanks Baekhyun. And.. sorry”, I mumble, but still loud enough for him to hear. He smiles in reply. Urgh, his smile. It’s really precious. I just can’t hold the urge to smile back. I think I am really falling for him. Great thing, if it makes me forget about ‘that person’. I hope so.

 

“There’s no need to thank and apologize Jihyun. You know I’ll be always here for you right?”, he says as he smiles warmly. Just like ‘that person’.

 

‘I will be always by your side. For better or worse”

 

“I will always protect you Jihyun. You are not alone”

 

“Well, if I happen not to be by your side, you know my love will always do right?”

 

Sadness suddenly covering my light heart, making it heavy again, as heavy as before. Darkness comes lingering on my mind. All of ‘that person’ said was a lie. Is Baekhyun’s going to be a lie too? I don’t know. I am too afraid to believe.

 

“Don’t lie to me…”, I mumble.

 

Baekhyun seems to be startled at my sentence. I am expecting he will defend himself, saying ‘no I’m not!’ or ‘what makes you think so?’ etc. But seems like I’m wrong. I look up to him and he just smiles in return. No offended feeling, no anger, no negatives thoughts, just smile.

 

“It’s up to you to believe it or not, although I really hope you do believe me”, he says and pats my head. I stare at him in hope, and he again, smiles back in return. I just like his smile. It warms my heart. Then, he gets up from the bed and stands right on its side.

 

“I’ll be outside if you need me, okay?”, he says. He then starts to walk to the door, not waiting for my answers. Me, on the other hand, is just staring at his back, going further and further. Somehow, it’s hard to just see him walks away from me for just several steps. No… I don’t want to be left anymore. Don’t leave me.

 

“Baekhyun”, I call him. He turns around and sees me, waiting for the next sentence coming out from my mouth.

 

“Can you just… sleep here?”

 


Updated! Sorry for not updating yesterday, i went to my graduation party held by my school haha.

And guess what... I got the first rank from the entire school huaha i just can't believe it :D

Random thoughts! Have you watched the eco-drive song by EXO-K? It is purely cute! And i just love how they flapped their arms like a chicken hahaha. And Suho+Sehun wore a nerdy glasses and they are just cuteeee >< And Kai with his aegyo is just irresistable. Maaaaan cutie EXO-K in attack!

So yeah, that's all from me. Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing :D

Love you guyssss <3